Should governments utilize a cap-and-trade system (yes) or a carbon tax (no) to reduce emissions?

• cap-and-trade system (yes)

Carbon To Reduce Emissions I personally think that a carbon tax would do more to reduce emissions rather than a cap-and-trade system. I believe governments should utilize the carbon tax system because it can be modified in the future as different needs arise whereas the cap-and-trade system may stop some pollution it doesn't have any triggers to further reduce it in the future.

• Carbon tax Better

Carbon tax Better, I personally Think we should make solar Flares taxes Free and Make it THE law to have. So that poor people has a better chance too to afford.
    The carbon tax will help reduce the emission..
    I have three kids and if we keep it up, They will Not have a chance.. Cancer, lung Issues. We have to think of the pollution that's happening to our earth.. And put our money to a bed and think what's more important? LIFE!!! And Love..

You see the problem everywhere!! Wake the hell up people!! We gotta do something now!!! Before the bubble breaks and then Life will seize to Exist!!!!

• This is an unfair system that affects mostly poor people.

A cap-and-trade or carbon taxed system is supposed to lower emissions by taxing people for there carbon footprint. This system will not work to lower emissions because the corporations with huge carbon footprints have plenty of money to pay the taxes and continue business as usual. This system will only serve to create more of a burden for poorer people that all ready can't afford there electric bills.

• No: Governments should use a carbon tax.

The problem with cap and trade is that it provides the opportunity for Wall Street and its bevy of hedge fund managers to turn the carbon market into an instrument of financial manipulation. The ability for carbon taxes to reduce carbon pollution may also be limited, but such a method none the less appears to provide a more above board approach.

• Carbon To Reduce Emissions

I personally think that a carbon tax would do more to reduce emissions rather than a cap-and-trade system. I believe governments should utilize the carbon tax system because it can be modified in the future as different needs arise whereas the cap-and-trade system may stop some pollution it doesn't have any triggers to further reduce it in the future.

• Carbon Tax Better

I believe a carbon tax would do more to reduce emissions rather than a cap-and-trade system. I believe governments should utilize the carbon tax system because it can be modified in the future as different needs arise whereas the cap-and-trade system may stop some pollution it doesn't have any triggers to further reduce it in the future.