Should high school students be allowed to wear their preferred hairstyles in school?

• It shows character

Girls should be able to wear their hair down because it shows character and maturity. How girls wear their hair to school doesn't affect how they learn or think nothing changes apart from their appearance and sometimes confidence as many of my friends have told me that the feel much more comfortable and confident as having their hair down hides their "flaws" or just makes them feel better in general and i completely agree with them because i feel like my hair hides the fact that my face is kind of chubby and it hides some of my acne too, my hair is like my safety blanket and not having it down to make me feel better about myself makes me feel anxious and i'm constantly worried about how i look throughout most of the day. So in conclusion girls should be able to wear their hair down because it doesn't change how they learn but it also helps with self image and confidence.

• Whats so bad about designs

What is it that schools don't allow hair designs. I understand their worries about gang related designs and of inappropriate designs but that's why they should address the kids with those certain designs not the kids with just a normal good looking design. There really is nothing wrong with hair designs a student should be allowed to cut his hair as she/he pleases. Now yes there are also certain extant to a hair design. I'm talking about simple single shaped design and something small that does not cover your whole head.

• Come on school really

We should be able to choose what hair style we have equal rights like teachers, teachers at my school have crazy hair colours (private school) I just recently joined this school and the uniform lady told me to cut out all the blond out of my hair I had it for 2 years and I loved it like that so we should do something about and band the rule it’s nuts

• Teachers are not the parents.

Its the parents job to make their children be self sufficient. Its the parents job to teach the culture to their kids. If the culture or religion requires you to grow your hair, you should have that right. Teachers are not part of that families culture or religion. Teachers are only chosen to teach reading writing, arithmetic, science and history. But history is questionable, since it is censored.

• Freedom of expression

Studying in a nation renowned institution I've seen many stupid people, The Authority of our school has once pointed out to a studious guy and said he scores As because he has a decent haircut, my hair in the front is shorter than 2 inches yet I've been told to cut my hair. In a democratic society, there must be no obstruction for people to express themselves. My hair will not absorb the cells of my brain making my thoughts impaired and hamper my studies.

• Freedom of expression

Me and my friend are currently locked in the heads office for the entire day simply because we had our hair open. Guys, we're missing an entire day of lessons(grade 12). We're planning to give a speech to the head, so that we can express our basic rights and how ridiculous the rule is.

The school says it's a distraction. Isn't it that we think with our brains and not our hair? Is there a case which says "tied hair makes better grades?"
    -T&S

• It's a basic human right

Dictating how a student wears their hair is a clear violation of human rights. You aren't teaching respect, you're teaching blind obedience and fascism. How will children and young adults learn about respect if they are constantly disrespected and dehumanised by their educational establishment. Also a school should teach how to think, not what to think. It's an abhorrent draconian power trip by heads more interested in their own superiority than a young persons learning

• Students should be able to express themselves

As a student myself studying in a school which has hair rules, i do not agree that hair rules should even exist. The teachers and principal of the school waste their time observing and addressing to the student when they have long hair. IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. Besides that, hairstyle in NO WAY affects leaning attitude in the class. As a conclusion, students should be allowed to express themselves through hairstyle because there is never a case where 'short hair makes for better grades'

• Schools should not be allowed to tell us how to wear our hair.

At my school (public) a new rule has been made. Girls cannot wear their hair up high at all. The whole school is furious. The hair on our heads and how we wear it is not disrupting anyone's learning or how the teacher teaches so why can they make such a rule.

• Everyone have their rights to look how they feel comfortable

First of all is that if school have no rules about hairstyle or length,alot of students will feel less worried about getting an ugly haircut from the teachers and be more focused about studying and academic performance.Second is we as kids or teenagers like to express our true self or being unique rather than looking the same as ALL other students in the school and have no rights to feel or look comfortable.Third is that i don't know other countries but in malaysia especially my school SMK Seri Sepang its kinda crule to cut our hair or just buzz it with the number 2 clipper when we put so much effort on it.Fourth is whats wrong with styled or long hair,it does not effect the students "smartness" or what so ever because as i know as a 16 year old student no studies have shown that long hair leads to dumbness or getting an F in an subject.Im here because i just got my hair cut using stupidly cheap scissor that is usually used to cut papers and not hair and making my image messed up so bad.To be honest i cannot show my rights in my school just because im a student and i have to listen to my teacher in oder to suscced in life and if i show my rights,teachers in my school will label me as a rude,not discipline,dumb ect student and will probally get expelled from my school just because if i show my rights.

• Uniformity is the main aspect of schooling

There should be uniformity in school. That's the reason why we prefer a dress chord in school. So adopting a standard hairstyle for school is also essential .It contributes positively towards the decorum of the school and community and also towards the personality of the student. This is essential to build a better future

• It Benefit An Individual Not School

The is no Good Advantage of Coming With A Hairstyle To School because it benefit the individual not school and hairstyle doesn't dertimine your school marks it won't make you pass either if are stupid you are stupid a hairstyle Won't Make You Pass so they must not allow them

• Disrespect is shown to school

When wearing your hair however you want it may show something inappropriate or in a messy like way. This shows disrespect to your school and that your schools image is profound. When out or in school and people see you. What would they think? That you are messy and sloppy with no respect and imagine what it would say for your school.

• Health and hygiene

If children are allowed to wear the hair open it causes many health risks. Some could miss school which could affect their academics. Untidy hair shows disrespect. Parents would have to may alot of money for fancy haircuts. It shows neat presentation of the school and looks neat and formal at the same time.

• Hueheuheuehue hueheuehu hueheue

Because it sucks... When wearing your hair however you want it may show something inappropriate or in a messy like way. This shows disrespect to your school and that your schools image is profound. When out or in school and people see you. What would they think? That you are messy and sloppy with no respect and imagine what it would say for your school.

• Hueheuheuehue hueheuehu hueheue

• It is not Right

The fact is that hair length has an effect a child’s education. If a child is so distracted about their hair length and can not follow rules, it will affect their education. 3 in 5 people would agree that parents are behind this rebellion of dress code rules. This only teaches the child to be rebellious in their own lives. Children should spend time on their education and not how long they think should be able to wear their hair. If children can not follow the rules now then they are going to have a tough time in the future.

• It is not Right