• Protection for church congregations

Churches should have armed security guards to protect the congregation. Church members and guests should not have to worry about some crazy person coming into the church with a gun and having a free for all. Church people should be safe just like everybody else. Keep people safe from crazy people.

• Gun Free Zones Are Considered Soft, Easy Targets

In this day & time, it is quite apparent that criminals & terrorists have viewed churches, schools, government buildings, and other "gun-free-zones" as easy, soft targets to do their dirty deeds. For example, it took less than 45 seconds for the recent California massacre to occur, even though the police, who had just completed an active shooter training not two miles away, were armed & ready to respond. Police cannot be everywhere so we need to protect ourselves until backup or police can arrive. Our forefathers knew that to be true even back in their day when they set up the Bill Of Rights (the first ten amendments of our Constitution) which includes the second amendment protecting our freedom to keep & bear arms. History has shown that a population that has been disarmed immediately becomes a people under dictatorship.

• The state has no compelling reason to restrict the freedom in this manner.

The state must have a compelling reason to restrict a given freedom from a group of people. The state can prevent a lawful gun owner from bringing a gun to a church of that church is a polling place for political reasons. However, there are no other major political reasons with which to restrict lawful gun owners from bringing a gun to church. Perhaps the only other exception could be when the POTUS visits the church. Unless a reason can be given in which the state can defend a law in court that restricts lawful gun owners from bringing a gun to church, then gun owners should be able to bring a gun to church. Therefore, I offer anyone to challenge this opinion by either providing a compelling reason in which the state should restrict this freedom from lawful gun owners or by showing faults in my argument.

• No state-compelling reason to prevent it

The state has a compelling reason to restrict prior from caring fund into the state capitol and other political buildings. However, the state has no compelling reason to prevent law-abiding citizens who are authorized to carry guns by the appropriate authorities into a church. The Constitution requires the federal government and the state governments to have compelling reasons to restrict freedoms from groups of people. I offer someone to challenge my opinion by offering ways in which the federal government or the state has at least one compelling reason to restrict lawful gun owners from bringing a gun into a church.

• Yes, Those who follow rhe law and are reponsible gun owners can be trusted anywhere.

When our culture and laws promote healthy and responsible gun handing and ownership everyone is safer. The way we regulate automobiles and traffic is very similar to how we can help get the gun issues under control. We need to separate the criminals actions from law abiding citizens actions. In other words promote and reward good responsible gun handling ownership. While at the sametime restrict and punish criminal behavior.

• Guns are designed to protect the innocent.

The old saying that people take for granted"Guns don't kill people, people kill people". In today's society we have people killing children in schools, killing people at marathons, attacking people in store parking lots. There are radical anti- christian people vandalizing churches. The Bible tells us to "be harmless as doves, but wise as serpents' I think we should attend church to worship but be prepared to protect our families if needed.

• I am 17

What would stop an anti-religious person from walking in on our weekly meetings and shooting into a crowd 800 middle schoolers in our sactuary? A sign that says please dont carry a gun here? How about multiple police officers in uniform and under cover carrying a legal fire arm. Just like I know that my mother will not go on a shooting spree in our neighborhood just because she owns a gun I know that guns in church would be for pertection from people who by definition break laws.

• Easter Sunday 2015...

My wife is being baptized today and wanted me to be there. I'm an atheist, but I respect all religions. When I strapped on my holster (I have a concealed carry permit and carry everywhere), she requested that I not bring a firearm to church. Bottom line, we respectfully disagreed and I didn't go. I just hope someone there is armed in case some crazy radical lone wolf decides to take out some Christians.

• This is an inaccurate poll

Unfortunately, the people on the right side of this page (the No voters) don't sound very educated about firearms OR the 2nd amendment. If any of these people spent some real time with them or did a little research instead of having uneducated opinions it might make this poll a bit more accurate. A good, safe, person should be allowed to carry a gun anywhere and anytime he or she chooses. God bless us all, yes AND no voters.

• It should be up to the individual.

I'm not going to carry a gun, because I believe in GOD's protection. But I'm not going to stop others who feel safer with a gun in their possession. Concealed permits have been around for years. But now it's over publicized. Should have just kept it under wraps. Our main purpose is to keep our eyes on JESUS

• The Lord would not support guns.

Bringing a gun into a church is simply immoral. A church is supposed to be a sanctuary. You go to church to relax and find peace, and maybe ask God to forgive your sins. If you even needed a gun in church, the person you are defending your self from is completely insane. Any person willing to go into a church and attack people belongs in a mental institute.

• No way!

Someone might shoot people in churches. Why bother allowing it. The right to bare arms is only meant for hunting. So why even bother to bring a gun to church when you don't hunt in a church. Plus, shooting is unholy. Another reason why guns should not be allowed in churches.

• Guns are bad.

This is impossible to debate pro for because it is simply wrong in every possible way. Threatening to kill people is unholy, having a weapon of murder in a church is unholy and a bullet is definitely likely to shatter the holy stained glass. I shall conclude that this now has 50 words.

• Only Qualified Users should have guns. Those such as police officers who practice weekly and may be able to handle a panic shooting incident.

A non-qualified individual (an ccw with no other ongoing firearm training) trying to shoot the bad guy in a church full of worshippers may not turn out as the yes folks on th left expect. If an innocent person is injured or killed the lawsuit will be against the shooter and the church, and could effectively close the church due to financial losses.

When a massacre occurs, the perpetrator will have planned their actions and will have the drop on everyone in the church, he may have an assault rifle with multiple thirty plus round clips. Worshippers will probably be listening to the sermon and will be taken by surprise.

There is not a perfect solution in the times we live in. Jesus told his disciples to drop their swords (Matthew 26:52). This indicates that they were armed, but had a different calling in that situation. Jesus's kingdom was not of this world, where is your kingdom?

• But.... Why would you need to?

I don't see the point. There's no real reason to. There aren't many common situations that would require this so it's basically just carrying a piece of metal into a sacred building. Also, accidents could happen so let's just... Keep them outta the church, ok? Safety isn't on every weapon.

• Don't resist an evil person

Bringing a gun into a Christian church violates the instructions of Jesus in Matthew 5 when he says, "You have heard it said and eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but I tell you, Don't resist an evil person." There have been many attempts to explain why this verse doesn't mean what it says, but three centuries of Christian pacifism testify to a simple explanation. The American Christian church depends on guns because it has lost its trust in God.

• No

Although guns themselves aren't bad, we have no reason to take them with us in public. I think all guns should be left at home unless you're taking it to the shooting range. I don't believe in ANY gun control, but that doesn't mean I think people should bring guns into public places.

• Disrespectful plain and simple.

No, certain people need to remember this wasn't an attack on Christians. People who talk about peace and love all the time sure seem eager to strap up. The NRA loves it I'm sure. A lot of "Christians" spend Sundays spreading hate speech against gays, last thing they need is a gun to stroke being hypocrites.

• Too many unqualified gun carriers.

I have a lot of guns, I shoot a lot and I frequently carry; So I am definitely not anti-gun. Many of the people I know with carry permits are very incompetent. In a stressful situation I would not trust them to pick the correct target or hit what they are shooting at. They would make the situation worse.

• Reason for being in church

While some may argue that it is their right to carry (and it is) and they justify it wearing it by claiming they can protect everyone in case of emergency, I would counter that asking them these questions:
    - Does it honor God to have a gun with you in church?
    - Does it help/encourage/increase anyone else's worship experience?
    - Or does it distract focus from God and the reason for being in church?
    I can accept concealed because it then doesn't distract but I cannot accept and have not heard a reasonable, logical reason for open carry. That is totally unnecessary and draws attention to the carrier and away from God.
    I say all this as a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment and a strong believer in individual rights. But WWJD?