• If God isn't in our politics...

Then who will represent the Christians? It's as simple as that. Without God being in politics, then a rather large portion of our nation will be simply left out in the debates! Since approximately 3/4 of our population believes in a God of some kind, I would shudder to see an atheist/agnostic as president. If such a thing is to happen, then we would have the makings of communism at its beginnings. While I understand that there are "good" atheists out there, we can not allow a president that primarily represents the minority. A pres. Who doesn't believe in God will follow more liberal pursuits, meaning they will also be more likely to veto conservative laws. He/She would become, in essence, an enemy of the nation and its people. This would negate their position and cause our "democracy" to fall into something much worse.

Posted by: YFNG
  • Wait a sec.

I'm not sure that Democrats get the fact that the word "Democracy" is also not in the Constitution. Aren't they also the ones calling the Constitution outdated whenever the second amendment is brought up? Or whenever someone speaks out against them in the name of the First Amendment? Ah, hypocrisy.

• Yes God should be allowed.

This is where I part ways with some people in our thinking because I believe God should be part of our governing. For those who say that we need to leave God out of politics and government I say it is time that we put God back into our politics and government. As a Christian I believe that the Bible offers us ultimate, objective, and absolute truth, as opposed to relative "truth," peoples own reasoning abilities and whatever they can produce that fits their situation.

These are exceedingly troubled times for America and what we need during times like this is men of God with strong personal godly convictions, leaders who lead from Biblical conviction rather than preferences. Preferences are based on what we and others think or feel and can lead us and others into compromising what is right. In our world today where people are being encouraged to "Just do it," and "Do whatever feels right", self-control and personal discipline seem to be outdated and the wrong thing to have.

Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked men rule, the people mourn and are distressed. Proverbs 28:15 A wicked ruler is as dangerous to the poor as a roaring lion or an attacking bear.

Today some the greatest agents of oppression in the world are secular humanist and authoritarian governments. I also believe an effective way of liberating people is by sharing the Gospel message and influencing our government to pass laws that can help set people free and to help people prosper rather than take advantage of people?

Founding Father and educator Noah Webster (1758-1843) had this to say: "The moral principles and precepts contained in the scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws. All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible."

We, as Christians, need to be represented in government. Here are some simple ways of Christians getting involved in the process.
    1. Christians need to pray every day for America and its leaders.
    2. We need to register to vote.
    3. We need to be informed regarding where the various parties stand on moral/Biblical issues.
    4. We need to select, elect and actively support godly men and women, who are prepared to stand for public office.
    5. We need to vote on every Election Day – whether municipal or national.

• Separation of church and state

While you can bring christian morals into law if it is of the public opinion. We have seen how religious law can do more harm than good. Churches role in Americia is to improve our community teach our children the word and give them a good head so they make right choices as they get older. The Government should be protecting the church to have the freedom to do so. As well as protecting our nation. Everyone has a right to their beliefs none (including athiesim should be forced onto others.)

• Planned Parenthood Debacle

We might have a government shutdown because of this crap. Religious republicans decide abortion should be illegal, but now the budget can't be decided. Separation of Church and state has been forgotten. Why is Under God in the pledge? Why is In God We Trust on the money? All of this is causing coercive forces and making atheist second class citizens. These injustices must end.

• As a christian...

I believe that pulling god into our petty arguments and stupid congressional wars is stupid if our country certainly does "in god we trust" then why does everyone argue over religious maters and have unnessisary wars in gods name when we could solve all of this by simply praying and accually trusting in god.

• Who's God(s)? Choosing one discriminates against others.

While the majority and first prejudice is to assume Christianity, when someone ask these questions about teaching religion/creationism, and putting God in politics, I always ask who's religion/God(s)?

I think that these situations in fact beg the question, who's religion do we incorporate? What about the non Abraham religions (Scientology, Mormonism, Voodoo)? Should they be discounted because are not as popular: are we not just then confining to the largest noise and discriminating against the minority?

It is in that case that I would disagree with putting religion in any situations of politics, social justice, or education, unless you found a way to incorporate all religious practices. To give value over another religion more than someone else's would be unjust, and probably a violation of the constitution (I have not looked).

Personally, I do not want my social future decided by concepts and literature that is static and less open minded than pure politics and social justice.

• This is a secular country.

I do not deny the fact that Atheism is a minority, and I can respect a president if he does the right things, despite his theology. I don't think we should let conservative laws based solely on biblical principle, but on common sense and research. -Agnostic Atheist. . . .

Bragxnxall says2015-06-25T19:15:18.517
I'd like all Christians to stop insinuating that Atheists are pro-communism.