Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• It’s a personal choice, not a schools choice

If a girl decides she wants to wear makeup to school, then it’s her own choice, it’s her face at the end of the day,if it makes her more confident and happy then go for it, and why are schools focusing on people’s looks rather than education! What has happened to the world?

• What's the problem?

I understand why people think makeup is bad because about 20 years ago it was used to impress men. But like I said it was about 20 years ago!! People need to understand that girls don't wear makeup to impress anyone other than themselves and if they want to wear it wear it and if not don't its as simple as that!

• Self-consciousness is a huge thing in girls.

I myself am a young girl and i personally WANT to swear makeup. But our teachers have banned it. Im very self-conscious, I've been called fat and ugly (Im not really that fat tho). Its not to show off to others, Its to make myself feel complete. It may be true that "Pretty" girls get targeted for sex, Its our choice and the teachers and other students should respect it!! So i say yes! Girls should be aloud to wear makeup (And boys if they want))

• Social Media and Bulling Should Not be overlooked

Girls often feel pressured by social media to be something they are not, make up is a way to hide their insecurities and feel more confident in their own body. By wearing makeup to school they are not affecting their other pupils or their own learning in a negative way as they are more likely to focus as they don't feel insecure about people judging them .

• It's fun and an artistic statement!

I do my makeup because it helps me feel better, and I surely don't do it to impress anyone. And if I want to impress someone, I should be free to do that! I'm an artist and makeup is a way of expressing myself. We don't wear makeup because we think its a beauty pagent or whatever. It's just for fun! School is hard enough, why take away our freedom?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

• People should defiantly be able to wear makeup (male or female)

I honestly am baffled by the way people have a viewpoint on makeup. Some girls and boys don't wear makeup because they don't feel confident and they want to attract guys. Some people wear it because they love makeup. I (personally) don't go full out with makeup. I just put on a light BB cream and sometimes I wear mascara (I'm in 7th grade). I wear makeup because I like the look of it. I don't wear makeup because I "hate" myself. Thankfully in my school it's not against the rules to wear makeup. Honestly, if it was I would wear makeup anyway. It is my face, I am allowed to do what I want with it. Can come to school with blue eyeshadow and yellow lipstick if I wanted to. It's MY face.

• Yes of course i need it

Because i have been read a story that talk about a girl that she have been see her face in the mirror she says that she are not beautifull and in that time she had never see in the mirror she was thinking that she have to but a makeup that way she choice the makeup

the writer by life exprience

• No they shouldn't

Focus on you studies
    Cakey makeup is ugly
    Natural face is pretty
    So don't wear makeup really

No they should not. Students wearing makeup would be judged by others bullying would occur more frequently. Not to mention students wearing makeup would be scolded by teachers. So I oppose girls wearing makeup to school :):

• No they shouldn't

Focus on you studies
    Cakey makeup is ugly
    Natural face is pretty
    So don't wear makeup really

• Kind of, Kinda not

I think girls should be allowed to wear light coats of foundation but I really prefer girls not to because one, It could ruin your face when your an adult and two Girls your beautiful the way you are I see no reason to need makeup <3 <3 <3 <3

• No, definitely not.

I had a great number of problems with girls and make-up in school. This included makeup being lost or stolen from bags, girls putting make-up on in class when they ought to have been concentrating on the lesson; make-up so heavy it looked silly; mascara running; girls being bullied because they did not wear it etc etc etc. Let's be sensible - make-up and school uniform does not mix!

• It makes others feel bad.

School is for learning, not to find relationships and distract other students. Many teens have a hard time applying makeup and is often the topic of gossip. I cant't even tell you how many times I have heard " eww, what is wrong with her makeup, she would be so much prettier if she blended, etc." If no one wore make up then no one would be made fun of for being a cake face or compared to other girls how wear more makeup. Instead of saying make up makes you confident and thats why you should wear it, you should think that if no one wore make up then you wouldnt have to compare yourself to others.

• It's school people

Make-up isn't art. When artists do their work they don't sacrifice their own health. If you have done your homework on make-ups you would realize how harmful they are to a students health. Students don't make their own money making them rely on pocket money. Pocket money isn't enough for the students to buy the make-ups and as a result the students start to buy cheap but harmful ones

• No no no!

I believe this is not right. It's school, not a fashion parlor or a beauty contest. It's simply a waste of time. And it's also a waste of money. Sure people want to look perfect, but it's still not perfect even though you put make up on. So forget it.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools