Should gym class be separated into boys and girls gym classes?

Asked by: Sorry_Not_Sorry
  • A lot of boys like to take over the sports especially when there older

I feel that schools should really separate girls and boys in gym classes because when you have a mix of boys and girls in gym sports the boys take over and control it. I'm not saying that its for every boy because I know for a fact that some boys try to incorporate girls into the many sports but the majority of boys either don't because were girls or don't because they don't care. I know this doesn't relate to all girls but to girls who are athletic like me and who what to participate in gym like me, it means a lot. Plus if schools do this then more girls will actually be involved with the sport whether they want to or not.

• Yes it should be.

Gym is a place for gaining physical strength, not to show your 'sexy' body. In mixed sessions, you will find boys usually focused on girls' private parts rather than exercise. It is to me, insulting for both boy and girl. There is a saying 'If character is lost, everything is lost'. Intentionally wearing sexually provocative dresses in these institutions to attract boys is not an indication of a good character. Boys looking at girls without concentrating on the exercise. So, it is better to separate the two.

• Hhhhhhhh hhhhh hhhh

H h h h h h hb h n jm gikt bigbjgbn h h h h hh h h h h hh h h h 1738 1738 1738 h h hh h g g g g f d a d h j j k h 1738 1738 1738 1738 1738

• Iagjbfpiuvbiufbibiu w gyrryeg

Rhfew9qjfuh ruh rruehg hu gg gwn gf g f g t rt t tr r r tr r r r g g g fd gh fh h dg g re y hg f5 g g r5 gt rent re r tg t r t tt4i3fgjg gy yrhe fgh f gybhy t rhjqa 17173838

• Ncvujhdfnovhnoueroiuhagiofvjoiuwreio fehfniufwui jwehbiufhiufhiu

Y yuug yg yugg yu gy gh h bjhy byy b b bb b b bb b b b b b bb b b b bb b byhu biub bub b b b bhb b bh bh uy g y hy y h bb b b b b by yh

• There wouldn't be interaction between them

If both males and females don't interact between them, they won't be able to work with people the opposite gender with them when they start working in the outside world. So, this would be a good opportunity to strengthen the bond between males and females. In the future, if males and females don't interact with each other, there might be a modification in hormones and might even cause population decline!

• They should definitely not be separated.

As a female student myself, I feel that I am missing out on vital learning experiences such as team building skills that come from sports such as football, basketball and rugby. However, for whatever reason I am forced to do dance, table tennis and gymnastics. I am quite happy with these activities but I would love to play basketball with the boys or even play football with the girls. We are being limited to stereotypical sports because of our gender, which is something not everyone can do very much about. This could lead to gender prejudice in the future. If teachers really cared about whether we are respectful, intelligent adult they would embed in our minds how to do so from a young age. Furthermore, the excuse that if boys and girls were I'm mixed groups, the boys would be too distracted by the developing female body is ridiculous. Not all men are mindless zombies that only want sex and that by mixing the genders you are allowing girls to be harassed. This is barbaric.
    What about homosexual boys? Why aren't we separateing them from the boys, for fear that they will hit on other boys, or even in the hope that by surrounding them with girls in provocative outfits, it will turn them straight? The same can be said for lesbians. Moreover, if you are worried about boys gawking at the girls in their tiny gym shorts, then change the uniform. I personally agree with uniform because it strengthens communities. Make the shorts longer, and the shirts fit properly. Girls go through puberty differently to boys and they grow things such as breasts that are new and strange. They cannot change this point in their lives. Let them develop the way they are meant to and don't judge them into thinking that they must dress a certain way. Women are over sexualised enough; don't do it to you children too. I could go on for so much longer but I'll leave you with this.