Should Girls Be Judged And Reprimanded For What They Wear

Asked by: CoolColorOfPink
  • It's not that they should be judged, but that they will.

Everyone is judged by the image they project to others. Especially when making a fashion statement is intended, as this gives other's social clues as to who this person might be and what they are like. Clothes can give information about a person's class, interests, and even values. Judging is something everyone does in their mind, and not all judgments are bad.

• Everyone should dress appropriately according to circumstances and hence be reprimanded if they fail to do so, regardless of gender.

The wording of this very broad, but I assume it has something to do with the contemporary debates about whether women have the right to wear what they want.

My response is simple- everyone should be dressing appropriately, regardless of gender.

Appropriately for me is defined as suitable for the occasion and respectful of cultural and social norms and the rights/feelings of others. This doesn't mean I don't think women can wear short skirts in public- they can go nude for all I care, but not in certain public places such as schools. The same goes for men.

Hence, I think when one disrespects the space by dressing inappropriately then they should be reprimanded.

In terms of being 'judged', I don't really understand the problem here. People choose to dress in certain ways so that they can be judged (hopefully positively). Judge is a nature part of human nature- it's what keeps us out of danger, judging of anything is fine, but discrimination, prejudice and harassment that results of judgement is not okay.

• Its not fair for girls.

If you choose to wear a nice skirt and a tank top then go ahead, if it makes you feel happy then screw what others think of you. Its not needed and completely wrong!!! W S CD G G D HDGF CHF B H H H H H H H

• They shouldn't be reprimanded,

But they will be judged. How you present yourself gives people an impression whether you like it or not.
    It really depends on intention. When it's hot out and a girl is wearing shorts and a camisole that's normal. When she's wears impractical clothing that's clearly for sexual attention she will be judged as someone that can't be taken seriously and doesn't respect others.
    Thoughts arise in our minds based on what we're seeing and when a girl dresses indecently she has to know that others (the mail man, sisters husband, teacher, Grandpa ect.) have dirty thoughts even if they don't acknowledge that they are because it's natural. I really believe our indecency is connected to the divorce rate. They're homewreckers, I'm sorry.

• It's not your choice

The amount of times I have heard rapists say that it was the woman's fault because of the way she dressed is appalling and quite frankly needs to stop. How she dresses does not effect you of your life. Please note that I am believe that every gender should wear what they want to wear, regardless of male of female, but the way she dresses is not your choice and is not going too effect you in any way.

• No they should not be judged

Because it is their choice what they wear. If they want to wear something that flashes all skin or something that is all ugly that is their choice. They should respect others in what they wear but they don't have to change what they wear just because some prejudiced person is against it.

• Its not fair for girls.

• How can anyone justify reprimanding someone for what they wear?

It doesn't matter if you want to judge them, or disagree with their tastes. That doesn't equate to the right to reprimand people for dressing any way. Do people not know what a free society means? For anyone who thinks they should be allowed to reprimand someone for what they wear, I ask you, should a man be allowed to reprimand a woman for not having her face covered?