• Yes, because it maintains the integrity of the practice

Void of a civic apparatus or other form of public policy enforcement , the delivery of graffiti becomes toothless and loses meaning. The performance of this craft relies upon illegality to forge its meaning in the minds of the viewer. Losing that demeans the practice of self expression in the face of a censoring public, more concerned with enforcing good taste than promoting the ideal of expression. Keep the struggle alive so that greater public battles can be won.

• Graffiti should be illegal

Defacing public property is still against the law. The law should be enforced and as a law should be respected. There should be no term like "graffiti artist" as an artist should be respectful of the law and create art using a medium which is not illegal. As long as the act of vandalism is accepted to be art the practice will continue. Graffiti is just another word for vandalism and vandalism is illegal.

• Yes Graffiti should be illegal

I happened to be a graffiti artist/writer myself, and you may find it hard to believe that i should think graffiti should be illegal. Graffiti artist vandalize to get their name and art out, to be seen by as much people as possible, its addicting because we love the adrenaline rush that comes from it, the sense of knowing you could get caught and living on the edge excites us. If Graffiti was legal, the adrenaline rush would go away. Plus if everyone could write or draw on a wall, graffiti would be a thing of the past. I know some people don't understand where im coming from. Just expressing my opinion as a graff artist.

• Yes of course.

I think cities in general should be clean.

No one should be free to paint whatever they want anywhere they want. That is disrespectful towards fellow citizens.

But people need to express themselves, so I think also that cities could provide some controled spaces dedicated for graffiti people or anyone to make art.

• Graffiti should not be illegal

Graffiti is a just another form of art and should be able to be used just not to deface property but what if you have the permission to spray paint the canvas. Art is were you express your feelings through your work of arts and show how you see the world!