• Having a class for government would make students more aware of the world around them.

This means, if Government is taught in school, pupils will have much improved knowledge of what is happening in the world surrounding them, how it affects them in real life and how they can affect it. It could also help them improve in other subjects. Understanding government is a vital skill for younger people to learn, so it adds to preparation for life once older. It is, overall, a very good idea.

• Well of Course!

Marcus Garvey once stated that "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots."
    People must have a basic understanding of the government they follow otherwise then they are completely misrepresented. Not to mention that without such education people would be vulnerable to media pulling their opinion on issues they do not understand.

• I learned a lot.

If there is one thing that has really changed my views on the American government, that one thing would be the process of legislation. Up until my senior year of high school, I was with everyone else in saying how Congress really needs to hurry up with the bills, and get things done, but after learning about how slow the process is, I don't really complain about them anymore.

• Americans need a better knowledge of their "beloved" country and its government.

America is thought to have one of the most complex governments in the world. The issue at hand is that the American people aren't very well informed about their "beloved" country. You see, so many things on social media sites (Pinterest) have things about people and their love of America, yet they are unable to name the Majority Whip in the House of Representatives. If a government class was seen as important as English or Math, then this wouldn't be an issue. Installing the knowledge of government into children at an early age would aid this, and maybe spark a greater knowledge in politics, and decrease the number of no-issue content voters.