• Grades should not define how smart we are.

Grades sure do help standardize the schooling system and has tremendously helped our world today, but lately, more and more of our youth has been going to school merely because they just want to have a good future. THAT IS WAAY TOO MUCH PRESSURE. Everyone of us knows that if you get an A you get a good paying job which means a better life for you and your family in the future. But see, Steve Jobs for example did not go to college and did not take the classes he was supposed to but in his life time, he has made billions of dollars when he invented the iPhone. And parents today basically tell us to go to school just to get A's so we can get a good job. We all know they mean well, but just because he was only B's and C's doesn't mean that were less intelligent than someone who has A's and B's. Maybe we simply just forgot to do or turn in an assignment because of a social issue we're dealing at home or maybe we don't have time to do it because we have to work or babysit our siblings. These types of struggles reduce the chance of us getting into college and getting a good job and we have nothing to do about it because of us being pressured to get the A's our parents want us to have will juggling all these other things we have to do in life and it frustrates me because we're just teenagers and we can't do anything about it. And right now i'd super tired after a day of everything and i still have to work on debate sources and i just do not want to do them, however the semester just started and im not trying to get a C. YOU SEE THAT?! I JUST MADE A PERFECTLY GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHY WE DO HOMEWORK. BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT BAD GRADES BECAUSE WE WANT MONEY BECAUSE WE WANT A GOOD LIFE, BUT GRADES SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DEFINE HOW WE WILL BE IN THE FUTURE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THERE IS A SLIM CHANCE WE WILL END UP LIKE STEVE JOBS BUT WE ALL STILL WANT TO HAVE MONEY TO A POINT WHERE WE CAN SPEND IT ON STUFF AND HAVE NO WORRIES. OK BYE IM DONT RANTING.

• Grades seperate people from eachother because they feel that they are not smart because of how their grades are so i say yes

It is impossible to ask eveyone to see if grades should be gone because everyones grades would be bad and it would reflect them all badly. The grades that they receive are poorly because they feel that they are dumb and just give up on it and try to get better by believing that their grades are the type of people they are

• Grades should be eliminated.

Grades in high school mean getting into a good college, which leads to getting a good career and making enough money to provide for a family and to own a house along with the basic necessities of life. If you make good grades, that means making a good future. Well if you get bad grades then that means that there is too much pressure on the student that is trying to survive whenever he/she gets older. Of course we all need basic knowledge and intelligence which comes from a good education however having a good enough understanding of life which many people have could succeed if grades wouldn't hold them back. Having good or bad grades doesn't make your cleverness or understanding of life any different. We should all get a chance to continue and move forward in life, and having grades could stop that from happening.

• Influences Cheating in Schools

Grades should be eliminated because of the competitive nature that it gives to students. The only students that cheat are the students that care a lot about their grades in a class. The students that are at the bottom of the class do not care about their grades in a class, the HONORS students are the ones that care the most and are the ones that are the most competitive in the classroom.

• It is stupid

I say this because, why would you judge a child's intelligence level based on a letter? Oh you got an F because you couldn't do it right. They could easily know the concept but not get the answer right. Also, everyone learns at a different pace, for example, a kid could get an A+ because he learned it before the test, and another would get an F because, sadly, he didn't learn it until after the test, but he still learned it.

• Yes, we should change the paradigm!

The sorting and selecting of students by grading them like cattle is a completely outmoded educational model. Grades seldom reflect the quantity of learning, they do not motivate students to learn, they are usually based on quantity of work, not learning, and act as punishment. Learning is a natural human endeavor. We would not think of grading children on their ability to walk or talk. We praise and encourage. Why should we grade students on their reading ability? Let's build our schools around how people learn and not around the way we judge cattle for the meat market!

• Grades are no measurement of intellect

The only thing grades are good for is telling a kid they're stupid because they didn't work hard enough. Who knows if it's even their fault? If the teacher didn't put the grade for an assignment into their gradebook, it isn't the student's fault. There are too many varibales to take a GPA seriously because if the student has any control over it -- other than completing their homework and studying for tests -- it's very minute. I think if someone wanted to determine how LAZY a child was they could use a GPA. I didn't feel like doing my assignment, which I was fully capable of doing, just because I would rather watch TV (which brings up a whole new disagreement) so I got an F and it brought my total class grade to a B. So what? GPA and academic achievements are not an acceptable way of judging a person.

• Grades should be eliminated

Grades should only be a measure of how much we learned. We should be able to see that we got a 90 percent on the test, but it shouldn't go into a GPA system for example. Receiving an A doesn't necessarily mean that I learned. I could have gotten an A by cheating. Did I gain anything besides the grade? No. So in conclusion, grades should be eliminated from the school system.

• Grades should be eliminated

Grades are important but it's not the grade that matters. It's what you learn. I could easily get an A grade by copying of someone else's test. Did I gain anything besides a grade? Did I learn anything? Overall, I believe that we should receive grades to see how we did, but it should just be a measure of how much you learned. It shouldn't be there to put pressure on you.

• It shouldn't even exist

Alright, So school is a place where people judge your intelligence. The higher your grades you got, The more you'll get a high paying job. . . But about your skills? You may be smart but you suck on physical skills. We should only learn things depending on your job. For example, You are a taxi driver, It requires basic math and driving skills. Will you use algebra or even calculus just to solve how much or whatever? Hell No!

• Grades should STAY!!!!

They allow us to understand how well were doing and how much we have Improved. They allow us to standertize the school grading, and if there were no grades how would you know how well we're doing. So join us , make the grades stay!!! Grades, Grades, Grades, go grades!

• Grades Should Not Be Eliminated Because They Show Improvement

Without grades, we would never know our progress. Grades show us what we've learned so far and what we need to improve on. They also make us try harder. If someone would have gotten a D on a test, it would make them try harder to improve. Although sometimes grades make us stressed or feel like we're stupid, I disagree with those people who think that grades should be eliminated.

• I don't think we should have grades.

With grades people just look and automatically have a judgement about your intelligence. I don't have bad grades, but I'm not stupid, yet again I'm not insanely intelligent. Some people have horrid grades, and are automatically seen as borderline stupid, when they could be an reincarnation of Einstein. The system has to come up with a more accurate way to grade us, so that our work will properly correlate with our line of intelligence. - CB

• I don't think we should have grades.

• Grades can cause much stress

As long as you try your best your don't need a letter to define your future. People make tons of money of of playing music, sports, or even video games. You need to learn not be rated. Plus studies show that most C students succeed more in life than B, or A students.

• Wh0 3v3r voted no. Whyyy

I like my self esteem the way it is but when i have letter grades my self esteem goes to 1 to none really quick. If there are no grade there is more motivated students higher self esteem this is my reason bye now everyone see you tomorrow guys bye

• I dont like grades

The grades of heaven fly like a chimp of hope and love of life is a dire monkey of food food and more food of cheese do you like cheese!!!?/ me and another mad dog in a kennel of hope ten words needed to lift your spirits of one word.

• Grades should not be eliminated.

Grades should not be eliminated because parents should know if you have a good grade or a bad one. If you get a bad grade the teacher can help you get better like if you need help with spelling the teacher can help you. Also its a way for the teacher and parent to communicate is they dont email each other.

• Grades should stay

I wrote this once and i'm going to write this again GRADES SHOULD STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although kids might not understand their grade you should make a list for example:
    Homework 71%
    Tests 69%
    Attendance 56%
    This is a good idea because it lets kids know more about how they are doing.

• Grades can stay!

I think that grades can stay.Some argue that they give the wrong message.For example in math a C could mean you are struggling with something or you just don't do your homework.However we can avoid this by grading different sections.These sections would be behavior,test,schoolwork,and homework.This passage avoids the confusion of "wrong grades".