• WHY NOT hun?

It promotes conformism, obedience, and submission.

Surveillance ‘is the key means for societal control in Western societies,’ and that it’s ‘more effective than brute force.’ The idea that government is always watching actually creates a common fear and becomes a mechanism for controlling the people.

In 2013, former director of the NSA General Keith B. Alexander stated that expanding surveillance has actually stopped 50 potential threats of terrorism.

Our surveillance has prevented "numerous plane crashes, suicide bombings, building bombings, and assassinations of people of high importance". And also, they say that in no way is this what people think it is. In fact, most surveillance is by machine looking for key words or phrases.

• Yes, to an extent.

Everyone acts like it is a big deal if the government spies on the citizens, but honestly wouldn't you rather they do that and avoid major problems than respect privacy and we end up without a huge issue because they were not allowed to monitor people? We should be given a certain amount of freedom, but some of it is just them checking up on us and moving on. Nothing wrong with that.

• Aye proposal for the government.

I reckon the governments around the world,if chosen to spy on there citizens.Should have to by law,give aye receipt to the taxpayers to show where there moneys going.So the government that is spying on there people would feel the same embarrassment & exposure, that they should.One problem is that government's and the military complex's could potentially become or already are corrupted.So there would have to be someone reliable to watch over what's going on and i don't know if that possible.

• Why should they not?

I think that as long as the government keeps the spying system for use protection to the US then its okay. The thing is that if something happens like a terrorist attack and there spy cameras for any evidence that may help the the people get mad at the government for not being prepared or "saving" us. But if they have cameras and other spy equipment then the people get mad about their privacy! Its a lose-lose situation either way. But i say "better save and prepared than not at all." besides whos going to save us if we have no guns to protect ourselves?

• It Really Depends

I think it really depend on the circumstance. I am not saying, spy on the citizens just for the fun of it. They should have a legitimate reason for doing so. Some may argue that its "unconstitutional" , but in all reality... If you have nothing to hide or anything in that alley way, it really should not matter.

• I agree on this.

I dont recommend using the word "spying" is mostly on to "monitoring" the users activity. As for what monitoring means is to just overlook their activity or just check them. They cant do any action that will discomfort the user, unless it is breaking the law or violating any terms and conditions. It also depends wether the government wants to eavesdrop their users activity, if its already gone into a serious matter for example, a huge data leakage breakout in Country A. Then the government in Country A should start eavesdropping their users to find who is the hacker and also for the safety of other users. Some people say that this will restrict their freedom of using the internet because the government is eavesdropping them. But thats not the case, what "spy on their citizen" means is to just check their activity such as what website did they visit and what do they do on the internet. Most people misunderstood this as to literally spy them using our webcameras. We have been eavesdrop a long time without even noticing. Yes, there are some cases where the government actually use our webcam to "spy" on us, and the reason to that is to monitor our physical behaviour for a certain time. I highly doubt that they will monitor us 24/7.

• Wuss poppin jimbo

Its cool if it saves us from a terrorist attack, they don't really care about your date last night that you called your friend about. They aren't creeps.

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
    I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
    She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
    In the shape of an "L" on her forehead
    Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
    Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
    Didn't make sense not to live for fun
    Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
    So much to do, so much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
    You'll never know if you don't go
    You'll never shine if you don't glow
    Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
    Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold

• The government should be allowed to monitor electronics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The government should be allowed too. Its either keep your privacy and thousands get killed. Or give up some of your privacy and allow law enforcement track down terrorists to keep America safe. This is why they should be allowed to monitor personal electronics.
    A a a a a a

• Privacy and human rights rebuttal

Even if it may violate our privacy, can someone tell me which human rights it violates, because if so then even someone that glances at you is also violating your privacy. It is also not like they are sharing all of your information to everyone, they have large buildings to store it and secure it there. I think safety should overrule the minor act of violation in ones privacy

• It's Not The Spying That People Think...

When an issue like this arises, you need to look at both sides. The most recent report has shown that our surveillance has prevented "numerous plane crashes, suicide bombings, building bombings, and assassinations of people of high importance". And also, they say that in no way is this what people think it is. In fact, most surveillance is by machine looking for key words or phrases. It's not like your phone is being listened to by some agent. On the other hand, people should be able to say what they want without feeling like they are being watched. But here's what it comes down to: if you are not talking about something to do with a threat or attack on the United States, they don't have authority to listen to you. They can't bring you to court if you confess over the phone you killed someone... They are only looking for intelligence on national threats. This isn't as limiting to freedom as most people think. It helps much more than it takes away.

• The Government has no right to spy on innocent citizens

The Government and Law enforcement has brained washed half American to believe they are protecting us with their spying.....It is not true this is not for our protection. They want to to control us and get rid of the ones that does not agree with their personal agenda. Obama wanted a one world nation....He still does. To do this you must have one government and one religion....... Which means us Christians are done for under his command. By watching they know where we are at all times. The spying is much worst then what is listed here.....They have cameras and mics in our homes, in our bathrooms, our bedrooms. They are paying our neighbors, our children teachers, our pastors, our local businesses to watch us 24 hrs a day. They are watching and recording you having sex, you and your children dressing, using the bathroom, showering and listening to every word you speak. Cameras, mics and tracking devices are in our TVs, clocks, computers, toys, appliances, light bulbs, shoes, medicine bottles, cars and more. And if you cancel your internet and remove all these spy items from your home.....The police will use their master keys to break into your home to place more cameras and mics in your home when you are not there and will illegal search your home for no reason what so ever. Why because you do not agree with them. How to I know.....I have been with law enforcement for over 14 years.....And they have done this to me on a regular basis. Sorriest company I have ever worked for. We are living in a police state that is taking orders from a corrupt Government that only cares about their personal agenda and not for the people. We must sand up for our privacy and freedom or our great country is done for. If anyone of you are okay with this you are either a spy getting rich off of trespassing against the rest of us or just plain evil. If you read the Bible you will know a one world Government is a major sign of the tribulation and will bring the Devil upon us. Luckily I will not be here......But most of you will. Hopefully, with Trump and the true Christians of the world we can hold off this evil a little while longer.

• Leave that which is public, to the public and what is private, stays private.

Taxes and corrupution are public issues and we, as citizens have the inborn rignt to know their managment, as we are the ones who pay for that public service. A public abuse is inherently our right to know about. What happens outside of the public space, is also our right to keep private.

• I'm Surprised so many of you don't get why it's a huge problem. Please research the topic thoroughly and I trust you will agree.

As a Veteran that served with 327th and Special Warfare Training Group, Psychological operations, I can assure you the gov doesn't build huge facilities in Utah to store yottabytes of our emails to mom and Skype's to our gf and bf to give us security. However if you are all to brain washed or lazy to see the truth then maybe you don't deserve your freedom anyway. By the way if you live in a city you and your kids are being watch on camera 80 time on average daily. Do you ever think of the weirdo gov employee that gets the intimate details of your day and data. You should.

• The government should never spy on their citizens!

The government should never spy on their citizens! Due to the fact that it is against the human rights and the law on privacy. Mainly no one would like their secrets to be known and spread around the inner government privately. Also if were all been spied then they can trace the footstep of what we've been doing and maybe the government is looking for someone and you have the exact footstep you might be recognised as the someone the government is looking for and have you arrested and make you have no clue of what is going on.

• .Nope . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• It's Global spying.

It's Global spying by corporates hand in hand with governments without our consent. We were never asked. For it to be on such a massive scale, why aren't we asked? Retrieving our data with nice designs and cool looking phones to bait us. They have now created an unatural need and if you don't have or don't want a phone or internet or fancy tech, you are not part of the system, you are left behind. People and citizens of the world is the market. We are just silly sheep. If data collection was harmless, why weren't the people aware of this before implementing it all? Don't we get a say? I hate people tweeting or facebooking whilse they drive,cross roads, they miss out on what truly matters and what is real and not virtual.

• I am a kid

Bro. Just stop. I don't want a creepy stalker out there. PLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZ LZ PLZ LZ P LZ LZ PLZLZ PLZ STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP I DONT WANT A STALKER OUT THERE I DONT WANT A STALKER OUT THERE I DONT WANT A STALKER OUT THERE

• Privacy Is Important

You don't have any personal space or privacy of the government is spying on you. Also, its disturbing to know you're always monitored. If the government is spying on its citizens makes it seems like no one can be trusted. The government should get a warrant if they actually have a reason to spy.

• America is suppose to be a free republic.

When you hand government the powers to spy on the people you are allowing government to suspend your forth amendment rights. Your home is no longer "your castle"

It is not even legal for us to give up our own inalienable rights.

The constitution and bill of rights were wrote in very simple language so that even the illiterate could understand when it was read to them. The patriot act is nothing short of brazen treason and every lawmaker that participated in it knows this to be true.

• Cuz i dont want them too

They dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happy they dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happythey dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happythey dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happy