• My opinion.. Why.

As you know, not everyone can afford medical/insurance. Think about all of the children out there who are sick, and the parents can’t afford to take them to the hospital, they are buying them over the counter medicine, which isn’t working, that child is getting deathly ill. Now the parent is forced to take their child to the hospital and now they have more stress added to their plate, what’s wrong with their child and how are they going to pay for all of the treatments. What if someone has cancer, the treatments are very costly, and I didn’t know money was more valuable than someone’s life. There are some hospitals that will accept people with no medical, and there are some where they will ship you away because you are costing them too much debt. The hospitals that do accept patients with no credit end up sending a humongous hospital bill, with a certain amount of time to pay it off. Common sense is that the person doesn’t have medical because they are short on funds, they have enough money to pay the bills and keep food in their children’s mouths, nothing extra. Also some people, like my grandmother, did not go to the hospital because they did not have medical and couldn’t afford any extra charges, they stay home suffering, until it’s too late and there is no saving them. If hospitals would’ve been free or even twenty dollars a visit, nothing too expensive, she would still be here right now, it’s not fair to my family and I that we lost someone so close to us because of money, and it’s not fair to her that her life is over, because her sickness was too strong. Here’s an example, your five year old daughter, let’s say, starts off with a cough, no big deal, you can just bring her to the store and get her medicine. Two weeks later, the cough is still there, but now she has other symptoms, you keep trying to heal her by giving her soup, a lot of fluid, and medicine, for it to only get worse. Now one day she is in bed and you go to check on her and she’s nonresponsive, you’re shaking her and she’s not budging. Now she’s at the hospital and they are doing all kinds of surgery on her to save her life, where is the money coming from? You know you cannot afford it? What do you do? Ignore the bill and become in debt or lose your house or have your lights turned off because you are paying off a bill by a certain time, with money that you don’t have. Step into the shoes of people who don’t have much the little bit of money they make, just think about how it would be if you don’t have medical, no help or anything, think about it like it was happening to you. Hospitals should be free or a very inexpensive amount

• Right to life and right to health.

Some people live in a society in when they are diagnosed cancer, the first thought that comes across is the cost. We live in a fucked up society if that's the first thought. In medical issues that effect someone's life long-term (e.G. Eye sight) or seriously (e.G. Cancer), health care should be free.

I don't believe in socialism or communism, but human life should have the fundamental right to live a life free of fear of disease or disorders.

• Health care is mandatory! Free for all, with some exceptions...

Health care is something everybody needs. A price should not be put on someone's life, the 2 do not compare. It is a terrible thing that we should pay such large quantities of money to things that may not even help! 64 million Americans cannot afford health care and I believe that that is too much. The prices should either be very small or completely free. I do however think that some people who intentionally do something against their health, should not be given more than 1 unpaid surgery. Ex. If an alcoholic needed a liver transplant, he would receive one. But if after the surgery he kept drinking and drinking and had damaged his liver once more, than his next transplant should require a cost.

• We should have free health care

Some people in this world may be really sick but at the same time they might not have enough money to pay for their medical stuff.
    People should not have to be able to pay for doctors or nurses to help them with their health.
    My opinion is that us should stand for whats right in this world.

• Much too expensive

The enormous cost of health care is paid for by the tax and national health insurance payers and always has been..It is mainly free to most folk ,those who do not and never have paid anything into the system. Yet too much is wasted on the takers taking, and stupid expensive operations for 90% implant jobs,transgender jobs,gastric bands for lazy people. Nothing is free, too many people want free all the while.

• Shutup m j

Shutup n n n n n n n n nn n n nn n n n n nn nn n nn n nn n n n n nn n nn n nn n n nn n nn nn n nn n n nn n n nn n n nn n n

• YES, it should.

Health care, should it be free everywhere? Staying healthy is necessary to live. Of course it should be free, absolutely everywhere. But why should it be free? Sure, the government needs you to pay taxes but you should not be paying them through health care.
    Health care needs to be a right and not a privilege. If you are living in poverty, falling ill with a curable disease may be fatal, as you could not be able to pay the medical expenses. Turning someone away due to not having money is outrageous! Money is hard to obtain if your sick or not. It may be hard to get a job if you did not go to college or university. People may not be able to go to college because they can't afford it, so why would they be able to afford health care? If they could afford college, and get a job, that doesn't mean they can pay a bill of 1 000 dollars for health care. What if they spent all their money to go to college? Clearly health care needs to be free.
    Having a relative die because an expense not being able to pay is just not okay, in fact its horrible! Without free health care, many kids will suffer. Put yourself in a mother or fathers shoes. Imagine your own child dying due to an expense you can't pay. Now imagine a loved relative dying. Doesn't that sound terrible? But if everywhere had free health care, the death rate would go down and less relatives would die.
    Health care should be free because many would be relieved to know that they can go to the doctors anytime without having to pay anything. This would take stress away from people so they can live in peace. People could be happy knowing their health care is free.
    Without free health care, millions would die, including your relatives. You may not have enough money to pay for your relative to live. So in conclusion, many lives are in jeopardy due to no free health and you may not be able to pay for your own health care. Health care needs to be free.

• Of course yes!!!

I mean yes it would raised taxes!! But, really thousands or hundred thousands of kids and adults die each year because they an not afford it!! And that is just Crazy!! Quote by Brad Pitt "don't let is be the ones who day no to a child who dies ever 3 seconds just simply because they do not have the money"

• Of course yes!!!

• I think it should be free.

First at all, not many people is this world has the ability to pay the medical fees. If you see someone is really illl but can't afford the fees, the government just stand beside let them die? I would consider it's unmoral and inhuman. Also, we are paying tax, namely, is also paying for our health care. Overall, the government should give free health care.

• Badly worded question

I believe in universal health care and a single payer system. But the question asks if it should be free. In that system it is not free because it is paid for by tax dollars that everyone (in the workforce) would contribute. So it would not be free. It would be like a health insurance plan where everyone is in the pool.

• Many can afford it anyway

Why should people pay taxes to support the free health care system for those who can afford it anyway? Taxes saved after health care becomes means tested could be spent on other things, such as research into better medication, for instance, or into better health education, so as to save the country from a population that is ignorant of what is and what isn't healthy to eat. It could also be spent on free exercise regimes...How about a free zumba session in a mall or a free workout in a park?

• Bo way people

No it should not If health care be free then how can a doctor earn money and make a living? On the other hand many people die each year because they don't have enough money to pay and treat their illness . Then in my idea each government should give doctors an amount of money and of course a place to work in and treat the illness of poor people

• No it should not

If health care be free then how can a doctor earn money and make a living? On the other hand many people die each year because they don't have enough money to pay and treat their illness . Then in my idea each government should give doctors an amount of money and of course a place to work in and treat the illness of poor people

• No free health care

I am no expert on political issues since I am a only teenager but I believe that health care should not be free for everyone. Most people out there who will read this will probably tell themselves that this kid wants some people to go without a necessity of life, they would be wrong. What I do not want is the government controlling the health care. I believe that if a person cannot afford health coverage, that he or she should search for financial aid from the community they lives in. Also, as a member of that community, one should help as much as possible and not blow that person off thinking someone else will help them. I am not a stranger to the people in my community who truly need free health care, many of my friends need it. However, the government has a hard enough time making a website for their health care plan and I, for one, do not want to put my life in their hands.

• Taxes will raise

Health care could not be free because it will never be free. Even if we make it affordable to everyone in america it will never be "free" because we will have to find a way to cover the cost... And every indication points to this being covered by taxes being raised.

• No, health care should not be free.

Nothing in life is "free." Health care services that a person doesn't pay for might seem "free" to that person, but it is being paid for by someone else. Any good or service that a person receives should be paid for, and the person should now how much it costs. A problem in the American healthcare system is that because of government healthcare (Medicaid and Medicare) and low insurance co-pays, people are completely out of touch with the true and exorbitant cost of healthcare.

• To much money

Money africa is 9je k k m m m m mm m u kmtm mo m 8ir5 m mr mtuj4 m75 mi mrytm j mtyhm kjm ghm k myuk mg mhk mey8m m muk m mrw m mrtm h mry mj mkyjmm etje mtyje m mjemmey myje mrh mwer mth m m

• To much money

• To much money

Anonymous says2013-03-14T17:36:06.840
Health care should be free