Should girls be allowed to wear makeup to school?

• Yes They Should

Some girls may wear sooo much makeup but I mean if they want to look like cake faces then that's fine, it's their choice, but we should be allowed because to me it's a way of expressing ourselves in such a way it makes us feel confident, and yeah ?

• Of course, you can't force them not to.

Why shouldn't you? I agree, some girls wear WAY too much make up, but make up doesn't hurt anybody, and it's wrong to restrict a girls right to wear make up. I get provocative clothing. It's provocative. It's a distraction for boys, but makeup? That just makes a girl look pretty, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• How fascist are we getting here?

Whether or not girls wear makeup to school should be up to them and their parents. Makeup does not affect other students or disrupt classes, so there is no more reason to regulate it than how girls cut or style their hair.
    People in America really need to stop trying to regulate the behavior of others according to their own personal opinions.

• Why would someone say no?

Makeup will not effect a girl's learning at all. If her parents want to let her wear makeup to school, that's between the child and her parents. Next, will we not allow girls to wear lotion or perfume? I mean, some people might say girls wear makeup 'cause they want to look older or get a boy's attention...Maybe they want to wear makeup to add some embellishment and add confidence. Not because they want sex

• Why does anyone wear makeup? Because we dont feel confident enough. Thats why

Speaking for myself and classmates, a few of us wear makeup and teachers are targeting us and shaming us. In class they will call us to the front and make us take it off, this really ruins our self esteem and is embarrassing. For us girls with imperfect skin, we make ourselves presentable through wearing makeup (light, not caked on) and when we are made to take it all off, it makes us feel ugly and worthless and it seems like everyone is looking at you and thinking 'ew she had bad skin' . Wearing makeup is a way to boost confidence and feel good about yourselves inside. Its not a beauty contest...We simply want to feel pretty and like we are worth something. When girls feel ugly and worthless it can lead to more serious things like depression or anorexia.

• Think About It .

I personally don't wear makeup but my uncle always told me " You look good in school you do good in school " . Makeup is not hiding your natural beauty its enhancing it. Many people say look your best you never know who your gone see , so therefore you don't know who your gonna meet that day and first impressions are everything , right? The only reason anything should be band from school is because it distracts Other Students and I don't understand how makeup distracts anyone.

• Its ok to look beautiful.

Looking beautiful is always a girls ambition. Without makeup, girls feel ugly, unwanted, and sometimes bullied. Girls LOVE looking and feeling pretty. Confidence also plays a big role in all of this. It should be against the rules to except the way your face looks. Everyone wants to change something about themselves, and for some girls, makeup is the answer.

• Confidence Matters to girls

In this day and age it is essential that young girls can feel as confident as possible. Personally, I cannot stand my appearance without make up and its led me to some pretty extreme conditions mentally. I felt worthless near suicidal because of the way I looked and not being able to feel happy about the way I looked made my education slip.

• Makeup doesn't hurt anyone

I wear makeup to feel more confident and makeup does not distract me from my learning. It's nice to wear makeup to make feel a lot happier about myself and often girls get bullied for looking "ugly". I don't see the harm in wearing makeup, it doesn't hurt people, unlike bullying. Many girls can't concentrate when their minds are preoccupied with their appearances, and by letting them wear makeup, it should relax them and allow them to focus on what is important, their learning rather than their appearance.

• Yes you should be allowed

I would personally not attend school if i was refused to wear makeup i feel practically naked without it and not even my close friends get to see me with out it, everyone is there own person and has diffrent opinions but i strongly disagree with not wearing makeup mateeeee

• It's not beauty school.

Going to school is not about wearing makeup or the social scene, it's about learning and education. Wearing makeup was originally intended to attract men and that should not be a concern during school hours. It may make you feel confident but you shouldn't need makeup to fuel your self-esteem. Makeup masks true beauty.

• Its not Ms World People....ITS SCHOOL

We go to school to learn not do have a fashion contest. Girls wearing makeup make the other girls feel flawed and unworthy when they are actually not. Not everyone can afford makeup. Schools should be doing something about this as peoples focus is turning away from academics and more into this that should be kept adieu until they are adults. Its school not Ms World

• We are not an adults!

I'm a Korean, so there might be a spelling or grammar mistakes, so please consider it when you read this. First, in Korea, many shops selling beauty products to teenagers. In my school, many girls are wearing makeup such as lip tints, eye liners, foundations.... But its not good. You need to wear makeup when you become grownups, and you're skins will be messed up because you are wearing makeups right now. And, do you think you are an adult? Hey, if you wearing makeup now, that means you're crazy. Mostly, beauty products are not so cheap, so you have to collect money to by them. But you are a student! Don't you think you should spend more time in reading books and studying?

• Only if to cover up a disfigurement or deformity

Unless they have a legitimate medical reason(ie. Skin cancer, birth marks, burns) to us makeup, then it should be allowed, but I notice that The more makeup teens put on, the more sexual they get treated. School is for learning, not screwing. They wonder why both abortion and motherhood in teens is so high, well, the boys need to keep it in their pants and stop being so superficial and the girls have to stop trying to be 'cool,' and getting men to like them for what they are and not who they are.

• School is for learning, not a beauty pageant.

It is disgusting to know the fact that people are taking school as a beauty pageant. This degrades society even more; slowly towards a stage of decline.

If students want to put make-up, save it for home. Don't be a doll; be a learner. Don't be a make-up queen; be a learning queen!

• Fake up, not make up

Girls worry that they are not pretty enough so they go and slap tons of make up on their faces which does nothing to their look. No offense but wearing make up look awfull, it looks absolutly ridiculous. Also, they may not feel confident but what does make up do to make you more confident, nothing, your the same person inside and out. You don't need make up to look or feel better, because it does nothing

• They're still too young.

First physically. No matter how good the product is, wearing make up is still not our natural state. There will be damage. Let kids finish growing up before we let them damage their bodies in the name of beauty. Second, most of them is also too young mentally. Make up is often a prop for insecurity. If we let kids have props so early, how are they suppose to learn to be tough and face those exact insecurities? They won't always have props for a lot of future problems; learning how to have inner confidence is vital.

• We are NOT adults!

Makeup is better for special opportunities, or a dance night offered by the school district. More than half of the girls that I know in my school wear makeup. It annoys me. Plus, you don't need to wear makeup to look pretty! You also don't need tight pants, boots, or nail polish to look pretty either. No wonder guys think you were to look like such young floozies.

• Self-confidence? Or Stupidity?

As a student who still studies, I see many girls waking up at least 4 in the morning just to fix their hair and makeup. I don't see the point in wearing makeup every single day to school when you are going to remove it when you get back home, then reapply it the next day. If you had to be honest, for those who wear makeup, how many have complained that they don't have any money left because they just bought the new "luxury makeup product". Or perhaps those who spend money on makeup, who's money are you actually using? Is it your parents or your own? If students weren't wearing makeup in the first place then maybe there won't even be this insecure feeling because then everyone would be the same. When we are born we are given the honour to have a natural beauty complex, but washing this away with harmful chemicals that are smothered across our face isn't good for us or even to industries. How can any child focus in lessons if all they're doing is checking if their fake eyelashes are still sticking on? Or if their lipstick isn't smothered anywhere?

• School is not a fashion show!

I personally believe that there is no reason that girls should be allowed to wear makeup. School is about learning and is not a fashion show. If girls are being bullied because of how they look the school should deal with that problem separately . There is no excuse to bully someone.

C.brown says2018-02-28T07:50:06.250
I strongly agree that makeup should be banned in schools