Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Does it effect anyone at school other than the girl?

I really don't understand why teachers and principals care so much it has nothing to do with them and it's not their choice. Some people think that you're trying to hide your face when you wear makeup but I think you're bring out the beauty in it. I'm 12 years old and I wear mascara and a bit of cover up once in a while cause I don't need or want that much yet. My mom says that it's a great way to express yourself and get ready for when you're older and actually need it. At my school we also don't have mirrors cause they don't want us checking up on ourselves during the day. . . . . WHY😒this should not be a problem that they feel the need to fix. Unless they are ACTUALLY TEACHING us to be body positive instead of just taking away rightso that we have as girls. I think that this should be something for the parents and the girls as it has nothing to do with anybody at school and it's not principals and teachers choice or job

• They are allowed to wear it

It does not matter if girls are wearing it. It is their choice. Not everybody needs it but it helps people to boost their self esteem and confidence at school. If make up distracts people from school than they should ban it but currently it is fine. I think it shouldn't matter anymore

• What's the Problem?

Many people wear makeup not to impress anyone. They do so to boost their self-esteem, Self-confidence, Etc. They wear it to make them feel better in themselves. Some don't even wear that much! Many people think makeup is used to impress someone or to attract a partner. Like stated above, There are still many who do so for their own psychological reasons, Not physical.

• It’s not a problem

In my opinion a girl can wear makeup if it gives you confidence go for it girl! They wear it so THEY feel pretty not for someone else, So why not let a girl be confident and look beautiful at the same time? It’s not a problem last time I checked no ones getting hurt by wearing a little makeup.

• It’s not a problem

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

• People should defiantly be able to wear makeup (male or female)

I honestly am baffled by the way people have a viewpoint on makeup. Some girls and boys don't wear makeup because they don't feel confident and they want to attract guys. Some people wear it because they love makeup. I (personally) don't go full out with makeup. I just put on a light BB cream and sometimes I wear mascara (I'm in 7th grade). I wear makeup because I like the look of it. I don't wear makeup because I "hate" myself. Thankfully in my school it's not against the rules to wear makeup. Honestly, if it was I would wear makeup anyway. It is my face, I am allowed to do what I want with it. Can come to school with blue eyeshadow and yellow lipstick if I wanted to. It's MY face.

• Yes of course i need it

Because i have been read a story that talk about a girl that she have been see her face in the mirror she says that she are not beautifull and in that time she had never see in the mirror she was thinking that she have to but a makeup that way she choice the makeup

the writer by life exprience

• No they shouldn't

Focus on you studies
    Cakey makeup is ugly
    Natural face is pretty
    So don't wear makeup really

No they should not. Students wearing makeup would be judged by others bullying would occur more frequently. Not to mention students wearing makeup would be scolded by teachers. So I oppose girls wearing makeup to school :):

• No they shouldn't

Focus on you studies
    Cakey makeup is ugly
    Natural face is pretty
    So don't wear makeup really

• Kind of, Kinda not

I think girls should be allowed to wear light coats of foundation but I really prefer girls not to because one, It could ruin your face when your an adult and two Girls your beautiful the way you are I see no reason to need makeup <3 <3 <3 <3

• No, definitely not.

I had a great number of problems with girls and make-up in school. This included makeup being lost or stolen from bags, girls putting make-up on in class when they ought to have been concentrating on the lesson; make-up so heavy it looked silly; mascara running; girls being bullied because they did not wear it etc etc etc. Let's be sensible - make-up and school uniform does not mix!

• It makes others feel bad.

School is for learning, not to find relationships and distract other students. Many teens have a hard time applying makeup and is often the topic of gossip. I cant't even tell you how many times I have heard " eww, what is wrong with her makeup, she would be so much prettier if she blended, etc." If no one wore make up then no one would be made fun of for being a cake face or compared to other girls how wear more makeup. Instead of saying make up makes you confident and thats why you should wear it, you should think that if no one wore make up then you wouldnt have to compare yourself to others.

• It's school people

Make-up isn't art. When artists do their work they don't sacrifice their own health. If you have done your homework on make-ups you would realize how harmful they are to a students health. Students don't make their own money making them rely on pocket money. Pocket money isn't enough for the students to buy the make-ups and as a result the students start to buy cheap but harmful ones

• No no no!

I believe this is not right. It's school, not a fashion parlor or a beauty contest. It's simply a waste of time. And it's also a waste of money. Sure people want to look perfect, but it's still not perfect even though you put make up on. So forget it.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools