• Grades should not define how smart we are.

Grades sure do help standardize the schooling system and has tremendously helped our world today, but lately, more and more of our youth has been going to school merely because they just want to have a good future. THAT IS WAAY TOO MUCH PRESSURE. Everyone of us knows that if you get an A you get a good paying job which means a better life for you and your family in the future. But see, Steve Jobs for example did not go to college and did not take the classes he was supposed to but in his life time, he has made billions of dollars when he invented the iPhone. And parents today basically tell us to go to school just to get A's so we can get a good job. We all know they mean well, but just because he was only B's and C's doesn't mean that were less intelligent than someone who has A's and B's. Maybe we simply just forgot to do or turn in an assignment because of a social issue we're dealing at home or maybe we don't have time to do it because we have to work or babysit our siblings. These types of struggles reduce the chance of us getting into college and getting a good job and we have nothing to do about it because of us being pressured to get the A's our parents want us to have will juggling all these other things we have to do in life and it frustrates me because we're just teenagers and we can't do anything about it. And right now i'd super tired after a day of everything and i still have to work on debate sources and i just do not want to do them, however the semester just started and im not trying to get a C. YOU SEE THAT?! I JUST MADE A PERFECTLY GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHY WE DO HOMEWORK. BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT BAD GRADES BECAUSE WE WANT MONEY BECAUSE WE WANT A GOOD LIFE, BUT GRADES SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DEFINE HOW WE WILL BE IN THE FUTURE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THERE IS A SLIM CHANCE WE WILL END UP LIKE STEVE JOBS BUT WE ALL STILL WANT TO HAVE MONEY TO A POINT WHERE WE CAN SPEND IT ON STUFF AND HAVE NO WORRIES. OK BYE IM DONT RANTING.

• Grades seperate people from eachother because they feel that they are not smart because of how their grades are so i say yes

It is impossible to ask eveyone to see if grades should be gone because everyones grades would be bad and it would reflect them all badly. The grades that they receive are poorly because they feel that they are dumb and just give up on it and try to get better by believing that their grades are the type of people they are

• Grades should be eliminated.

Grades in high school mean getting into a good college, which leads to getting a good career and making enough money to provide for a family and to own a house along with the basic necessities of life. If you make good grades, that means making a good future. Well if you get bad grades then that means that there is too much pressure on the student that is trying to survive whenever he/she gets older. Of course we all need basic knowledge and intelligence which comes from a good education however having a good enough understanding of life which many people have could succeed if grades wouldn't hold them back. Having good or bad grades doesn't make your cleverness or understanding of life any different. We should all get a chance to continue and move forward in life, and having grades could stop that from happening.

• Influences Cheating in Schools

Grades should be eliminated because of the competitive nature that it gives to students. The only students that cheat are the students that care a lot about their grades in a class. The students that are at the bottom of the class do not care about their grades in a class, the HONORS students are the ones that care the most and are the ones that are the most competitive in the classroom.

• It is stupid

I say this because, why would you judge a child's intelligence level based on a letter? Oh you got an F because you couldn't do it right. They could easily know the concept but not get the answer right. Also, everyone learns at a different pace, for example, a kid could get an A+ because he learned it before the test, and another would get an F because, sadly, he didn't learn it until after the test, but he still learned it.

• Yes, we should change the paradigm!

The sorting and selecting of students by grading them like cattle is a completely outmoded educational model. Grades seldom reflect the quantity of learning, they do not motivate students to learn, they are usually based on quantity of work, not learning, and act as punishment. Learning is a natural human endeavor. We would not think of grading children on their ability to walk or talk. We praise and encourage. Why should we grade students on their reading ability? Let's build our schools around how people learn and not around the way we judge cattle for the meat market!

• Grades are no measurement of intellect

The only thing grades are good for is telling a kid they're stupid because they didn't work hard enough. Who knows if it's even their fault? If the teacher didn't put the grade for an assignment into their gradebook, it isn't the student's fault. There are too many varibales to take a GPA seriously because if the student has any control over it -- other than completing their homework and studying for tests -- it's very minute. I think if someone wanted to determine how LAZY a child was they could use a GPA. I didn't feel like doing my assignment, which I was fully capable of doing, just because I would rather watch TV (which brings up a whole new disagreement) so I got an F and it brought my total class grade to a B. So what? GPA and academic achievements are not an acceptable way of judging a person.

• Grades should be eliminated

Grades should only be a measure of how much we learned. We should be able to see that we got a 90 percent on the test, but it shouldn't go into a GPA system for example. Receiving an A doesn't necessarily mean that I learned. I could have gotten an A by cheating. Did I gain anything besides the grade? No. So in conclusion, grades should be eliminated from the school system.

• Grades should be eliminated

Grades are important but it's not the grade that matters. It's what you learn. I could easily get an A grade by copying of someone else's test. Did I gain anything besides a grade? Did I learn anything? Overall, I believe that we should receive grades to see how we did, but it should just be a measure of how much you learned. It shouldn't be there to put pressure on you.

• Grades are eghh

Many students get stressed from grades. Thats a reason we should not have grades. When the only thing grades do is stress students out that’s not really helping the student learn because they're so stressed about their grades. Students come to school to learn and when they're stressed it makes it harder. Students should get work and maybe some tests so the teachers can see if there learning. Nobody should get graded for this work. Classes should go over our work and tests and check our mistakes so they can learn from them but not get a grade on them. In a poll on debate.Org 51% of people believe that there should not be grades in school, so the majority of people believe this statement.

• Grades Are Very Important

There is no point to school if you don't improve if you don't know what you got you might do the same thing if you got an F but you think you got an A. Than you don't go to a good collage and you don't make enough to support your family

• That grades should not be abolished.

My supporting argument is that grades should not be abolished because when students get a bad grade they first feel down but, then they might wanna work harder next time to impress their teachers and work harder to get a better grade the next time they have a test. (:

• That grades should not be abolished.

• That grades should not be abolished.

• That grades should not be abolished.

• That grades should not be abolished.

• That grades should not be abolished.

• That grades should not be abolished.

• That grades should not be abolished.

• Think about getting a job

If you are doing really well on something and you decide to get a job in that subject, if you don't have grades to show how well you did you probably won't get accepted as they will think you are lying because you don't have any grades to prove it. So if you don't get graded than getting a job will be very difficult.