Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• It’s a personal choice, not a schools choice

If a girl decides she wants to wear makeup to school, then it’s her own choice, it’s her face at the end of the day,if it makes her more confident and happy then go for it, and why are schools focusing on people’s looks rather than education! What has happened to the world?

• What's the problem?

I understand why people think makeup is bad because about 20 years ago it was used to impress men. But like I said it was about 20 years ago!! People need to understand that girls don't wear makeup to impress anyone other than themselves and if they want to wear it wear it and if not don't its as simple as that!

• Self-consciousness is a huge thing in girls.

I myself am a young girl and i personally WANT to swear makeup. But our teachers have banned it. Im very self-conscious, I've been called fat and ugly (Im not really that fat tho). Its not to show off to others, Its to make myself feel complete. It may be true that "Pretty" girls get targeted for sex, Its our choice and the teachers and other students should respect it!! So i say yes! Girls should be aloud to wear makeup (And boys if they want))

• Social Media and Bulling Should Not be overlooked

Girls often feel pressured by social media to be something they are not, make up is a way to hide their insecurities and feel more confident in their own body. By wearing makeup to school they are not affecting their other pupils or their own learning in a negative way as they are more likely to focus as they don't feel insecure about people judging them .

• It's fun and an artistic statement!

I do my makeup because it helps me feel better, and I surely don't do it to impress anyone. And if I want to impress someone, I should be free to do that! I'm an artist and makeup is a way of expressing myself. We don't wear makeup because we think its a beauty pagent or whatever. It's just for fun! School is hard enough, why take away our freedom?

• It doesn't affect their school life

The pupils do their makeup in their own time not in school. It does not affect how well they perform in a test or what classes there good at it simply just makes them feel good about themselves. If the student feels confident about the way they look they are more likely to do well than someone who is feeling self conscious 24/7.

• Becuse of bulling

Because people need to feel themselves and need to express themselves and it dosnt effect the learning of others or the people wearing the makeup and most of the girls in my school wear natural makeup and we get told to take it off but i dont understand whats wrong with it

• Becuse of bulling

• Makeup can be who we are!

People think that when girls wear makeup we are covering up who they really are. But if we like to wear makeup and it makes us feel more comfortable then we are not finding anything. All you girls out there... If you want to wear makeup no one can stop you! It is your face you are putting it on... Not theirs!

• I agree that there shouldn't be a uniform and you should be allowed to wear makeup

Everyone in here knows they don’t want to wear school uniform, or they want to wear makeup. I think it isn’t fair that we have to wear a uniform that we do not feel comfortable in.

I feel like this because we all get judged on a day to day bases on how we look, and it makes us feel uncomfortable. However some people feel that uniform is needed to make the school look more appealing.

Another reason for makeup being optional, is that it won’t affect our education, so why should it matter? It will make us feel better about ourselves and give us more confidence. Further on, i strongly believe there we should be able to express ourselves by the clothes we wear.

Continuing, i feel strongly in being able to wear our own clothes. People who don’t have enough money, should be able to spend as little money as they need on clothes they want to wear, instead of wasting money on the prices of school uniform.

It’s not just us who feel this way, Kim Curl, said “make up should never be used to hide yourself but to enhance who you are” This may mean not to wear makeup, but little bits of makeup e.G eyebrows should be allowed to be worn to make us feel better as a person.

Over a half of under 14 year olds wear cosmetics every day. This shows that most people want to wear makeup to feel more confident on a daily basis. 90% of youth said they didn't like having to wear a uniform at school, which shows that this needs to change for us to be able to enjoy ur school life.

This could affect you all or might already be affecting you. We as a school need to stand up for our rights and what we think will make our school come out with better grades. Do you want to be part of the beginning?

For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. It’s not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

I agree, some girls wear WAY too much makeup, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear makeup.

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Self-confidence? Or Stupidity?

As a student who still studies, I see many girls waking up at least 4 in the morning just to fix their hair and makeup. I don't see the point in wearing makeup every single day to school when you are going to remove it when you get back home, then reapply it the next day. If you had to be honest, for those who wear makeup, how many have complained that they don't have any money left because they just bought the new "luxury makeup product". Or perhaps those who spend money on makeup, who's money are you actually using? Is it your parents or your own? If students weren't wearing makeup in the first place then maybe there won't even be this insecure feeling because then everyone would be the same. When we are born we are given the honour to have a natural beauty complex, but washing this away with harmful chemicals that are smothered across our face isn't good for us or even to industries. How can any child focus in lessons if all they're doing is checking if their fake eyelashes are still sticking on? Or if their lipstick isn't smothered anywhere?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools