• It needs to be funded

We need to fund this because stem cell research could potentially cure cancer. I say it's perfectly fine to sacrifice a few embryos for a more advanced medical science. Also, the mother and father of embronic stem cell research have a choice on whether or not to contribute to science.

• It Does No Direct Harm

The government should fund stem cell research for many reasons including the potential it has to saving many lives, some people believe that stem cell research is done on aborted babies while in truth the stem cells that are being researched are left over and unused embryos from in vetro fertilization, these embryos would be thrown away or frozen indefinitely if not used for stem cell research.

• Yes We Should

For the person who so eloquently stated that 87 cures have been found from adult cells, this is because most don't argue against taking something to possibly save another life(s). There have been bans previously for the research of embryonic stem cells; a set back in the least. The cells derived from embryos are called cell lines, these are pure stem cells that have the most potential because they have not been 'given' a purpose so they will divide 'with out a limit'. These cell hold the most promise for the major diseases and cancers. Other arguments have been said that you are taking a human life, well, this life that the have been 'given' was for stem cell research, you're not taking the cells from babies in their momma's belly. These cell have been fertilized in labs for one purpose, research. Why not fund something that will cure the popular and serve diseases?

• Yes we should

Funding stem cell research could lead to cures to so many diseases that right now are incurable. People with Alzheimer's just sit and play a waiting game with death. How is it fair to them to not try and find a cure? Using stem cells could really benefit people today.

• Yes the government should support stem cell research

Government should generously fund stem cell research because it will lead to the to the advancement of medical science for humankind. It seems that the only real opposition to stem cell research comes from the "moral majority." However, time has shown that the advancement of science will eventually overtake any amount of opposition from the moral majority.

• Yes, why not?

There is no ethical argument to actually be had about this issue. The United States has bombed and "accidentally" killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, woman, and children. Why is it such a bad thing for a mother to have her child die to help and cure disease? Is it because they are American? If this field of research actually had some support and funding then maybe a cure will actually come out it. Cures are still hard to synthesize, but we can use the regenerative aspect. And we should utilize the aspect we have, I would love for a cure to come out of this, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

• Yes, why not?

• Explore stem cell research

We know that stem cells can accomplish some wonderful things, but we don't fully understand all of them. George W Bush really helped making that stall out and put us behind the technology, we need to embrace science and get back to researching the unknown additional benefits of stem cell usage.

• The potential to improve international medicine

As a senior biology student, I have come to understand the importance of stem cells. The United States has the opportunity at this time to change international medicine forever. Stem cells show the potential to improve medicine by allowing scientists to study human development, as well as providing an alternative to those who need cell transplants. This is our opportunity to help those who need and want it most. Why would the government not take this opportunity to do so?

• Yes

Absolutely, stem cell research holds untold possibilities for medicine. The government should be funding more scientific endeavors, there are much much worse ways to spend taxpayers' money. However it is morally wrong to conduct embryonic stem cell research.Luckily there are just as effective alternatives to destroying a fertilized embryo, such as adult stem cells and perhaps even more versatile multipotent adult progenitor cells.

Posted by: Jhon
  • Don't be a baby killer

Everyone who thinks that the government should fund stem cell research is a baby kill. Don't kill babies get Direct TV. Tbh tho dont kill babies. Would you rather have more babies (you kno those super cute things that are litterly mini versions of its dad and mom) or would you like your very old grandpa with a broken back or something to be able to walk again. It sounds mean but its the truth. If you hate babies fund stem cell research if not dont. *drops mic*

baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers baby killers*drops mic again*

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its not fair

I think its unfair to kill a new born life . If the baby's gonna die then use the embryonic stem cell but if its gonna live a healthy life then leave it . Try and use adults stem cells and see if it works but if it doesn't then use embryonic stem cell if the baby isnt going to make it .

• A nation already in dept.

Our nation is already over 19 trillion dollars in the hole and that don't include state or local debt, so called agencies debt, or so called unfunded liabilities entitlement programs like social security and medicare. If tax payer are responsible to fund stem cell research we will only fall further into debt. Our economy is in rough shape, and the american people have a hard enough time paying taxes as it is. We need to start focusing on lowering the nations debt and start working on the nations infrastructure. Put more money into our children's education so that the future can be brighter. Doing so will create more jobs and employers will be able offer better competitive wages. I'm not fully against stem cell research. I believe there are other ways for scientist to gain funding for their research. There are private organizations and individuals that have great interest and the ability to fund such programs. It would only be another "tax deduction" for the rich and wealthy and the little guy wouldn't be affected.

• No NO NOOOOO

Everyone who said yes is a baby killer
    baby killer baby killer baby killer baby killer baby killer baby kille rbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killerbaby killer

• Not at all

In order to obtain stem cells, scientists must destroy a human embryo and that isn't fair to the mother and father of that soon to be human being.
    It is causing the death of an unborn child depriving this embryo of life a basic human right. Also, if the women ever gets pregnant again the entire pregnancy will be irregular.
    Currently there are no cures found for any diseases or illnesses by the experimentation on stem cells from embryo's but through experimentation on adult cells seventy eight cures have been found, with such statistics I believe that the government shouldn't fund stem cell research as the cost of experimentation on embryonic stem cells currently far outweighs the money spent experimenting on adult cells
    Government funding would be a waste of money as a larger proportion of the funded money will be spent on experimentation that has yet to provide any breakthroughs.

• Umm... How 'Bout NO.

This is practically murdering soon to be citizens. I don't care that it's for medical research, they have found many other ways to get cures. If nothing good has come out of this yet, it never will. This is immoral and heartless. Why should loving parents have to let their beautiful child die just for research?

• Umm... How 'Bout NO.

• The government should not fund stem cell research!!!!!!!!!!!!

In order to obtain stem cells, scientists must destroy a human embryo and that isn't fair to the mother and father of that soon to be human being. The government funds so many things, if they want this process to move forward they have to find another way to handle this process. I understand there doing this to help people but they are just ruining the life and family of a soon to be human. This is like straight up murder. They need to feel empathy and putt there selves in the parents position. If I was in that position I wouldn't allow this to happen. I am not allowing them to kill my soon to be daughter or son , and I know they wouldn't do that as well. Yes I understand it's for a good cause but the way they have to do things to do this good cause isn't good at all. When you really think about it, it's actually very sad and depressing. Especially since you know that, that memory will always follow you and haunt you, you can't wipe a memory like that from your brain. And get this, if the women ever gets pregnant again the entire pregnancy will be irregular.

• No they should not.

The government already funds enough things and if it is as important as the people who think it should be funded by the government say it is then it should do just fine supported by individuals on its own. Also our government isn't a charity organization and shouldn't fund these things directed to support only extremely specific cases.

• Stem Cell Research

Take into consideration stem cell cloning(dictator with mindless army's), the governments current position, and embryonic stem cell research.
    NOW YOU DO THE MATH.In my opinion people should make better decisions then to waste their money on something that hasnt even found a cure yet. I do admit the stem cell research does seem promising but at what cost the death of innocent lives.

paolo8808 says2014-12-12T20:48:25.253
Absolutely, stem cell research holds untold possibilities for people's health. The government should be funding more scientific research, there are much much worse ways to spend taxpayers' money.
I am interested in stem cells and hair loss.
The human hair follicle is the only organ present at embryonic development, the cell structure of which goes through continous autopsis (ie life and death cycles). If scientists can grasp a better or, a complete understanding of this phsiological phenomena, it opens up a whole new world of research opportunites.I have written a post on my blog: http://endhairloss.eu/top-5-hair-loss-treatments/cellular-regeneration/ hope you find it interesting! But again We have enough researchers and knowledge to pursue breakthroughs in hair loss AND spinal cord injuries. This research doesn't hinder progress in that field or any other field for that matter. Giampaolo