Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• It’s a personal choice, not a schools choice

If a girl decides she wants to wear makeup to school, then it’s her own choice, it’s her face at the end of the day,if it makes her more confident and happy then go for it, and why are schools focusing on people’s looks rather than education! What has happened to the world?

• What's the problem?

I understand why people think makeup is bad because about 20 years ago it was used to impress men. But like I said it was about 20 years ago!! People need to understand that girls don't wear makeup to impress anyone other than themselves and if they want to wear it wear it and if not don't its as simple as that!

• Self-consciousness is a huge thing in girls.

I myself am a young girl and i personally WANT to swear makeup. But our teachers have banned it. Im very self-conscious, I've been called fat and ugly (Im not really that fat tho). Its not to show off to others, Its to make myself feel complete. It may be true that "Pretty" girls get targeted for sex, Its our choice and the teachers and other students should respect it!! So i say yes! Girls should be aloud to wear makeup (And boys if they want))

• Social Media and Bulling Should Not be overlooked

Girls often feel pressured by social media to be something they are not, make up is a way to hide their insecurities and feel more confident in their own body. By wearing makeup to school they are not affecting their other pupils or their own learning in a negative way as they are more likely to focus as they don't feel insecure about people judging them .

• It's fun and an artistic statement!

I do my makeup because it helps me feel better, and I surely don't do it to impress anyone. And if I want to impress someone, I should be free to do that! I'm an artist and makeup is a way of expressing myself. We don't wear makeup because we think its a beauty pagent or whatever. It's just for fun! School is hard enough, why take away our freedom?

• It's a division

At my school, you can tell who the 'popular' girls are by their tinge of 'orange' skin. I'm not saying that girls shouldn't be aloud to wear makeup because i wear a bit but that's to enhance looks not look like i belong in a fruit bowl. It defines the groups in my year and i don't think they should be allowed to cake their faces. GIRLS THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIGHT MAKEUP AND LOOKING LIKE YOU HAVE DRAWN CRAYOLA ON YOUR FACE

• It's a division

• It's a division

• Make up isnt always BAD

Make up allows young females to express themselves fully without having to worry about other people laughing at the way they look naturally. Females usually wear make-up to look pretty, but for some it is to boost self-confidence. For girls with imperfect skin, making themselves presentable through wearing make-up can boost confidence levels and when they are made to take it all off, it can make some of them feel ugly and worthless.

In many schools across the UK wearing make-up is not allowed and will have consequences if this rule isn’t followed. When females start going to secondary schools they start to develop and mature in many ways, one of the ways is that they decide to wear make-up of their choice to make themselves feel pretty. One of the consequences in schools is that students are forced to wipe their faces in front of numerous teachers and students to ensure that they are not wearing any sort of make-up. Teachers are always wearing makeup and it doesn't seem like a big deal. It’s sometimes said that ‘students are going to lose learning time by wearing make-up’.

• Make up isn't always BAD!

• I think no

Because makeup hides stuff yes I get that it also ruins your skin and that who cares if your ugly but at least your not hiding the ugliness you might be ugly on the outside but might be beautiful on the inside well I don't know what its like I just started high school but this is what I think it ruins your skin it ruin mine so don't let that happen to you thanks for reading

• Why not ?

Why shouldn't make up be worn many girls feel self conscious about themselves and how everyone perceives them. Teachers always shame me in front of the class when I get caught wearing make up. Banning makeup will make you want to wear it more. If someone's parents don't want them to wear make up then its between them and their parents its nothing to do with the school. How do you think that girls who wear make up will feel when they take it off. Girls with skin conditions who wear make up to cover it will maybe be taken the mick out of so please don't ban our suit of face armour

• It ruins you face

Make up ruins your face. Before you put on make up, at least check the back to see if you can get pimples from it. I do not like make up but my sister does. She puts tons of it on. Foundation, liquid eyeliner, and blush gives people pimples. Remember, before you put make up on check the labels.

• Girls don't need makeup o be happy.

Gil's need to enjoy their childhood, not worry about how pretty she looks or what boys think. My best friend in middle school was obsessed with makeup to the point that she got a detention, she wasn't even allowed to wear it but she still snuck it past her dad. It eventually gave her an ugly personality.

• It's absolutely stupid.

I am still in school (sixth form) an we are allowed to wear make-up because we are meant to be treated like adults and the adults are allowed to wear make up. However lower years are not, and by coming to school wearing make up ruins their education as the teachers are constantly telling them to take it off. If they just didn't wear it, there would be more learning time as the teachers wouldn't need to run around with wet wipes. I agree you should be able to express yourself, but you don't need to do it by caking on loads of make up.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools