Should girls sports have the same rules as boys sports?

Asked by: Bruinshockeyfan
  • Girls should be treated the same its called Equallty.

Girls can do as much as boys can and its really
    Rude to have boys rule all these sports like
    Football,baseball,wrestling, golf, and many
    More. Girls can play the same and sometimes
    Can play really good where they get scolorships for a sport that they are good at and then they can play on a big league

• Boycott Girls Lacrosse until the girls are allowed to play real lacrosse

In the world today it is ridiculous that there would be different rules for boys and girls. No contact allowed? If contact is integral to the game then it should be allowed. If there is a significant strength difference like upper body strength necessitating a smaller ball like basketball then so be it, but traveling is still traveling, a charge is still a charge, the rules are the same for boys and girls. Soccer is the exact same rules. Girls and boys play on the same field, use the same ball and goal. Physical contact is part of the game of soccer. Hard to imagine that a Euro Sport is more equal than a sport created in America.

• Definitely yes why wouldn't you

Girls are as physically fit as boys are. And they want to be able to be proud of them selves at the end of the game when they know that the rules were not being made easier for them. Also the Girls can't challenge themselves in those sports. It makes it unfair to the girls that are just as good as the Boys and want the same rules as them.

• Um, yes why not?

I think they should because well the time right know is were girls feel bad about themselves and they think they aren't good enough and that really puts a girl down. Also girls are as much phyicialy fit as boys are and they deserve better than what they are getting treated right know. This isn't far at all to girls all around the world.

• I think yes

Because all the boys say how they were able to play really rough and the girl really want to be able to say that their games were really hard to. So I think that it makes them feel better and it will give them a tough challenge and it would make it feel like they were not having people go easy on them.

• Girls sports should have the same rules.

Some girls think that they aren't good enough because the rules are different and then they feel that they shouldn't play sports and then the stop playing the sport and feel bad about themselves. Then they will not join any other teams because the think that they will be put down again.

• I think yes.

Now that boys and girls sports are apart, some girls feel that they aren't as strong as boys are. They feel they aren't as good as they thought they could be. Some girls quit because the think they aren't good enough. My claim is that girls and boys could play on the same team, or they could be equal.

• Girls should have the same rules as guys lacrosse.

Some girl don't like to be treated differently then the boys when they play sports. I play girls lacrosse and since I also have a guys lacrosse stick at home, I feel that the guys lacrosse stick is better than the girls lacrosse stick because I cant run farther and if I throw the ball, it can even go about 110 miles per hour.

• They should have the same rules

Because girls can do any thing boys can do, it would just be stupid if they changed the rules because some guys who think they are the best say so. Girls are strong, girls are best kind . Any girl can be as good as a boy if you just work at it

• Girls Sports are way different and 'safer'

In sports the girls rules are much more safe, but boys get to be more violent. The violence in the rules shouldn't be based off of your gender but your age division. If girls and bous had the same rules as boys, there wouldn't be to much trouble in refing the games such as learning two different sets of rules.

• No, they should be similar but with various adjustments.

Let's start out with basketball. If we increased the size of the basketball and pushed the three point line back to be at the same place as mens basketball, there would be less scoring and the game would be less enjoyable to watch. I am not arguing that girls are worse athletes, but they are typically smaller than men, so rules should be adjusted to make the game proportionally the same. Furthermore, differences in rules have made sports like lacrosse different for girls and boys. Both are enjoyable, but both have different rules.