• Facts can prove it!

In recent years, schools that allow teachers to carry guns have not suffered from fatal school shootings. While there have been about one hundred forty school shootings since the year 2000, there has been no fatal school shootings in Utah. One possible reason for the lack of shootings in Utah is because teachers are allowed to carry concealed weapons. Someone who wants to cause pandemonium in a school with a gun, may think twice about doing that at a school where teachers could return fire. In the article “Experts speculate on why Utah has zero school-related shootings” Andrew Adams proposes that, “the fact the state has so many gun-friendly laws and concealed weapons permit holders may actually be a deterrent to these types of rampages.”

• Facts can prove it!

• Yes they should!!!

Only law-abiding citizens follow the gun laws. Google defines law as “the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.” Laws are made to set boundaries on what we can do. If everyone followed all the laws it would be great, but not everyone follows them. Those people who don’t follow laws don’t care if a school is a “Gun Free” zone. In fact, a sign that says “Gun Free” may even make a criminal more likely to attack the school, because they know they there is less of a chance of return fire. Someone who follows the gun laws would not bring a gun to a “Gun Free” area. These zones are hurting the law-abiding citizens, because it gets rid of their self-defence. “Gun Free” zone laws hurt the citizens instead of protect them. Although some people might say that we could just get rid of all the guns, this is not possible. The bad people will find a way to get a gun, and when they do those people who follow the law won't have a way to protect themselves.

• Yes it should!!!!!

Listen, in this day and age people are going to be terrible people. YOU cannot trust anyone AND theres mass amounts of bullying. KIDS should BE EDUCATED ABOUT GUNS BEFORE THEY GET THEM!!!!! BUT YES!!!! GUNS SHOULD MOST DEFINETLY BE ALLOWED!!!!! Teachers should to, incase students get out of hand.

• Super Terrible Idea

Guns allowed in school is a OUTRAGEOUS idea. The reason why this shouldn't happen is because if kids find about this Some* of them might actually try to STEAL the gun which will be a DISASTER!!! They might not tell their parents if they have a gun. They might even to try to SHOOT the gun somewhere. Like at home, public places and even at school.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

• No better to keep them out

No there should be no guns allowed in schools. Who are you going to trust with a gun? A teacher? Most teachers don't have that type of training and shouldn't be burdened with the extra worry about a gun and their students. The school is not a place for a gun.

• No, guns should not be allowed in school.

I do not think that guns should be allowed in school. I think that while there has been a lot of cases of gun violence and problems in school, it isn't something that I see will take care of the problem. I still see a lot of issues happening even if teachers were allowed to have guns.

• No need for guns in schools.

The only reason there should be a gun in school is if it is locked away in the dean/principals room with no way of student access. Having it any other way could make it possible for a student to gain access and do something silly. If a situation arrives where one is necessary, I could see the usefulness of having one there, but it should still be left to police to handle it.

• Not with students

With all fo the past and present school shootings, I do not have a problem with there being trained, professional armed support within the school. That being said, I do not feel students or faculty should be allowed to carry any kind of concealed weapon. It's just bad for moral.

• In General, No

I do not believe guns should be allowed in schools. Schools are suppose to support a neutral environment for education. I know guns personally make me nervous, and as a student, I would be nervous if I knew guns were around. I think we are better off without guns in schools.

• Guns have no place in school, even as a security measure.

Guns should not be permitted in schools. Even on-duty security and police officers should be required to remove their weapons before coming into schools. The presence of firearms on school property, even if they are intended for the security of the students, always pose a risk of ending up in the wrong hands. It is better to explore alternative ways of stopping and detaining unwanted visitors in a school.