• So true they shuld be

We shud otherwise every one would be a butt and the would be dum.
    I shall now finish my speech wth random words and letters to fill up space to post this art:
    sdsa
    dasdsa
    das
    ds
    ad
    asd
    ad
    sad
    f
    sdf
    df
    sf
    sd
    fs
    f
    f
    ffs

• Grades should be abolished

People try their best but still fail. They do good but they cant go to college and wont have good job and will not be what they want to be when they become a well grown adult and cannot do what they would like to do while being a adult.

• Abolishing Letter Grades

I am also an 8th Grader, but look at it this way. Lets say you turn in a paper late while everyone else has already turned it in. Then you look at your grade in the class and you see that it dropped really low. You ask the teacher why it did this and he or she says that he or she has yet to grade it. So you get home and suddenly your parents seem really angry and yell at you asking why your grade is so low. You try to explain to them that it will change but they don't listen or believe that your making it up. If this happens then you end up getting punished for it. Now I'm not saying grades are bad in general but LETTER grades are what's bad.

• Grades should be abolished now!!

Grades should be abolished because if a student gets a f the probably are going to stop trying because they already they are not going to pass. Another reason is because if you forget to turn in a paper in but you hand it in the next day and you look at your grade and you went down from an A to a D- and they ask the teacher why and he says because i didnt grade it yet so they go home and get punished.

• Pass/Fail Better Option

In a culture filled with standardized testing, a pass/fail option may be better for schools. The important thing is to prepare students to pass the GED and/or the ACT so they can continue their education. A pass/fail system is just like the GED--either you pass it or you fail it. The ACT has a scoring system where you get better options the higher you score.

• Abolishing Letter Grades

I'm also an 8th Grader but look at this. Lets say you forget to turn in a paper and everyone else does. You get it turned in the next day and go look at your grades later on. When you look at your grades you see that your main grade in one of your classes dropped really low lets say from a B- to a F. You ask your teacher why and the teacher says that he or she has yet to grade it. You go home and your parents punish you for your bad grade even though you tried to explain what happened. This would've never happened if there were no LETTER grades. I'm not saying that grades are bad in general I'm just saying that the LETTER grade is whats bad.

• Abolishing Letter Grades

• Abolish those grades

They lower the kids self esteem. That will make it so they don't even want to try so there grades will get worse and worse till they have an f in every class. That's why i think grades should be abolished. I hope you think so to so kids dont get fs

• Abolishing Grading System

I personally hate the grading system we use. I'm in eighth grade and when I look at my grades they are what the average kid would have (b's etc) and when I see that I got a lower grade on something that I worked very hard on is very degrading. What if a students is trying their absolute best but it's not "good enough" so they get a lower grade. Then the student gets upset and depressed because their peers did "better" and their parents don't approve of it even though they don't know how hard the work is because half the parents today can't do what us students do.

• Grades should be abolished

Grades should be abolished because when someone gets a bad grade they will just think they don't have to try because they already know they are going to get held back. Grades really aren't a good thing to have for small kids. This is just my opinion. You don't need to listen.

• Grades are need so I the smart person I am can be serperated form all these stupid people

Grades will help all the idiots in my school so i dont get stuck with them. Without grades I would always be gettin stuck with dem idiots. The teachers would not be able to reconises the problems that the kids are having. That is why i believe that grades shoudnt be abolished.

• No no no

They are a motivation for students, and if they abolish grades students will automatically pass the grade without any learning, students will stop putting effort to work however, they will pass the grade, think about it is stupid ,grades are needed, if someone wants to enter college how will they know the student's level if grades are not permitted

• Is this a serious question?

Without grades how do we give students feedback on their performance? How do colleges know which students to admit and which to reject?

Maybe changes could be made to the grading system, but it is absolutely necessary.

I do recommend a change, have a comprehensive exam at the end of the semester, along with a lab or a project in some cases such as science classes. Make this grade the student's "performance grade". Everything up to that point is preparation, but how the student does on that should also be assigned a grade, a "responsibility and organization" grade for the class. Then colleges and employers can look at the two grades and measure each student both based upon their mastery of subjects and whether or not they are responsible and organized and able to follow instructions, rather than having the two components get messed up in the same grade.

That way the grading system would function as an even more accurate reporting of the progress of each individual student. Students who are smart and so know the material and pass their finals with As, but slack off during the preparation could even redeem themselves, perhaps by going to some sort of self-discipline bootcamp, which colleges and employers could look at to mitigate the negative effects of low "responsibility and organization" grades in high school.

• Grades should be abolished

• Do not abolish them please.

I am a fourth grader in challenge school named Sravyasri Gana Lankipalle who has grades and the first time in my life have I heard you try to abolish grades. One is your just stupid if you want to abolish them. It helps students focus and what in the world is better than achieving things by focusing.

• No it shouldn't

It shouldn't because if you decide to get rid of it then the students will stop trying and they will automatically pass that grade. I know some of you out there think that I don't know what im talking about but im just a simple 8th grader in a very strict class room so yea I know what im talking about

• Grades shoudln be abolished

Grades are so important for our lives grades are like a level that we are passing each day so if we take out some grades we are not going to be as the same capacity as the students that pass all the grades without abolishing them thanks and bay finish

• Grades shoudln be abolished

• Why should grades be abolished?

I have many reasons for why the grading system should be abolished?. The grading system should not be abolished. If the schools got rid of the grading system, many people would not take homework seriously. Grades keep pupils in line. Many peers do not understand that their annual grades are for the best, showing them their standings. If a pupil flunks a subject, a teacher can pull up the grade and get them help in the area. I strongly believe if the students knew that grades were for the better, they would try harder on everything they did. However if they did get the flunking grade, they would be more likely to ask for more help and fix the issue area. A way a teacher could get their pupils excited for math, is the students could try grading their own report cards. Students could improve their averaging skills if they could grade stuff constantly. “If kids did not have grades they could not be averaged which means nothing to work for,” says debate.Org. Sometimes, grades can motivate pupils. For example, it has motivated me to try to get into Harvard or Culinary College in AC. Upper level students often will thrive to be better academically, which would obviously make them slightly smarter. The grading system is a way to measure a student’s progress. Thank you. I rest my case.

• Abolishing Grades for good

I know that grades are important to a students education. I know that kids don't like them, because I am a kid. I'm only 12 but I know how important they are to your future. If you don't get grades, you don't have a GPA, and if you don't have a GPA, there is no college. College leads to a career and making money from it. In order to be successful, grades need to stay!!!