Should governments implement population control measures?

• Yes Sir |

Population growth is taking a toll on the environment and its natural resources...How much more can the earth sustain? 31 more words are needed so here they are a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a

• The focus should be on what's best for the long term of the human race's survival and quality of life of those future generations

I think we should focus on the quality of life for future generations, in addition to ensuring the long-term survival of the human race. That said i agree with population control, but it must be done as ethically as possible. Absolutely no genocide or murder in the name of population control. Instead measures should be taken in a form of contraception use that reduces the total population gradually. Population control must be implemented gradually in order to reduce the burden on the younger generation caring for the larger aging generation that would inevitably occur once implemented. Through the contraceptive method, we could also get health benefits for future generations out of it by having more offspring from genetically healthier people, and less from people with genetic diseases or disorders, doing our best to eliminate genetic disease. I also think we should keep a sort of DNA Bank of every living person, in case there is a unique trait that we lose within the population that could be of use to us later to be brought back.

The total population should be brought down to a number that allows for us to have resources for every living person to live a good quality life, without being a burden to the planet or environment, and still have wiggle room. I don't know what that would be I guess it would depend how you defined the resources needed for a good quality of life per capita, and where you drew the line on not being intrusive on the environment.

• Definitely need population control.

There are far too many humans on the planet. How we can call any other species a pest is beyond me. We are a plague on the earth and need to control our population or nature will do it for us. We already are over populated and it is usually the undesirables that breed the most.

• It has become a hell hole and quality of life is appalling.

Reducing population will allow us to focus on better the capabilities, services & infrastructure to the reduced numbers.

In the end I don't think it is in our interest to be a superpower. I would be content with being Switzerland rather than USA or China....I want a better quality of life and don't want to thump my chest saying we have the largest army economy etc.. Having said that we could always be powerful enough to be taken seriously but having a huge population that is under productive and miserable is not the way going forward. I believe we need to take a stand on this or we will see our nation implode.

• Most Humans are irresponsible and care nothing for the future of our race or the creatures we share this planet with!

In developed countries, families responsibly limit their families to 1 or 2 children. As a result, these children are afforded a brighter, healthier future and are able to care and support themselves later on, as well as their children. In undeveloped and developing countries, it's the complete opposite. For whatever reason, these families are having children completely unchecked and result in higher incidents of death during childbirth, higher child mortalities through sickness and/or famine. They also spread HIV, AIDS and other STD's at a dramatic rate. These countries require food and aid on a constant level from developed countries, but take no responsibility for any of their predicament. At the rate their populations are rising, global populations may be unsustainable within another 2 generations. When this happens, fresh drinking water will be depleted as will the resources to grow food to feed them. The current refugee crisis plaguing Europe, will be but a trickle of what will happen 20-30 years from now. Even among these refugees, 30% of women are showing up pregnant, many with between 2-6 children in tow. If they cannot be convinced to think and behave responsibly, then the decision must be made for them. The situation in many of these countries is dire, but I can't imagine any parent would willingly wish to watch their children starve to death or die from disease. Education is far too late for these people, The Catholic Church/Pope continue to ignore the realities because it's inconsistent with their beliefs, and quite frankly developed countries are fed up with pouring trillions of dollars into it with no end in sight. If they won't listen to reason and use birth control or agree to sterilization, the only other option is to stop all aid and let nature take its course. If this is something too extreme to consider, then this will become the reality for all our grandchildren. No one said this solution would be easy. It's also far better to protect our planet and its creatures now before they too are killed or starved out as well. Personally, this should be extended to any families in the western world who are currently on welfare. If a couple cannot afford to care for their own children, it shouldn't become a burden on the rest of society.

• We are not pigs

The population should be controlled drastically because its okay for a couple to have two children for a sustainable development the more the childrens the more the pollution govt should take harsh steps like to stop voting rights,imprisonment,no support from govt supply should not give rations,publicily humiliate them,they themselves should feel ashamed of what they have done

• End the Species

I do indeed verily believe, we as humans are in dire need of population control. To the extreme. I believe, while I may seem ignorant, that we need a good ol' genocide to vastly thin the numbers that shroud this poor earth. Restating, I know I may seem ignorant, but I personally deem it necessary. I'm not stupid.

• End the Species

• We have to look at the future

We do not want to wait until the future when population is so bad that we suffer before we implement population control. They may say we can support 12 billion but look now we have starving people we will always have people who take more leaving others with less we do not want to reach critical levels just like with your money. You always have to live below your means to have a saving. For when disaster strikes

• Because ITS .....

Sorry TROLL! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Should not be a priority.

We have enough resources to feed every single human being on this earth up to 12 billion people, yet there are so many dying of hunger. Population growth is a problem but it should not be a priority right now when we have enough resources to give to every single person. The distribution of those resources is the problem that needs to be fixed.

• No population control

No, I do not believe that our national government should implement population control measures. We are all here, and if this was done long ago, we wouldn't be. So it's not fair to all the future children's children of the world. People die everyday and people are born everyday. Therefore the population should be equal barring any crazy thing as having 20 kids.

• Governments do not have the right to our bodies

World governments do not have the right to tell us what we can and can not do with our own bodies. To me our bodies are our own private property and as such we have the right to do what we please with it. However, population is increasing worldwide and this could become a problem. My solution is to cut welfare, if you cant afford kids you won't have them.

• Moral reasoning as Humans

I know that the environment and economy are slowly going into ruins but I also believe that people should be able to do what they think is morally correct. There's always going to be someone who thinks that it is a bad idea. And there's always going to be someone who thinks there should. It really depends on the state of the community and their point of view.

• These are all opinions...

All of your arguments are invalid and you have no support to anything that you are saying. Most of these are just opinions and opinions need supporting evidence if you want to convince anyone. If any of you want to say something that will affect someone else's choice on this matter then you need to make better arguments

• There Are Enough Resourses

There are enough resourses in our world to feed human beings.The problem is that we humans are not utilizing it properly.And controling population is not a solution for the problems.If government is going to bring population control no doubt it is a big faliure from the govern ment itself.Hope government will be aware about it.

• Population as Human Asset

No, Government should not try to control Overpopulation as India is one of the youngest populated country with average age of 28 years and Median age of 25 year. This average and median age is more than 35 years in developed countries. So the government should take certain steps to increase employment opportunities for its people rather than forcefully conducting controlling measures.

• Population Not A Problem

I do not believe governments should implement population control measures. From my understanding, the planet is far from being overpopulated. While there are some heavily populated areas and countries, there are plenty of empty, open spaces as well. Birth rates have decreased recently, on there own, in a natural matter.