• Yes, Google should!

If someone asks me "Why do you hate porn?" then I will ask him back to show me photos of his mother, sister or anyone he loves IN THE NUDE, or just wearing bras. No, let's make it COMPLETELY NUDE. I will then spread the photo to the world and put a watermark "ENJOY!" on it. How do you like that?

• Google should totally block porno sites

Google should block this as soon as possible because there are people of all ages who use google. People at school children as young as 5 years old are using the internet already for games and then commercials of naked people coming out . Are you serious people should really make use of there minds and stop being stupid. Sorry for my language but seriously wow.

• Porn should be banned

Google should banned all porn websites, because our child are learning the worst things out of these. Though porn satisfies physical need but it should be banned for the sake of our children or porn websites should ask for at least 1 dollars for watching any porn movies, through credit card. And this could be a way of stoping children from watching bad movies as they do not have credit card.
    I agree that porn should be banned because being a surgeon I have saw many people suffering from disease due to masterbutation.
    After seeing these types of movies our children masterbutes and as result they are losing important mineral and proteins form their body. This often leads to sickness.

• I'm against google and other bad pages..

I hate internet especially google. They want to wash our brains by showing us illegal pictures and videos, not science! We know that science is the basic thing for religion and religion is vs. Illegal sex. So why has google been proud of itself by allowing bad websites to have access?!

• Google should ban hardcore, not softcore.

My guess is that Google will do it sooner or later. Current increase in sexual agression and society violence is clearly correlated with watching porn as stats start to show. Platforms and associations as nofap are having more and more adepts every day. Porn affects our brain and then society. Actually Internet and the services offered there are new in human era, we are still trying to figure out how this affects us in all ways, so I believe in 10 years we could have a definitive answer to know if porn is good or bad for society. My bet goes that it makes us worse.

• Porn destroyed my life

Porn destroyed my life cause I am now spending time watching it more than I care about my family and my self . I hated being a part of a fake world with professional actors who makes me believe that this is the real perfect life but when you face the real world the reality is so much different .

• Stop providing porn.

Block internet porn and porn music also known as rap. When a drug addict uses drugs you do not concentrate on them you get the suppliers the ones that provide this stuff to hundreds. It is best to use self control; but I hear you use some drugs once then you crave it for a long time. When you want to tear down a house you work from the top down. To keep a river from flowing you have to dam it up; but how do you dam a tidal wave.

• SafeSearch doesn't work/filters don't work

This is not just about protecting my children. I myself do not want to see porn and do not choose to have it in my house. It is NOT my responsibility to block porn from being beamed into my house. I feel I do not have a choice about having the internet at home. My children are being taught on laptops at school. They are being sent home with lists of educational websites. More and more daily tasks are being done online. I have tried to set up filters but they do not seem to work. I believed I had a filter on but still porn managed to appear on my screen. That does happen and anyone that says it doesn't is a fool. I had Safe Search enabled and still porn popped up yesterday! People that blame the parents for their children accidentally seeing porn make me really angry. Porn makers have put this rubbish on there and then blame me for it! If a paedophile broke into my house and raped my child would that be my fault too? Adults that want porn should have to subscribe/unlock it with codes/go and buy it from a sex shop. It should not be beamed into everybody's homes via a device that people will one day have to have in their home by necessity. Beaming porn into my house takes away my choice, invades my space and is another form of sexual harrassment.

• So are heading from making love to our lover to having sex virtually!

This porn industry is a widespread all over the world and demand of porn is very high in the market because people believe it to be their physical need. Before the advent of technology, people only thought to make love with humans, now they have sex with machines! Very drastic change, thanks to the renowned drug industry, another related industry taking undue advantage here. The people who are shown in the movie are literally on drugs and naked while movie is made. Imagine yourself in such a situation! NOBODY WILLINGLY agrees to this torture. Moreover, after it is shot, the images are altered graphically (as well as auditory editing) to such an extent that it creates an unrealistic expectation regarding sex in young people, as well as, it is a most important reason of sex addiction in people of ANY age. So, it is harming both actors as well as viewers and before we realize the porn maker is off with his profit... (yes, people don't buy porn, but still these "makers" earn a bouty - and all the money is black, so the Gross National Income is also affected)... So I think, one should make LOVE and not PORN...(and if you are watching for guidance, refer Kamasutra..)

• Like the world needs porn!

Porn is destructive and immoral. It should be banned entirely, as it goes against God's word and just drains oneself of dignity and self-respect. It can destroy relationships and can scar a child emotionally and mentally if children managed to obtain any from Google. Google should block porn websites in order to protect the children's welfare.

• Sexual stimulation is a human need.

Nobody can block internet porn as porn serves the purpose of human stimulation which is a physical need of every human being. Just because someone said that porn must be blocked, that doesn't mean that he has the right to do so. It is anti-consitutional and terrorist politics. There is gotta be some other way protecting our children.

• Google's existing options protect children; blocking porn entirely protects no one

Google already had a range of settings so schools and parents could ensure porn did not appear in their children's search results. Everyone claiming to be concerned for the children is very misguided. Blocking porn sites entirely does not protect anyone, and harms legal entertainment just because some people consider it morally objectionable. It is not Google's job to be the morality police. What if enough people find homosexuality objectionable: should Google start censoring all references to it? How about interracial marriage? No - keep the existing flexible settings and everyone can end up with the system that works for them.

• It's a search engine

Search engines are designed to provide relevant results to a search. Censoring the search in any way reduces the merit of the results. If an individual wants porn, then it isn't Google's job to tell them no. The individual in question is going to find the porn anyway, so it's fiscally irresponsible to sacrifice market dominance to pander to a few sheltered fanatics.

• Only child porn.

I think that google shouldn't block all porn, only porn where children are being exploited. Make the child porn industry less profitable, and it will come crumbling to the ground. However, adult, legal porn should not be blocked. It is not googles responsibility to protect the children viewing the content, it is the parents responsibility to moderate the content.

• It is not Google's responsibility

If you didn't know, there's Safe Search, which limits the search results.

Also, It is not Google's job to limit search results. Their job is to provide relevant results for what was searched for. This means that everyone can use it. 'Protecting the Children' is NOT a valid argument because more than just children use Google.

If you really are this concerned, set up a DNS blocker that blocks all URLs referencing porn! Stop being lazy and do something for yourself!

• 'Protecting the children' is not a valid argument

OK, my opponents cite the fact that we need to do this to protect children from material they allegedly shouldn't see. But the fact is that Google already provides a means of access to equally damaging material such as pro-anorexia, pro-suicide and pro-terrorism sites. I'm in no way defending the existence of these websites but the fact remains that there is no precedent for this sort of censorship from Google, indeed many of these sites are far more harmful than pornography (if parents want to stop children reaching porn they should just enable a blocking software, as opposed to Google banning outright). And secondly, the Internet is for the world, not just the children. If other people want to watch pornography and need Google to find it, why should they have their abilities compromised by some panicky parents who don't know how to enable SafeSearch?

• Parental privacy settings

If parents where truly concerened over what their children could be exposed to whilst on the Internet they could set up the viewing parameters on the computer settings or not get the technology capable of seeing any graphic/vulgar/sexual content in the first place. Instead of them buyin it, not making optimal for child use, and then having something happen and shift the blame onto everyone but themselves. Then it's just not a few people who suffer but the masses just because of a few lazy irresponsible people.

• No it shouldn't

Porn is not Illegal, So why should google block something that is completely legal? Some people may not agree with porn, as is there right, but that doesn't mean that it's inherently wrong or is something to be ashamed of. Is someone wants to partake in porn, as long as it is legal porn, that is there right and their businesses.

• Freedom of Choice...

I am of age, so I object to any blocking of the internet to a legal adult should not be considered. To anyone not of legal age or in the military, I would be open to listen to ways to curtail their access to such adult materials via the internet.

• Stupidest idea ever

First off schools and some businesses block the content with firewalls and other programs. Secondly it isn't Googles responsibility cause they are a search engine they continue control what is searched for. Thirdly people need to quit being butthurt in this country in just 2 years I've seen the US to tolerating most stuff to oh look the rebel flag needs to be removed cause it supported slavery when in fact it didnt. Do some research before making absurd accusations