Should high school athletes be required to be on the honor roll to play?

• Student will get more scholarships

Students will take more pride in school and on the field. Colleges will know that student is smart and athletic. Student will try harder in school to play sports. You should work hard to play hard right. Colleges will benefit more by knowing that they can scout a kid and know that kid has good grades and would benefit more.

• Student will get more scholarships

• Student will get more scholarships

• Yes colleges would want to give more scholarships

Because the student would work hard to play hard shows dedication to that sport so colleges would see that a student is smart and a good athlete. I also believe that students will do better in school because of this. Students may take more pride i what they do at school and on the field.

• They should b

Yes they should they have to work hard to play bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bbbb b b b b b b b bb b bbbbb b b b b b b b b b

• Ye ehahahaha ye

Ye i was like ye dog haha ye my niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii haha ye bcuz i was like ye bcuz yukkem was like ye and yukkem is ye a vu and yukkem is a gansta like snoop dog ahahaha d o double g ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye ye

• Ye ehahahaha ye

• Grades are more important

Grades are way more important them some sports . I love sport but also need good grades . You need good grades to back you up and to help you with going to college . You need good grades to become pro and go to college . Grades are more important

• No beacause students get more stress.

YES yes s s s s s s w sw s ws w sw s ws w rfc r r cvr vr cr c r w e se s e e ded d ed e de de de d ed e d d ddmek dede edededededdd d d d d

• School over sports

If they're that serious about sports, they should be serious about school too. They don't know what's coming: college. College will not always give you the chance to be in their teams, but if they see you're a good student, you have good grades and you're focused on both, they'll put you in for sure.

• I don't care for sports

But I seriously have a problem with how we keep limiting opportunities more and more with everything we do. I understand the demanding requirements which may be needed to be a doctor, but football? Guys, are we really being serious? I think it's bad enough that we literally have people paying money to get jobs and then we overwork them for four years before they even get a paycheck, but we're really going too far with this. If someone wishes to be a football player, how would demanding them to waste their time on other matters be beneficial for anyone?

'Oh, you want to work hard to be an athlete? Sorry kiddo, now you have to work harder in academics as well which will probably eat up all your time instead. Haha, have fun.'

Here's a question: Why do we have such high expectations and standards for people to throw a ball around, but absolutely none for people like politicians?

• Ability in football should have nothing to do with ability in academics

Someone who does very poorly in school may be very gifted at something such as football. Honor roll is maintaining A's and B's. Having one C in a subject does not determine how well someone does in school, and the sport may not be the reason they are doing terrible. The way I see it, extracurricular activities such as athletics actually teach you valuable things that you need to know in life, such as teamwork.

• Con i am against the pros

No, because playing football can actually in courage high school students to put there effort in the class work that is given to them.Also once they take that from them it would make theyre grades drop twice as much as they all ready are. Like myself I am determined to put my best effort in so that i can play football.

• Good lord no

Sports arent just an activity that are taken up by the smart as a mere hobby that is to be played when they arent studying, for millions of people, sports are the only path into admission into college and the only way one could go from a low-income life to one of massive wealth is often through sports..... People shouldnt be required to be on the honor roll to play in a sport because that just further stacks the odds of advancing onwards in life that much starker

• Shouldnt be required

I think it is just added on pressure to play and more stress. Thats a perfectly capable athlete not able to play the sport they love simply because of not being on the honor roll. They could be an excellent student but cant because of a simple labe of bein on the honor roll.

• Lets be Reasonable:

Of course the majority of High School athletes are not going to be playing in the NFL or MLB one day and they need to be getting an education so that they can be well prepared. That is the reason for school, (not just to participate in sports contrary to some’s beliefs.) However there are better ways to help students keep their grades up. It is unfair to expect every single athlete to do so because every individual has a different capacity for learning. Some people need somewhere to thrive and build confidence as well. It would be great if that place was Biology class but it just is not for the most of them. Grades should play a role in allowing players to be eligible, but holding them to a standard of the honor role is too much.

• No I Don't Agree

Less than 50% actually get honor rolls, so that means LESS THAN HALF OF THE AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL WILL NOT GO TO COLLEGE IT WOULD BE IRRATIONAL FOR THAT RULE TO PLAY. Students also use sports as a stress reliever, so like i said it would be irrational for this rule to exist.

• Bd d d d d d

D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• Suck my cock niggers

I have a big cock that needs sucking so any middle schoolers down to be raped and fucked? Fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no vv