• We stole it.

I think that we should keep the marbles because it looks beautiful in our British museum and Lord Elgin worked very hard to steal the marbles from Greece so I hope you agree with my opinion and so that settles it and I hope you like my argument. Bye. Se you soon.

• We stole it

I think that we should keep the marbles because it looks beautiful in our British museum and Lord Elgin worked very hard to steal the marbles from Greece and so I hope you agree with my opinion and so that settles it and I hope you like my argument bye

• I think they should go back to Greece because they belong there, and its a part of history for them

Well I think Greece is not Greece without the Elgin marbles it makes it more interesting to learn about and also the room in the British museum should be used as a soft play area for kids who think the rest of the museum is boring so I hope you agree with my point of view

• They have no purpose in b=Britain

Britain has not history to do with the elgin marbles, therefor, they have no purpose in the British museum; they belong in Greece (their birthplace). Britain stole these marbles (from the Parthenon) from the Greeks with no permission, therefore they belong to Greece. This is why i believe that Greece should get their belongings back.

• They belong to Greece

It’s not right thar there not in Greece because they are stolen property and the people in Greece deserve their artefacts back. They do not belonging in England. England bought stolen property from the ottomans. They should be in the Greece museum rightly. They don’t belong in the British museum

• YES they should

British Museum has already stolen many artifacts from all over the world. Many people wrote that it belongs to Athens not Greece. But we should bear in mind that they are their ancestors and it is a spiritual culture which is a part of the temple dedicated to their the goddes of wise- Athena

• YES they should

• Britain didn't legally obtain them.

Officially, Elgin obtained a ‘firman’ from the Ottoman authorities but when the British Parliament asked to examine it, he couldn’t submit it. What he submitted was an italian translation of the official document. I reproduce from an interesting article of the American Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Sculptures, Inc: “Specialists in Ottoman Law point out that the document does not carry the signature and seal of the Sultan or his customary invocation to God, and without them, Elgin and by extention the British Museum have no legal evidence of ownership of the Parthenon Sculptures” (Newsletter, Nov.2008). Therefore, the argument of the British Museum’s administrations that the Sculptures consist “legal property of the museum” is doubted. How proper is to base the ‘legality’ of Parthenon Marbles’ ownership on a translated version of a letter probably produced by a low-ranked Ottoman official?

• Parthenon Sculptures Belong In Greece.

The Parthenon sculptures have always belonged to Greece and the Greeks were free to do with them as they chose. The British Museum has no excuse to hold on to them and repatriation of the sculptures is long overdue. They have no place in Britain and frankly, I don't think they ever did.

• They belong under the Acropolis

They don't belong to Greece but they don't belong to the British either. The British 10 years ago, would not return the marbles with the argument that our museum was not big enough to hold them. Well now we have an amazing museum right under the Acropolis were those marbles were born. What is your argument now??

• Britain has no right to reliquish them.

1. Britain owns them legally.
    2. If Elgin hadn't taken them, they would have been destroyed like the other sculptures.
    3. No one country owns history.
    4. Greece didn't own them anyway, Athens did.
    5. They are more accessible in England for the public and free to view as well.

• Greece doesn't deserve them.

I think you mean the Parthenon Marbles. They were removed by the Earl of Elgin in the early 1800s and have been on display in England ever since. I think considering how much the Greeks have squandered their own historical heritage for cash over the decades that return of the marbles really doesn't make a difference.

• In the vein of historical preservation I regrettably must say no.

The previous 200 years of Greecian history should prove that the country is reasonably unstable politically and economically. What assurances do preservationists have that the Greek gov't (a term in constant flux) can trully see to the protection of these timeless artifacts of Western Civilization ? Should they return eventually? Absolutely. Should they be returned now? Absolutely not. Until Greece has proven itself as a stable nation capable of this immense responsibility to history I can't support their return.

• Greece isn't a safe home for them.

Getting removed, legally under Ottoman law, was the best thing that happened to the Elgin marbles. Because they were removed they were spared from a lot of instability and war in Greece that went on for decades. Furthermore, the Greek financial crisis makes it dubious that the Greek government would have the resources to transport and adequately protect and care for these sculptures. They probably wouldn't have survived at all if they hadn't been taken to Britain. The British Museum also attracts about 6 times the number of annual visitors that Athens' Acropolis Museum gets. So not only are they safer and not a financial strain on an ailing government, they are being visited by a lot more people where they are now.