• Excuse you meh brah, but what did you just say?!

PLEASE tell me you did not just say "girls are too weak to play football" or, "girls can't play it's a GUYS sport" or even worse, "get lost pipsqueak, guys only. Don't wanna break a nail do we?" Don't MAKE me come over there! What on THE GOOD LORD'S GREEN EARTH MAKE YOU THINK THAT GIRLS CANNOT PLAY?! Mkay, I understand that guys get "beat up" on the field but, If a girl wants to play, BY GOD, Let her play! Girls are capable of doing anything men can do. Us women have a RIGHT to play, We are a lot stronger than you take us for. I mean jeez, when you told your girlfriend to "calm down" the other day, it took all her strength NOT to completely kill you! Now thats strength bro. Now I'm not saying that all girls can or have to play. If you are a girl who doesn't want to get hurt or dirty, or even touched at all, then don't play. You don't HAVE to play. If you are a girl who doesn't mind that, then by all means, if you wanna play, then PLAY!!! Girls, stand up to the guys, say "Uh, I'm GOING to play, try and stop me, and see what happens. Now who's the quarter back here?" and play on! I wouldn't be TOO cocky if this is your first or second or even third time playing. Make sure you know the rules and procedures before you go diving into a game you've never played with your nose stuck up in the air. That will absolutely get you screwed over. Just saying. I argue that girls CAN play and SHOULD play, it'd make the game more fun anyways :P

• Anyone Can Play Football

Yes, girls should be able to and can play football. As a matter of fact, they already do. There are many professional football leagues that already exist. There are also many girls that play football in their community. see no problem with it and I think it should be encouraged.

• Anyone who wants to play, and is capable, should play.

If a girl wants to play football, and has the skill set needed, she should be allowed to play. However, they can't expect any special treatment from the other players. If they want to play, they have to be ready to be tackled, knocked down, pushed around and generally beat up, just like the guys are.

• Anyone who wants to play should play.

If someone wants to play a game, why shouldn't they, barring some unusual circumstance? Football is just a game, no different than any other game, so it should be no different. Simply because it has been male dominated in the past does not mean that it should continue to be so. If a girl wants to play, let her play.

• Girls can do anything guys can do! ^-^

1. Girls are just as strong, if not stronger than boys. 2. Saying that girls are "to weak" or "to fragile" is unfair and sexist. 3. Why couldn't girls play it? I have to admit it's a dangerous sport but, its dangerous for a male too. Someone could get hurt either girl, OR boy. Us women have a RIGHT to play. 4. It's an over all fun sport! Why not have anyone and everyone play?

• Fair, fun, cool

Im a girl and i like football. I thinks it is cool and fun. Put girls in football. Put girls in football. Now................... . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• I think that football and other male sports should not be limited to males only.

I am a girl who loves to play football, basketball, soccer, and I like karate. My family and I like to go out in the snow in the winter months and play tackle football in the snow. In the summer months I like learning how play baseball. And at my school I play basket ball with the boys in my class.

• Girls should get equal rights.

Girls should play foot ball as they should get equal rights . Now in the preasent world there are many girls football team. And girls are playing in there communities too. Girls can play everything if they tries . It's not that like , we girls cannot play boys games like foot ball . Every girls have the right to play football .

• If they're ready

If girls are ready then it's fine. I am a girl but I love soccer. Today I took a survey of people who thought soccer is for anyone and I got around 70 people. 59 yes and 7 no! Girls can play if they're ready. My opinion might be a different one then yours.

• Football is for everyone

Personally, I feel like if girls want to play football and they know what they are getting themselves into, then they should be allowed/able to play. I personally tried out for my high school football team and was the best kicker who tried out. I was supported by the boys, but sadly not my parents. I feel like along with the players, girls who want to play football should also be supported by their parents. Even the coaches were excited to have a girl try out. Another thing, I talked with some of my adult friends and one of them who is a huge football fan told me that at his son's high school, one of the best kickers they had was a girl.

• Back Off, GIRLS!!!!

This is a boys sport. Should I say more? Girls are into hair, and makeup, and parties. They don't want to wrestle for the ball in a big bulky suit and generally get beat up. Girls aren't tough enough! There's a reason we call people "sissy girls" instead of "sissy boys".

• Boys have there own sports and Girl have there own! Lets leave it at that! :D

1. Girls have all different types of sports/activities that they are involved in that guys(straight,no hate) don't get involved in.
    2. I strongly believe that a girl should to be allowed to play football simple because of "sexual harassment" charges that can be filled if grabbing them wrong! Thank you!

• It's a boys sport

I believe that girls should have the right to play in football but they should have their own girls team. This may sound weird but where are the boys supposed to block them at because they have different body parts and the boys may not feel comfortable touching a girl. Also if a girl is smaller then the boy which is usually the case then he may be able to seriously injure someone.

• It may be fun but its rough

No I don't think it would be the best idea to let girls play football. Having a bunch of tough young men going against a bunch of small girls is mix for disaster. Lets face it that 80% of girls are smaller then guys. The main reason why I'm against it is because I don't want a bunch of nice girls getting hurt and ending up in the hospital with serious injuries, it's not that their not capable of playing football because they are it's just the consequences that could result with girls being a lot smaller then guys when playing football. I play for our high school varsity football team and I will tell you that it's rough, the coaches are brutal and you get injured constantly (i have broken my wrist five times, my thumb four times, and i have had six concussions).I'm just saying that if I ever tackled a girl and made her have to go to the hospital I would feel horrible. So that's my opinion on whether girls should be able to play footbal.L

• No reason girls should play

Okay I understand that some girls have the ability to play football,but some times it is accord for boys because when boys tackle each other they our taught to tackle any where but if a girl tackles a boy then it gets a little inappropriate .My dad coaches high school football and they do not allow girls but in little leagues they let them. Because in first grade it is kind of accord and I am surrounded by boys and even they think it is kind of weird

• Gender does not exist.

Gender does not exist. PERIOD. It is a lie that has been constantly propagated by the patriarchy. There are no differences between the genders WHATSOEVER. Boys can do everything girls can. They can give birth, have monthly periods, etc. Girls can do everything boys can. They can pee standing up, impregnate other women, etc. If anything, there should be more girls playing football than boys because they are obviously stronger and more physically apt for the game. And its not like football teams share a locker room or anything. Why is this even a question? I would say this is sexist but genders don't exist.

^Sarcasm

• Why cant guys play sports with girls but girls can play with guys

No, because in my school they let girls play football with guys, but when i asked can i play volleyball and they said no. In my opinion, i think this is on fair and sexiest or pejudice. So i strongly disagree because its on fair or they should just make a league for them!!

• Girls aren't Tough Enough

I play, and I am a girl. I have taken many many beatings, and its not for girls. It's for guys, and one or two girls who deserve it. Girls are to concerned about make-up, wimps shouldn't be allowed to mess it up for everyone else. And you know that's true.

• I can't believe I'm saying no..

I loved football as a young girl and I played, not on the team but with friends outside of school.
    I was given a chance to play by the coach but I turned it down.
    Boys need something that is just for them just as girls need the same.
    I have no problem with coed baseball or basketball but I do with more contact sports.
    Why can't girls have their own football team?
    Why do we women think we need to take over everything just because some stupid man thinks we should sit home and knit?
    The fact is that men and women are different.
    If man calls you weak, show him your're not. Do you really need to join the football team to prove it?

• May be fun and harmless now but...

What about when they reach the high school level? No boy is going to take it lightly when a girl pancakes him or takes his position. I do believe girls should be able to play but as the guy stated above, on different leagues. I strongly believe that a main reason why these girls have been so dominant in football because the boys have been taught since a young age to not hit girls, and. Playing football against one completely undermines that value that us men have been instilled with since birth. Subconsciously I think these boys are letting up on the gas a little because no boy wants to be known as the one that hurt the girl... However, like I mentioned before, this all changes once high school comes along. That's when one should really worry about the girls safety, not just because of the obvious physical superiority of the boys, but also because of a boys mindset during those years

Anonymous says2013-02-26T23:16:31.130
girls should be able to play football if they want to play they know to expect