• Yes, to an extent.

Everyone acts like it is a big deal if the government spies on the citizens, but honestly wouldn't you rather they do that and avoid major problems than respect privacy and we end up without a huge issue because they were not allowed to monitor people? We should be given a certain amount of freedom, but some of it is just them checking up on us and moving on. Nothing wrong with that.

• It Really Depends

I think it really depend on the circumstance. I am not saying, spy on the citizens just for the fun of it. They should have a legitimate reason for doing so. Some may argue that its "unconstitutional" , but in all reality... If you have nothing to hide or anything in that alley way, it really should not matter.

• Aye proposal for the government.

I reckon the governments around the world,if chosen to spy on there citizens.Should have to by law,give aye receipt to the taxpayers to show where there moneys going.So the government that is spying on there people would feel the same embarrassment & exposure, that they should.One problem is that government's and the military complex's could potentially become or already are corrupted.So there would have to be someone reliable to watch over what's going on and i don't know if that possible.

• Why should they not?

I think that as long as the government keeps the spying system for use protection to the US then its okay. The thing is that if something happens like a terrorist attack and there spy cameras for any evidence that may help the the people get mad at the government for not being prepared or "saving" us. But if they have cameras and other spy equipment then the people get mad about their privacy! Its a lose-lose situation either way. But i say "better save and prepared than not at all." besides whos going to save us if we have no guns to protect ourselves?

• Safety is proven

At first, everyone will say about stakers and privacy probelms, but if the government stop looking at their citizens, when problems like crime or you have somethins you want to prove, there is no way!! The stalingmost people is saying is CCTVs but if they have no cctvs, there is no evidence to catch the crime person and you can't prove it

• If it's for the benefit of all

Opposition has been arguing on how it invades the privacy of its citizen, and it is not morally correct to do so. What they have to understand is that its not arbitrary that the government stalks every single one of its citizens, because obviously, the feasibility of it is questionable. They'll obviously narrow their targeted subject down. Today, the most likely form of government spying is through the internet or through technology (As the recent event of Apple vs. The US government took place because they wanted to get through an attacker's iPhone for more evidence). You legalize something if it is for the common benefit of all its people, and and because it is one of the State's internet to do so, then why not give the government the right to spy on its own people for the common benefit. It's an easier method to track down potential terrorists and criminals.

I personally would rather have government officials stalk me and feel safe than having my right to privacy, while I am in the risk of danger.

• YES, to an extent

To an extent meaning; can't we just watch netflix and go on snapchat and instagram with out being stalked. But put that all aide and look what if someone was look to murder a person and they looked up jail sentence for first degree mudrer. Poo poo poo poo hi

• I rather have no privacy and be alive .

When you think about if the government spies on you loose your privacy while decreasing the chance of being another victim of terrorism but if you don't let them you increase the chance of being a victim. So its a loose loose. Would you want the government take your privacy or would you rather be a victim of terrorism and still not have privacy

• Its not harming anyone

The government isn't going to gossip to their UN friends about how many times you jerk off. The only people that have to worry about the government taking action are the ones committing the crimes, if you are following all the laws there is no reason for the government to abuse you otherwise.

• If itt hxhwbx

Dede ed ew d ed e de whd eb dywe u vr ewbf dyd yvy wcyudf cge cye c yec g dw y wcy we ycy c ywey cyew ge c eguxvavx a vc xajokdevdtcv vale cbria hddhdhbchbehubd euc u cu eh cj sdn ch ci ch h ciycyvc cy e e

• No no no cause they are fucking assholes!

No no no no no no cause they are fucking assholes!No no no cause they are fucking assholes!No no no cause they are fucking assholes!No no no cause they are fucking assholes!No no no cause they are fucking assholes!No no no cause they are fucking assholes!No no no cause they are fucking assholes!

• I'm Surprised so many of you don't get why it's a huge problem. Please research the topic thoroughly and I trust you will agree.

As a Veteran that served with 327th and Special Warfare Training Group, Psychological operations, I can assure you the gov doesn't build huge facilities in Utah to store yottabytes of our emails to mom and Skype's to our gf and bf to give us security. However if you are all to brain washed or lazy to see the truth then maybe you don't deserve your freedom anyway. By the way if you live in a city you and your kids are being watch on camera 80 time on average daily. Do you ever think of the weirdo gov employee that gets the intimate details of your day and data. You should.

• The government should never spy on their citizens!

The government should never spy on their citizens! Due to the fact that it is against the human rights and the law on privacy. Mainly no one would like their secrets to be known and spread around the inner government privately. Also if were all been spied then they can trace the footstep of what we've been doing and maybe the government is looking for someone and you have the exact footstep you might be recognised as the someone the government is looking for and have you arrested and make you have no clue of what is going on.

• .Nope . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• It's Global spying.

It's Global spying by corporates hand in hand with governments without our consent. We were never asked. For it to be on such a massive scale, why aren't we asked? Retrieving our data with nice designs and cool looking phones to bait us. They have now created an unatural need and if you don't have or don't want a phone or internet or fancy tech, you are not part of the system, you are left behind. People and citizens of the world is the market. We are just silly sheep. If data collection was harmless, why weren't the people aware of this before implementing it all? Don't we get a say? I hate people tweeting or facebooking whilse they drive,cross roads, they miss out on what truly matters and what is real and not virtual.

• I am a kid

Bro. Just stop. I don't want a creepy stalker out there. PLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZLZPLZ LZ PLZ LZ P LZ LZ PLZLZ PLZ STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP I DONT WANT A STALKER OUT THERE I DONT WANT A STALKER OUT THERE I DONT WANT A STALKER OUT THERE

• Privacy Is Important

You don't have any personal space or privacy of the government is spying on you. Also, its disturbing to know you're always monitored. If the government is spying on its citizens makes it seems like no one can be trusted. The government should get a warrant if they actually have a reason to spy.

• America is suppose to be a free republic.

When you hand government the powers to spy on the people you are allowing government to suspend your forth amendment rights. Your home is no longer "your castle"

It is not even legal for us to give up our own inalienable rights.

The constitution and bill of rights were wrote in very simple language so that even the illiterate could understand when it was read to them. The patriot act is nothing short of brazen treason and every lawmaker that participated in it knows this to be true.

• Cuz i dont want them too

They dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happy they dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happythey dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happythey dont need to watch meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if they watch me i will not be very happy

• No we shouldnt

No Beacause we arent stupid russians a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a.