Should government be involved in the lives of the people?

• Dgg dgd dgdg

Yes. The people ARE the government. I have never understood the anti-government sentiment that exists in some democratic nations. The government is composed of people who have been elected to make changes that benefit society and maintain order. As long as basic rights are ensured (which is done through the court system, a government entity anyway), then the government is and should be a
    No, no, hell no. Freedom is lost in the land of the free. One should be free to be an idiot when it comes to personal matters. I'm not saying to be free to hurt others but if your decisions effect only you and tgis over-reaching big brother government says "for your safety you are not allowed to make these choices because we know what best for you, not you" you

• Dgg dgd dgdg

• Dgg dgd dgdg

• Yes gov should not

• Yes gov should not

• Yes gov should not

• Yes gov should not

• We need government

We need them because if u don't want to go back to the depression time period. We need government to help us get though our day! Think about one thing today that doesn't involve government. Literally about everything u do involves government. I doubt u will survive even a week without being in touch with the the government.

• Yhy gf fg

The government is doing this for the good of the people. Although in some cases the government should not be involved is things such as what you do in your bedroom etc, however things like wearing a seatbelt, stopping at the stoplights at traffic junctions etc, these are for the safety of the people. And these are also ways the government is involved. Without the laws and regulations there would be no rules, reckless human beings would rule the world and idiots would not go to jail for doing reckless things and thus spreading recklessness and stupidity around. Without the government the whole state would be more of a mess than it already is. Every action the government does has a reason behind it whether you like it or not.
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    Yes the government is for the people In a democracy the government is elected by the people for the people. So yes the government needs to be involved in people's lives to best serve them. They should not invade people's privacy or cross a line, but involvement in every day activities including the highways and schools is important.
    Report Post
    Like Reply10
    For the People, By the People, Of the People A democracy/republic form of government demands that ordinary citizens rise to be elected officials. Otherwise, the government is an aristocracy or monarchy. The government is involved in everyone's lives on a daily basis--the FDA approves what foods we eat and drugs we take. The government provides airport security. The government helps run mass transit systems. The government prints money. The government will always be a part of our lives no matter what.
    Posted by: williambrowning Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge10

• Yhy gf fg

Report Post
    Like Reply00
    Report Post
    Like Reply10
    Posted by: williambrowning Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge10

• The Government is Ridiculous

The government is telling us to wear seatbelts, not to text and drive, talk and drive, smoke around children. It's ridiculous! These are your own freedoms! You can't be forcing every single person to wear a seatbelt. To many people would be in jail! It's absolutely ridiculous and the government needs to let up on our laws. It's stupid to be honest.

• Self-responsibility is true human nature.

It is not in the government power to say how we should live our lives. We pay taxes to support basic commodities; Transit; Water; Electricity; etc. However, it should be no more than that. As for food I believe people should grow their own hunt their own and buy their own. This business of mass producing has completely destroyed humans. Laws are suppose to be passed to regulate government, NOT it's citizens. That is where it's all going wrong. Our elected "officials" continuously pass legislations that harm the people and gives them more power. Have some self-responsibility.

• No!

A democratic government is a government that serves the people, not to be served by the people. And when the government becomes involved with the lives of people is it when it erodes our liberties into a big mess of regulation, i.e. telling us what to eat, where to go, what to buy, that is when we slip into a totalitarian nightmare with the label of a democracy to keep it smelling sweet.

• No to Big Brother

No, the government should not be involved in the lives of the people. The government has no business being involved in the lives of law abiding citizens who are committing no crimes. The only time the government should involve itself with people’s lives is if crimes are being or have been committed. Anyone committing a crime has pretty much given up their right to any kind of privacy, as is only right. But for those who are living their lives and following the laws of the land, the government has no business in their private, personal lives.

• The Governments Responsibility is to maintain order and ensure safety

The government provides many important things such as order, ways to settle disagreements , and protect its people from a foreign threat. The government should only be doing these things as well as taxing and that is it. It should be this way so we do not get to the point where the government rules every aspect of our lives. I do not see how any person wants a government that would invade their life as this was the case in many governments western society now frowns upon. In the Feudal society of Europe for example a lord told you who you were gonna marry and where you were going to live your life. This is what will happen if government intrudes farther into our lives. Even worse we could get an Orwellian society where every movement, every twitch, is monitored by some person who makes sure we do not step out of the lines drawn for us. When we say government get involved in our lives we mean every aspect including personal matters. So I apologize but if the government believes I shouldn't have a gun because its for my own good then what stops any man from walking into my house and robbing me a law abiding citizen with his illegally obtained firearm? I cannot stress enough that the government is run by imperfect people which means not everything they do to us is perfect and for our own good. No government should have enough power to exercise over its people that the people become so dependent that they hang on to every word politicians say. After President Roosevelt enacted the New Deal people became so dependent on the president that if anything goes wrong and it can be related to politics it is automatically the president's fault. Take for example Katrina after this tragedy occurred the government was slow in response and while the citizens waited the did not even attempt to help themselves. The government is not a deity and therefore it cannot act in such a way befitting a deity and in that way the government should only provide the three things I stated above.

• No more than the basics!

I agree that there needs to be some government in order to have a functioning society, but i dont think they need to get more and more involved as time goes on. Like, education for example. There are so many standardized tests now and the textbooks come from the same place. Controlling what the kids learn sure does sound a lot like communism to me. How can I go to school and know that what I'm being taught is the truth when there are no others sides of the story for me to compare to? But i think we need a government to execute certain laws. We can't just let everyone run around committing crimes all the time. And with welfare, either stop giving people free money, or at least have drug testing. People are going to be a lot more motivated to get a job when they have no income than they would if the government is providing everything for them. Last year my mom would have received more money on welfare than she did from working. That is messed up and something needs to change.

• No, no, hell no.

Freedom is lost in the land of the free. One should be free to be an idiot when it comes to personal matters. I'm not saying to be free to hurt others but if your decisions effect only you and tgis over-reaching big brother government says "for your safety you are not allowed to make these choices because we know what best for you, not you" you are a slave not a free man.

• Not at all!

We have the capability to be self sufficient, and if we have no reason to work (i.E: getting money), no one will work! Then we have socialism, communism, etcetera. Then, the people who do work carry those who can't (which is fine) and who won't (which isn't). In short, the more the government gets involved, the more freedom it's working citizens relinquish.

• Not at all!

• Not at all!

America was never meant to be a totalitarian society. Those who vote to give the government more power are asking for a totalitarian society. Some may wonder why the Libertarian Party ever came into existence. Personally I am not a Libertarian but I do know at least one in my area.