Should grandparents be forced to pay child support if deadbeat moms or dads can't fulfill their financial obligations?

• Yes, Grandparents should pay child support under certain circumstances

When the deadbeat Dad or Mom lives with them hiding from Child Support services and making it possible for the parent to work under the table and under the radar of locate and enforcement efforts. I also think it should be considered aiding and abetting a criminal, unless the grandparents can show their efforts to make their son or daughter responsible for their children such as notifying Child Support services of their whereabouts or kicking them out for not supporting their children when they became knowledgeable of this happening.

• Grandparents should not be forced to pay child support if deadbeat moms or dads can't fulfill their financial obligations.

Grandparents should not be forced to pay child support if deadbeat moms or dads can't fulfill their financial obligations. Grandparents were not there when the child was created. They did not make the decision to have grandchildren. They probably did the best they could to raise their own children but have no responsibility for raising their grandchildren.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe grandparents should be forced to pay child support if deadbeat moms or dads can't fulfill their financial obligations. Grandparents are not required under any law to pay for a child's care that is not directly their child. Grandparents always have the choice to support their grand kids, they are never obligated and I suppose they shouldn't be.

• No they should not.

As a grandparent myself, I find that idea repugnant. Of course I would help my grandsons in any way I could if a parent was a deadbeat. However, there is no reason why I should be legally responsible for debts my grown children incur no matter how that debt comes about because we are all adults.

• It's not their child.

No, grandparents should not be forced to pay child support if deadbeat parents can't fulfill their obligations, because it is not the grandparents who made the decision to have the child. The children could just have kids to spite their parents, and then stick their own parents with the bill.

• They should not be forced.

Grandparents should not have a legal requirement to care for grandchildren. If they wish to adopt or become foster parents, that is another issue. Morally they should have an interest in the grandchild's welfare, but it should not be forced upon them legally, If they pay then they should play.