Should government control how many children a family can have based on income?

• You may not like it, but that means nothing. The facts are all that matter. And the fact is we are grossly over-populated.

As a species we are at least 10,000 times more common than we should be in order to live sustain-ably. This is the greatest threat facing mankind and it is the root of all of our environment/resource problems and even some of our social problems. Climate-change is caused by over-populations, as is resource depletion. People may not like it (as is evident by the 78% saying no to this), but thankfully it doesn't matter if you like it or not. It's a fact- there are too many of us. And people aren't smart or responsible enough to control their own numbers. So the government must step in. It sucks, but that's life.

• We are becoming over populated as a planet.

Having children is hard work and can be expensive. Having lots of money doesn't necessarily mean that children are going to be better off. Poor choices can still be made and often higher incomes mean working longer, away from family. That said, what distinguishes the biological parent from the psychological parent is a willingness and desire to take responsibility when raising a child and not expecting others to do it for you. A village to raise a child? Yes. With parents operating in the best interests of their children-at the centre.

• I say no because families should have all the children they want.

No because there are people killing kids who inocent. I think that goverment are wrong on saying they have the right to kill every family
    that has a third child. Families should decide weather or not to have three childs and more. The goveners don't know how it feels like to loose a child they really love.

• Without a doubt

I see people not 'wanting' children but an extra income without working for it. Stop paying the poor to stay poor by having kids. The system is setup to cause the poor to stay poor and create the next generation of poor. If you cannot afford to have kids then you should not have them. People should be responsible for themselves. If people were taxed per child then you would see an instant decrees among the poor breeders.

• A Balance Population

Yes-If families were financially able to have children, then they would be allowed to have up to 5. Middle Income families 2- approval to have more. Low Income families- Limited to One child- approval to have more based on change in income to provide for the family. This would minimize the strain on our society for assistance programs.

• If you can't support them you should not have them

Why should I as a taxpayer feed your children? What kind of prospects for a life will these children have? Most likely they will grow up knowing one thing very well - I need do nothing, everyone else owes me. As long as the government (taxpayers) is going to support these people! It should have a say in how many children a person can have! Based on income, maybe none. If you want to continue having children you cannot afford, then totally eliminate government handouts, section 8, school breakfasts, lunches, food stamps, and the list goes on. Let the bleeding hearts use their money, not mine. By the way, I believe in a graduated school tax, depending on the number of children.

• We need to address this issue somehow

First and foremost, I want to acknowledge that I do not believe the government should have such control in the citizen’s lives. This type of control violates a much cherished personal freedom in starting a family and passing your genes on to your offspring. However, based on pressing global circumstances such growing world population (hence food supply and living space), number families relying on welfare and the cost of providing a public education this issue will eventually need to be addressed by the government. The reality is that some citizens of this country (and others too) do not have sound judgment that guides their decision to have the appropriate number of children based on their income, so they resort to milking the taxpayer’s money to feed their children. Why should the tax payers absorb the burden of irresponsible and/or irrational people? Trust me when I say if our world had infinite resources, then it would be okay for people to have as many kids as they want without any governments input. Bottom line, the world cannot afford so many people.

• First off, we are a free people...

It is not the U.S government's job to conduct laws or regulations on population control. America is not over populated or at risk of becoming so, seeing as abortion and contraception have played every heavy hands in actually dropping birth rates severely.

Also there is simply no way that america could over populate unless we all learn how to stop dying. On top of that the world is HUGE! Everyone on earth could stand on the state of Road Island at the same time with room to spare!

And is you really feel you can't take care of your kids, wait till you can. That doesn't mean other people can't or shouldn't.

• First off, we are a free people...

• I say no

The reason why I say no is because the government should not decide how many baby's you can have. I say that because a family can have based income even if they had three children ,But it wouldn't hatter if you have a lot of baby's because it was the moms that wanted to have baby's not the government that wanted to have children. I think the government be braking the laws to because they probable have a lot of kids to but no body knows about.So that is why I think people can have how many kids they can.

• I say no

The government should not control how many children a family because if we have that law children will have less fun in the house and what would happen child. I think that would every body should get how much children they want. My family have 4 children. What would happen to them. That is what i think

• That would be heat breaking

Wouldn't u hate to only have 1 sister or brother maybe 2. I would hate that. I believe that grown ups can have as many kids as they want. I heard its a free country, so shouldn't grown ups be free. Kids would have more friends to play with and kids might even make fun of someone saying that someone was a over the law. Kids should have not being worried about anything

• I say no

I think the people should say how many children we can have not the government.I think the government shouldn't control us anymore . I say we need to say what we want in order to get it so if you want more than 2 or 3 children speak up. What do you want for your kids.

• Its not fair!

The government should not control how many kids should we have because what if the parents want to have 4 or 6 children but they cant because of the government and we should have the freedom to have as many kids as we want, its really not fair to just have a limited amount of kids we can get, so that's my opinion!!

• I think the government should not control the population.

I think that the government should not control how much how much children a family can have because that's unfair and if you read the book Among the Hidden you would understand how it would feel, and families are meant to be happy, it would be boring to have one child, especially for the kid because they need someone around they're age to talk to.

• Who would want that?

I wouldn't want my children to be limited. I think its wrong to do that because what if you love your child? If you agree with me please comment below. Besides want if its your dream to have more than two children. It would not be fair. You need a good reason to pass that law!

• Its not fair

It will be wrong if the government did that .DO YOU NOW HOW HARD THAT WILL BE FOR PARENTS.Harts will be broken and lives will be at stake.The government should not choose if we can have a lot of children or not.READ ''AMONG THE HIDDEN.''you will understand the life of badness.