Should Google and other tech companies be allowed to share information about government surveillance programs with the public?

• The fact that the government is "peeking" at our data shouldn't surprise anyone.

Companies should be able to share the fact that our data is not being kept private. They should not be able to share "how" it's being done. In today's digital society our right to privacy is not what it used to be. If you put it on the internet you should expect that it is public domain. Emails and communications should be treated as the US mail is treated. The ease of access to third parties has made it a target for privacy concerns.

• When Freedom Isn't Protected by the Govt...

Tech companies absolutely have a moral obligation to make the people aware of unconstitutional surveillance. There should be no subversive actions by the government which could (and do) violate the liberties and rights of the nation's citizens. Liberty comes before all else on the scale of importance for the government's involvement. If the government itself won't uphold the rights of its citizens, the tech companies have a responsibility to do it- really, ANY American aware of the situation has this responsibility.

• They should not be able to look

I believe that even though if you are putting something online it may go to someone else it may be intercepted but google and other companies shouldn't be able to just into our accounts and send personal information to the government without our consent. We have a right to privacy, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be careful about that we put out on the internet.

• Never should they

No,I believe that Google and other tech companies must not be allowed to share government surveillance programs with the public as it these information are of national importance and encroachment into such programs may lead to the danger of their exploitation theses information reaches in wrong hands then the accomplishment of the job may not be possible.

Quan says2013-06-20T17:06:28.977
I haven't been keeping up with this topic but, if I'm understanding it correctly, I'd say yes. American citizens absolutely have a right to know what personal information was accessed, when it was accessed, why it was accessed, and how it was used.