• It is not academic.

I could not disagree more with this silly idea. Those who agree, like the rest of America, have forgotten what a school is: a place to learn. It is not a place to volunteer, to be more fit, to help the poor, or anything like that. It is a place to learn. Now, if the student wishes to take a PE class, it should count towards GPA, but if the student just grinds through the class and would rather have, say, an extra period of math, let the kid learn.

• Any Class Should Be Reflected in a GPA

If a physical fitness course is part of the required curriculum at a school, then the grade received for that class should be reflected in that student's GPA. Physical fitness and gym classes can offer just as much valuable information as some other basic courses in a curriculum and there is no reason to exclude those grades from a GPA.

• Gym is not just sports

Like someone above me gym isn't graded on your athletic ability at all, the grading system for most classes has to do with your participation and effort, so some say if you are obese it will hurt your grades, but no because it is based on participation. A kid might be the worst athlete ever but if he participates and shows that he's trying he'll get As.

• It is not academic.

• Not for anyone

I have asthma and I have a lot of problems with getting air especially when I'm outside, and it's made me feel bad about myself. I don't have to have PE anymore because my new state doesn't require it. I was actually fatter when I was in PE because it made me hate physical activity. It made me feel like less of a person and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I hope others can understand what I went through.

• No it shouldnt.

Gym is not academic class and should not affect a student's GPA. Some students are not as athletically inclined as others and due to this receive a lower grade. I do not think that they should be penalized for not being athletic and have gym class take a toll on their GPA.

• Gym is a waste.

Gym has nothing to do with the fact or reason kids attend school: For education. If anything is not worth learning, like gym, I don't think that there is a potential need to have gym averaged and counted toward a student's grade point average/GPA. Gym is basically an unfair reflection on something that is not even academic.

• No no no

Kids these days don't need these things. They need to know how to build something to do it for them. I do agree kids should be able to do a little bit of physical stuff but they dont need it. Why not replace this useless clas with robotics or extend classes. Also the teachers are agressive and sexist. They go hard on the boys and let the girls slip away. Compare them to a math teacher and the math teacher is a whole lot nicer. They also believe we should be able to run 2.5 miles in 20 minutes but most obese and underweight kids can't. They also choose favorites whom they choose to be the demo for everything and not let others have a chance. Please, GIVE US BETTER PE OR TAKE IT AWAY COMPLETELY!

• The class itself is pointless

Everyone takes gym as a joke, and we get graded on dressing and wearing sneakers. We don't actually learn anything. We don't take tests. We basically get graded on our attitudes (which is always annoyed or irritated because most of us hate the class) and how we dress. Productive isn't it?