Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• It’s a personal choice, not a schools choice

If a girl decides she wants to wear makeup to school, then it’s her own choice, it’s her face at the end of the day,if it makes her more confident and happy then go for it, and why are schools focusing on people’s looks rather than education! What has happened to the world?

• What's the problem?

I understand why people think makeup is bad because about 20 years ago it was used to impress men. But like I said it was about 20 years ago!! People need to understand that girls don't wear makeup to impress anyone other than themselves and if they want to wear it wear it and if not don't its as simple as that!

• Self-consciousness is a huge thing in girls.

I myself am a young girl and i personally WANT to swear makeup. But our teachers have banned it. Im very self-conscious, I've been called fat and ugly (Im not really that fat tho). Its not to show off to others, Its to make myself feel complete. It may be true that "Pretty" girls get targeted for sex, Its our choice and the teachers and other students should respect it!! So i say yes! Girls should be aloud to wear makeup (And boys if they want))

• Social Media and Bulling Should Not be overlooked

Girls often feel pressured by social media to be something they are not, make up is a way to hide their insecurities and feel more confident in their own body. By wearing makeup to school they are not affecting their other pupils or their own learning in a negative way as they are more likely to focus as they don't feel insecure about people judging them .

• It's fun and an artistic statement!

I do my makeup because it helps me feel better, and I surely don't do it to impress anyone. And if I want to impress someone, I should be free to do that! I'm an artist and makeup is a way of expressing myself. We don't wear makeup because we think its a beauty pagent or whatever. It's just for fun! School is hard enough, why take away our freedom?

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Because I say so

Because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so because I say so

• Slightly in the middle, but more on the 'no' side.

I think that girls should accept themselves and be natural. I think most girls wear makeup because other girls wear it, and they feel like because they wear makeup they get more attention from males and not only. But if someone really feels insecure about their skin, concealer or foundation should be allowed from my point of view. I hate seeing girls who have perfect skin, or girls who have 1 small spot and they apply coats and coats of foundation one on top of another. On the other side, make up doesn't hurt anyone.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• Sure, let's promote more waste of money and time and encourage material-based superficial confidence.

Of course, it's girls' own choice to wake up hours earlier than necessary every school day to put on makeup and ensure that they look perfect. It's also their choice to spend their or their parents' money on mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, lipstick, blush, foundation, and the list goes on and on. It's their own choice to compete with others, not just with their clothes and hair, but also with their makeup. It's their choice to become more preoccupied with their appearances than with education, to spend hours in front of the mirrors even at school. It's their choice to let makeup beautify their faces and to let it give themselves confidence, and it's their choice to feel ugly and lose all confident after stripping it away.

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• Make u buy make up and you don't need it because you are pretty the way u r.

I think that they should not wear it so they don't have to go and buy the make up. Most people who wear make up are trying to get someone to like them so just don't wear and make up so people can see your natural side. So just go as you are and don't listen to what other people say about you, r perfect the way u are now.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools