Should high school students be forced to play sports?

• Yes they should

Sports teaches you to have teamwork, to work hard, gives discipline, and best of all if you didn't win or get 1st place you still know that you gave it your all and didn't give up. Then what that turns into is you might get a scholarship then that turns into you getting a job.

• They should be, yes.

How can any student maintain a physical fitness if gym or sports were taken out? Lots of kids nowadays dont do anything outdoors. Exercise not only builds your fitness, it also boosts your brain power, which can help you do better in school and improve your grades.

There is tons of students that play sports and maintain honors. In the end it just comes down to the students motivation to do well in school. If the student shows a lack of good grades, it maybe because they are having difficutly learning what they are tought. Lots of teachers really only focus on one of the learning styles like: audio, visual or tectile which can lessen the chance of the student retaining that information.

• No on no

Nono no no onono nnnonono nn ono no nnononono nono non n nononon onnonnnoon nonoon n n n n n n nnn onnnn n n n nnnnnn fdgfdg fdg dfg dfg fg f gf g f g f gf g f gfgf g f g f gf g fg f g

• No on no

• Yes of course!!!!!!!

D d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d

• Of course it should be required

I'm a girl in high school and I play eight sports. I have a 4.0 and my lowest grade is 98. I go to one of the top schools in my area, so I am academically challenged. So if you say it's not possible for someone to play sports and be successful in school, I'm living proof that you can. Sports teach teamwork, responsibility, time management, and teaches you to be persistent and never give up. Kids who don't play sports miss you on these opportunities and if there not required, there missing out. So we should not deprive them of learning these life skills and require students to play sports.

• All students should play high school sports.

Representing your community, social relationships, and a lot of other things can be learned in sports. Teamwork can be learned and being able to communicate well is a reason they should be able to. Learning under a different adult and different people are a reason participating in sports should be neccessary

• Absolutely, without doubt

I feel strongly about this because my husband's sons who are in High School don't do jack squat except sit on their butts, eat, surf the net, and play video games. His younger son (who lived with us for almost 2 years) was truant and didn't do homework so, as a result he failed virtually all of his 9th grade classes. It baffles me that he was allowed to advance to 10th grade courses with out even attending summer school. He didn't have any friends, didn't participate in sports, didn't do any after school activities, work, or do anything productive.

I had the time of my life Swimming and running Track and Cross Country while I was in High School. Also, I started to enjoy lifting weights, biking, and aerobics to assist me with my strength and stamina which are healthy habits I'm motivated to continue to this day. I think ALL High School kids should be required to participate in a mininium of one sport each year. If someone is injured or has a physical disibility, they can help out the team by scorekeeping, announcing, etc. There are so many sports to choose from and not all of them hold tryouts. Sports motivates kids to be active and encourages a healthy life style. Kids who play sports are more productive and less likely to drop out of school and use drugs. They are more mindful of their diets and less likely to be overweight. They are more likely to pass their classes and maintain a decent GPA because there is a certain thereshold in order to participate in sports. Also, sports sharpens the mind and builds character through team work and helps with making friends.

Gym class is not enough to keep someone in shape especially since some school districts have dropped the actual physical portion of P.E. Requirements to only one semester. I remember I had to take 2 years of P.E. In High School and athletes were often encourged to take electives offered such as Weight Training.

• Yes Yes Yes

Sports and excersise help fight obesity, which is a big issue. School work should not be a problem if your school provides a study hall, or your teachers understand that your life isn't just homework. Not all students have the motivation to keep up their grades, and play a sport.

• All students should play high school sports

If a student plays a high school sports it helps them lose weight and it helps them build team character. I play two sports and I'm in good shape and don't have to worry about anything. It all boils down to do you want to be obese or do you care about your life and your future

• No one should be forced to play a high school sport

I'm in high school my self and I'm forced my self...And it SUCKS like foreal, for example my dad wants me to/( Scratch that FORCE ) me to play basketball and he wants me to have all A's by the end of the semester. I mean yeah thats fine by me but I can only do one or the other. Yes some people can and yes it possible but not for me right now. And the thing that gets me the most is that most parents see it as giving up and not seeing it as being strong enough to focus on a more important matter.Also it's not like im that one guy that doesn't get involved in nothing. I ran/run Cross Country and im gonna go out for track too and/or Tennis. And if thats not good enough then thats his problem.

• Its your own decision

If we force kids to play sport for their own good we should ban alcohol because is it is worse. If you are going to make it compulsory then other bad things should be banned as well. The student could spend the time instead of doing sport on other things such as studying and doing activities that will actually help them in life

• High School students should not be forced to play sports, since they will stop and lose any gains after high school if they did not wish to do it in the first place.

High school is the end of primary education, and generally the first place students have a chance to learn and educate themselves in more specialized subjects and curriculum, its more of less a place to get a feel for certain subjects, and fields. If someone wants to play sports there are many chances for them to do so, if they did not wish to do it they wouldn't. Considering its main purpose is to prepare you for the rest of your life with a good start, making someone do something they have no interest in doing is counter productive.

• No High School Student Should be FORCED to Play Sports

In high school there are many academic and economic things to consider while being a student at an high school. One you must consider that time management is an important thing while taking classes and playing sports. I am in high school and participate in Cross Country, and Wrestling. These are good sports that can help you be more conciseness about physical fitness with a draw back. However maintaining good grades is more important than playing in a sport. For example a student may pay more attention to there sport than there grades. Some schools don't require students to maintain a high GPA to play in sports impacting there future career. Also sports could cause students to leave there beneficial or favorite clubs. Second with economic reasons a student with a paying job may be forced to quit or focus less on there job that supply's them money. Overall it should be the individuals decision (Especially in High School) No one should be forced in to a sport activity EVER.

• It sucks really bad

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• I say no because some parents don´t have anus mony

H h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h hh h hbhbg v g gvvg vujhbk uikgrherger rh erh el or htruhiutuer helietghruphrer jytrhyu ; ou

• Its gay its gay

Its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its
    its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay its gay

• Sports should not be required.

It should be a choice, from the individual student, they should not be forced to do a sport. There are many students who succeed in many things but not necessarily sports, therefore no one should be required to play a sport in High School. Sports should be a choice for each student.

• NO you shouldn't have to do sports.

If your not athletic then its embarrassing to try to do sports. It will not help you. You will have less time to do important things. Even if you are the best athlete in school but your grades are terrible. Then you wasted your time on something that wont help you.

• Students should not have to do sports

Not everyone is academically or physically capable of participating in sports. Someone may not be able to get work done if they are forced into sports. Some people may have some athletically induced disease that makes it hard to breath or even function this could lead to stress anxiety, depression or even savior grade drops.