Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Does it effect anyone at school other than the girl?

I really don't understand why teachers and principals care so much it has nothing to do with them and it's not their choice. Some people think that you're trying to hide your face when you wear makeup but I think you're bring out the beauty in it. I'm 12 years old and I wear mascara and a bit of cover up once in a while cause I don't need or want that much yet. My mom says that it's a great way to express yourself and get ready for when you're older and actually need it. At my school we also don't have mirrors cause they don't want us checking up on ourselves during the day. . . . . WHY😒this should not be a problem that they feel the need to fix. Unless they are ACTUALLY TEACHING us to be body positive instead of just taking away rightso that we have as girls. I think that this should be something for the parents and the girls as it has nothing to do with anybody at school and it's not principals and teachers choice or job

• They are allowed to wear it

It does not matter if girls are wearing it. It is their choice. Not everybody needs it but it helps people to boost their self esteem and confidence at school. If make up distracts people from school than they should ban it but currently it is fine. I think it shouldn't matter anymore

• What's the Problem?

Many people wear makeup not to impress anyone. They do so to boost their self-esteem, Self-confidence, Etc. They wear it to make them feel better in themselves. Some don't even wear that much! Many people think makeup is used to impress someone or to attract a partner. Like stated above, There are still many who do so for their own psychological reasons, Not physical.

• It’s not a problem

In my opinion a girl can wear makeup if it gives you confidence go for it girl! They wear it so THEY feel pretty not for someone else, So why not let a girl be confident and look beautiful at the same time? It’s not a problem last time I checked no ones getting hurt by wearing a little makeup.

• It’s not a problem

• It's a division

At my school, you can tell who the 'popular' girls are by their tinge of 'orange' skin. I'm not saying that girls shouldn't be aloud to wear makeup because i wear a bit but that's to enhance looks not look like i belong in a fruit bowl. It defines the groups in my year and i don't think they should be allowed to cake their faces. GIRLS THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIGHT MAKEUP AND LOOKING LIKE YOU HAVE DRAWN CRAYOLA ON YOUR FACE

• It's a division

• It's a division

• Make up isnt always BAD

Make up allows young females to express themselves fully without having to worry about other people laughing at the way they look naturally. Females usually wear make-up to look pretty, but for some it is to boost self-confidence. For girls with imperfect skin, making themselves presentable through wearing make-up can boost confidence levels and when they are made to take it all off, it can make some of them feel ugly and worthless.

In many schools across the UK wearing make-up is not allowed and will have consequences if this rule isn’t followed. When females start going to secondary schools they start to develop and mature in many ways, one of the ways is that they decide to wear make-up of their choice to make themselves feel pretty. One of the consequences in schools is that students are forced to wipe their faces in front of numerous teachers and students to ensure that they are not wearing any sort of make-up. Teachers are always wearing makeup and it doesn't seem like a big deal. It’s sometimes said that ‘students are going to lose learning time by wearing make-up’.

• Make up isn't always BAD!

• I think no

Because makeup hides stuff yes I get that it also ruins your skin and that who cares if your ugly but at least your not hiding the ugliness you might be ugly on the outside but might be beautiful on the inside well I don't know what its like I just started high school but this is what I think it ruins your skin it ruin mine so don't let that happen to you thanks for reading

• Why not ?

Why shouldn't make up be worn many girls feel self conscious about themselves and how everyone perceives them. Teachers always shame me in front of the class when I get caught wearing make up. Banning makeup will make you want to wear it more. If someone's parents don't want them to wear make up then its between them and their parents its nothing to do with the school. How do you think that girls who wear make up will feel when they take it off. Girls with skin conditions who wear make up to cover it will maybe be taken the mick out of so please don't ban our suit of face armour

• It ruins you face

Make up ruins your face. Before you put on make up, at least check the back to see if you can get pimples from it. I do not like make up but my sister does. She puts tons of it on. Foundation, liquid eyeliner, and blush gives people pimples. Remember, before you put make up on check the labels.

• Girls don't need makeup o be happy.

Gil's need to enjoy their childhood, not worry about how pretty she looks or what boys think. My best friend in middle school was obsessed with makeup to the point that she got a detention, she wasn't even allowed to wear it but she still snuck it past her dad. It eventually gave her an ugly personality.

• It's absolutely stupid.

I am still in school (sixth form) an we are allowed to wear make-up because we are meant to be treated like adults and the adults are allowed to wear make up. However lower years are not, and by coming to school wearing make up ruins their education as the teachers are constantly telling them to take it off. If they just didn't wear it, there would be more learning time as the teachers wouldn't need to run around with wet wipes. I agree you should be able to express yourself, but you don't need to do it by caking on loads of make up.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools