Should high school and college students be drug tested?

• Yes they should

Do you want the future of the world to kill them selves? Yes it is there problem but do they need to take care of it all by there selves? I don't think we should let this generation die by drugs. We should at least help them out with there problem.

• Yes so they can receive help sooner

If a high school or college student is having problems with drugs, they should not be punished but should be required to attend programs to help them stop the addiction so it does not overtake their life. The testing shouldn't be to ban a student from school or an activity but only to help the student turn around their life.

Posted by: jus
  • If you're innocent, why freak?

There's nothing to be afraid of if you're innocent of taking drugs. It would save a lot of problems in school if everyone was drug tested. A lot of addictions that start in college continue on to destroy people's lives. Drugs are a real problem and I think they should be dealt with.

• Drug Testing for High School and College Players

High school and college athletes should be tested for drugs and performance enhancing substances. Currently, many of these athletes do undergo somewhat frequent drug testing, so these programs should be expanded. More and more high school and college athletes are choosing to take banned substances in order to compete at a higher level.

• Drug test shold be done only when needed

Yes, in some cases, I believe that students should be drug tested. If there is a reason to believe that the student is utilizing drugs, then they should be tested, but only with the consent of their parent. In some cases such as sports, students are taking drugs in order to improve their performance, this is not fair and illegal, so yes they should be tested to ensure that rules and regulations are being followed.

• High school and college students be drug tested.

It's important that students not be under the influence of drugs when they are at school. Teachers should administer drug tests in order to identify and punish students who may be using. Regular testing will also deter students from using drugs in the future. This will keep our schools safe.

• Fffrdfdfdfrfrdsdsdddfsds doffed for dfdfd

I j I. Ju j j j j I. It k k k I just I Kiki. Mi. Ju. I'm u j ju immunizing I'm in mum I. Minimum minimum I m I'm , I, I'm. I'm ,I,I . I. M I'm I'm,I ,I. I'm min. ,I I'm m k

• Yes it should

Drug Testing for High School and College Players High school and college athletes should be tested for drugs and performance enhancing substances. Currently, many of these athletes do undergo somewhat frequent drug testing, so these programs should be expanded. More and more high school and college athletes are choosing to take banned substances in order to compete at a higher level

• There should be more drug tests in high school and college sports.

There should be more drug testing in high schhol and college sports because of the following resons:
    1. Health Risks - Performance enhancers, like steroids and other forms of doping, have a negative effect on long-term health. For then users of these enhancers are hurting themselves in the long run without short-term rewards from athletic competition, as long as competitors also use harmful enhancers. This is the main rationale for trying to ban steroids and other forms of doping from athletic competitions.
    2. Unfair – This is unfair to all the teams because if Team A takes steroids to increase their playing level it is unfair to Team B because they are doing the right thing. When Team A wins it goes on Team B records, which cannot be changed. After people find out that Team A took steroids it is not fair to Team B because they were beat and they weren’t playing the “real” team.
    3. Role Models - For many male high school athletes, pro athletes are major influences. They are the role models. They choose the jersey numbers of their favorite professional players. They like their style of play. And they are influenced by their drug use. When a professional athlete admits to using steroids, the message young athletes hear is not always the one that is intended. Young athletes often believe that steroid use by their role models gives them permission to use. That it is simply part of what one must do to become an elite athlete. Also when the fans find out that someone did drugs or took steroids to increase performance soon they will do it too. Studies show that people who are fans of a person or team that took drugs or steroids, a percentage of fans also took them too.

• For students safety

They have to be drug tested because if they dont that could lead to death or cancer.Parents should be more in the know about their kids too because students never tell their parents anything. Sometimes kids think they are cool taking drugs like gang related.PEOPLE HAVE TO STOP THAT KNOW!!!

• They should not.

High school and college students should not be drug tested. Kids who are in high school should not be drug tested because it is up to their parents to be sure that they are not using drugs. College students should not be drug tested because they are adults and have the right to choose if they use drugs or not.

• Not your right

It is not the right of high schools or colleges to drug test their students. What students do in their own free time is their own business, and if their drug use becomes a problem with their academic performance, that is on the student. Discriminating students for not living the lifestyle you want them to lead will get us nowhere.

• No only if an athlete

Only high school and college athletes should be drug tested. To test the rest of the student population is not needed and can be viewed as an invasion of privacy. Athletes are choosing to play a sport in return they are agreeing to be subjected to a drug test if needed.

• Its a waste

As long as the substances in question are not on campus or being abused on campus, then it is none of the schools business. I think it is ok if a straight A student smokes a bowl now and then to relax. As long as Marijuana is included then I am against it.

• What Would This Accomplish?

What exactly would be the goal of drug testing students? The student is PAYING to attend an institution that will educate that individual in order to prepare that person for their future life. Part of that experience is finding out what kind of limitations that person is comfortable with and expanding their horizons. This COULD include experimentation with drugs. As long as this activity is not actively or directly interfering with others' rights to receive the same education, there's really no reason for drug testing.

• No

I do not think that testing kids in middle school will keep them from doing drugs. A lot of kids really do not care what people think. It may help some kid from doing drugs and maybe help them stop using them. I do think high school is a little bit too late to start drug testing students only because there are some that already started younger or none that do them at all. I do think that drug testing should be required. I think the age they should start drug testing kids is the age of 13. I do not think that it is an invasion of privacy if you do a sport but if you don’t so a sport then they should have to drug test a student. I think that schools require kids that do sports get drug tested because if they are doing drugs their body may not fuction they

• Drug testing students that are not involved in sports is an infringement.

I do understand drug testing student athletes for performance enhancing drugs, but that is just about where I draw the line. If THC (marijuana) were eliminated from the drug tests, it may be a different story for students who go to trade school. As long as marijuana is a factor that causes someone to fail a drug test, no one should be tested.

• Unfair

I think unless a student has signed something saying that will not take drugs, they shouldn't have to be drug tested. That would be too much regulation on our population. However if they agree to not take drugs if they are either on a sports team or are in an influential position, then they can be drug tested, but why would we drug test high school and college students for no reason other than just to make sure they're not doing it.

• No its not a good thing to do!

No they should not be drug tested because the parents that pay for their kids to go to school don't pay for them to be drug tested. The parents do not pay for them to go to school to be treated like there on probation's if the kids are on probation then ok but if not then no or it should be up to the parents or if the kids have previously been in trouble for drugs.

• I think it is not fair to the students

I believe that it is a unfair regulation and if students want to ruin their life than they should go ahead and do as they please, now if they promise to not take the drug than I believe they should get it tested. I think students are old enough to know what to do and what not to do, Its a waste to go through every student to drug tested.