• Why hats should be allowed

Okay, now in this I am going to bring up 3 main points people use when supporting this the no hat rule, and then I will tell you why they are completely ridiculous. Sound good? Okay. FIRST POINT. One of the most common arguments for the no hat rule is that someone could keep contraband on their person under a hat, and to that I say, I could keep contraband in my shoe. I could keep it in a purse or in my pockets or my sleeves, I could probably even keep contraband in my book bag or locker. My point it, the hat is not the only way to hide something that shouldn't be in the building. If anything it is a terrible option for doing so because you have to walk with perfect posture and actively balance whatever you are sneaking in. That in itself is extremely suspicious and can lead to someone getting caught easily. Why ban one of the hardest methods of sneaking in contraband through clothing while keeping the easier and more reliable methods? POINT NUMBER 2. Another arguement I see a lot is the "But it's tradition" arguement. To that I say, do yout know when the no hat rule was conceived? The second we had both hats and buildings, I'd say. Now incase you aren't aware, that can be ancient Egypt. Society has changed a lot since this rule was first imposed, and I think it is time we get rid of the stupid crap that our great (x100) grand parents made in order to help THEIR society. I don't know if you see it, but this society is different from 30,000 years ago. Yet we are still using random rules imposed for a society that didn't have what we have. Didn't have the knowledge or the diversity we have. Cmon guys, move on. POINT NUMBER 3. "It's disrespectful" now this one is the one I think it most ridiculous. If you see someone wearing a hat inside, does that offend you. Does that trigger you? If it does then you might need a little more help than my statement to help you in more ways than one. I mean, the only reason you think that is because someone told you it was. How about you decide if you are "disrespected" by something by yourself and not let your parents tell you what offends you. I rest my case.

• Freedom of expression

I believe that America is taking away people's rights. Students should be allowed to wear a hat as long as it doesn't distract them or others from learning. United States is supposedly a free country and so it should quit taking away people's rights. Where do we draw the line?

• This rule is stupid #freedomofexpression

You are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat you are cool if you wear a hat

• It is ridiculous that they wont let us wear hats.

All of the arguments against hats are for the most part a load pf BS. Its disrespectful? How its just a hat. Lice? Well just discourage hat sharing and if the students still do it its at their own risk. Distracting? Well not all hats are distracting, as long as its not a giant hat such as a sombrero than it wouldn't be too distracting. If the hat has a phallic symbol or is not school appropriate than it makes sense not to allow it, but as long as its a perfectly inoffensive hat than it should be fine.

• Oh yeah, totally

There really is no point in not doing so. I think everybody else has said enough to explain, but I'll go ahead and say that the lice argument is ridiculous. Don't prohibit hat sharing, just discourage it. If students share hats afterwards, it's at their own risk. Also, words words.

• What's the deal with hats?

As a student and a millennial we didn't grow up with the same rules as the teachers might have. This is something I've always wanted to know, what's so wrong about wearing a hat in school. If it's part of who you are and how you dress, why should you have to take it off. Are they distracting? I don't think so.

• Hats don't hurt anyone

Not allowing hats is absurd and the logic behind it makes no sense. Some say that it affects behavior but I am an honors student who rarely gets in trouble except the occasional wearing a hat in school because I forget I have it on when I walk in. Others say that you could hide your face or maybe hide things in the hats and that doesn't make sense because unless you're wearing a sombrero I don't think that you'll be able to hide your face and I can hide things in my backpack or pockets so that argument is invalid. Now hoods I can understand about hiding their face but hats are different. Lastly some older adults or people grown up in the south believe that wearing hats in the building is disrespectful but this originates from Christianity and last time I checked we were making school an all religions welcome so I don't understand why this rule still applies.

• We should be allowed to wear hat's

We should be allowed to wear hat's because they allow us to express ourselves and school's don't actually have eny good reason's why we can't wear hat's. They say we can't wear hat's because they can't see our face or because we're covering up lice and crazy stuff like that but that's crap next they'll be saying we can't wear pants because it causes zebras to molest baby's and stuff like that. So stop being douchebags and let us we're hat's.

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes you happy now?

• Helps me see

As a guy with long hair I usually can't see very well if I don't have a way to hold up my hair. I have trouble using Ponytails and bandannas, while a hat can be easily applied and/or used. I may not need one but it sure would be nice to use one.

• There ugly and no respect

Gang colors there no respect hiding guns and drugs there is so much and i got to say no and people think there cool because they wear hats they have bad things on them . Teachers don't like them either. Some people make fun of people have really ugly hats.

• No hats rule is a safer environment

Hats allow a person to go unseen in the view of a security camera. A person who violates school protocol can commit the act in plain view of cameras without their identity being outed. Naturally kids can try to push boundaries in the school, getting into other's lockers or breaking into a classroom. Hiding under a hat could make these acts easier to get away with.

• Hats keep head heat in

If you are wearing a hat you have less chance of getting sick. Because you lose most of your from your head if your wearing a hat it keeps the heat in your head allowing you to get sick less. Getting sick is bad because you vomit have a fever and feel terrible

• Hats in general should not be allowed as an everyday thing for schools

Hats in a learning environment could cause distractions in the classroom. For example, a hat can fall off or be snatched off of someones head at anytime during a class discussion or a directional activity. A hat can also be a distraction by it being too tall or too vibrant to the student sitting behind whoever has the hat. Hats can carry lice and other bugs or can be unsanitary to the next person to wear the hat.

• Respect and etiquette

It is an old military tradition that started to respect the monarchy. It is still done in the military , in government buildings, in a house of worship, schools, funerals, libraries and during a parade if a national flag passes. Out of respect and etiquette we carry this tradition on. Society has these rules like holding a door open or saying thank you. We could live without them but our society works better with them.

• They should be banned

The Manteca Unified Board of Trustees, Deborah Romero asked why kids aren't allowed to wear beanies. Teachers think it’s a distraction to the kids and the teachers when they are trying to teach. Schools have a no hat rule, partially because the different colors represent gangs. Teachers tell the students to take off their beanies, but why? Many people have gone deeper into this rule, to find that one of the reasons wearing hats is banned is because when you take off your hat, it is a sign of respect. A music teacher decided to investigate this. One night, she went to her elementary’s music program. She saw that many people were wearing hats. She observed that the “behavior” levels were more disruptive. More people got up during the program, and more people let their children get up and mess around. This is what happens because people wear hats.

Many teens and even younger kids wonder why they can’t wear hats in school. Well, the answer is simple. Wearing hats is disrespectful. It can also represent gang logos or pictures to identify who is in their group. Also, wearing hats sideways can show gangs. Many people have found that teens have cheated on tests because they pull their hat down, and they have the answers to the questions inside. Nowadays, we think of so many things to do that are wrong, we now have to ban hats. We cheat with hats, we represent gangs with hats and the ways we wear them. How have we come up with so many ways to do bad things, so that we cannot enjoy just a small hat? One school surveyed one hundred students, and only four answered that they didn't want to have hats worn inside. Forty- nine said that they didn’t care, and forty-seven surveyed that they wanted hats to be allowed to be worn inside. Many people are not aware of the effects of teens wearing hats or what they can represent. These little things caused us to ban hats.

We have many reasons we don't allow hats. One is because of head lice. When the teachers see a student scratching their head, then they start thinking ‘why are they wearing their hats in school. A reason why they wear the hats may be because they have the case ‘bed head. That is no good reason for them to wear hats, or beanies, for that matter. The other reason is that the teacher thinks that if some of her students have lice, they shouldn't share hats. Beanies are also associated with gangs. Initials, colors, and graffiti are some of the things that are used for gangs. These are on beanies, hats, and clothing. These are among some of the many reasons that we ban hats and beanies from dress codes.

• No, hats should not be allowed in school.

Hats should not be allowed in school, because they can be distracting when present in a classroom. The shadow a brimmed hat can cause can also make it difficult for a teacher to see if students are paying close attention during a class lecture. Perhaps one of the main reasons they shouldn't be allowed is that they are a very casual or sporty accessory, and may encourage kids not to take school seriously.

• They should be banned

They should be banned because if people have lice and they want to switch their hats they could get sick. So they would not would not be able to come to school and learned. Some schools have security cameras and with a hat they could go unseen. Some people like to cheat with the answers on hats.

• Just adding on

I hope you have a good day and then you can go back to school from your school or iPad and your phone and you can tell them how it works and then they can go to Jacob then they have a school and find them and then you show them you have something.NOW IM ADDING ON TO WHAT I SAID IN MY LAST ANSWER: I would rather have sex with my sister than wear a hat and get distracted and bad grades.

• Hats are distracting

I am a kid and I think that it's bad to wear hats in school. Kids could have things like toys are something distracting. They would also just look silly wearing a hat around school. Also what if it's a cowboy hat or something like that and somebody thinks that your are in a gang or something then you will be in trouble.