Should high school students be able to vote to fire teachers?

Asked by: DTPhenom
  • Teachers are bums

They have no money and live on the streets and they are annoying and are trash at ball they can't guard me ill cross them up so bad trust me on that even tho you don't know me you should still trust me i'm better than you too good bye......

• Yes, they should.

Let me get my point clear: I'm not saying that teachers should be fired on the whim of a couple high school students who think that a given teacher is lazy, gives too much homework, or uses too much perfume. As a high school student, I know how teenagers are; they can like a teacher one day, and be complaining about them the next.

But I do believe high schoolers are most aware of a teacher's flaws, and other traits which prevent teachers from fully making use of the students' time. I believe there should be an anonymous survey in where students can rant/complain/praise teachers. And if a teacher stands out (whether it be that they're great or terrible), the school admin should investigate further.

If the school admin deems that the teacher is inadequate, they should fire them.

Nobody knows the teachers like the students do.

• High school students should not be able to vote on whether if teachers should or should not get fired.

One reason why I say this is because student's can choose to abuse the system if they want to and can easily fire a teacher who had spent hard work throughout their living and in college. Another reason why I say this is because the teacher's that are the hard core one's are the type that will get through the lessons which some student's in school may hate. This includes the student's hatred for the teacher to get easily fired because of their dislike against the teacher instead of focusing on their behavior and the skills and use of language that they use.

• Taking an unfair advantage

Schools shouldn't have this system because, there are manipulative students in schools that will go to large extents to get rid of a certain teacher. They will ask or pay or blackmail students for help to get rid of the teacher, however, this teacher might be doing a fantastic job preparing them for the future.

• Taking an unfair advantage

• High schoolers are not competent enough to solve such matters. Many great teachers would lose their jobs.

Most high school kids simply do not have the mental capacity to make appropriate decisions on matters of this nature. There is no doubt that students would abuse this system to simply get rid of teachers that they are not fond of. Plenty of students would like to see teachers go just because they give too much homework, for example. I do agree that students should be able to voice their opinions about their teachers, but the final decision must be in the hands of the school's administration.

• Nope. Good teachers are usually the ones no one likes because they are strict.

Some teachers are strict and work on student discipline. Allowing students to get rid of them would be easily abused. You could have some students offering money to others to get them to get rid of a teacher they don't like. Or maybe everyone will get rid of the hard teachers.

Putting a teachers job at risk because of a bunch of students, most of which have no interest in the class, is just stupid. The administration should take proper insight and review the teachers actions to see if they should get fired, but they shouldn't leave it up to a bunch of kids to decide for them. Then, it will not be about teaching, but it will be about making the kids happy so you don't get fired.

• Not at all

Students would abuse the system and try to get any teacher they don't like fired. It happens all the time even without and actual system in place. It wouldn't work at all, but especially not if it was an anonymous poll. That would result in students getting ALL the teachers fired in an attempt to get out of classes or to prove a point.

• Abuse of system

There is strong reason to suggest that such a voting system, whether that be anonymous serveys or through student email, would be abuse. Also, consider that many students would vote to fire teachers for minuscule or ridiculous reasons. Any school who partakes in this policy risks being torn apart in their faculty.