Should high school students be forced to play sports?

• Yes they should

Sports teaches you to have teamwork, to work hard, gives discipline, and best of all if you didn't win or get 1st place you still know that you gave it your all and didn't give up. Then what that turns into is you might get a scholarship then that turns into you getting a job.

• They should be, yes.

How can any student maintain a physical fitness if gym or sports were taken out? Lots of kids nowadays dont do anything outdoors. Exercise not only builds your fitness, it also boosts your brain power, which can help you do better in school and improve your grades.

There is tons of students that play sports and maintain honors. In the end it just comes down to the students motivation to do well in school. If the student shows a lack of good grades, it maybe because they are having difficutly learning what they are tought. Lots of teachers really only focus on one of the learning styles like: audio, visual or tectile which can lessen the chance of the student retaining that information.

• Isn't it obvious

The kids have got to do sport to strengthen their bodies. It incourages team work n also it develops their social skills. Pople nowadays are getting more money from sports than from professional jobs so its an advantage of sorts to do sports and academic activities than just books. If i were still young id get into the field andreck havoc on them

• He he he

Kids could be getting active and wouldn't get fat from eating potato chips all day they could learn how to bond with. Ore than just food and technology even if you're not athletic you can still try and possibly succeed thats all I got I don't have another word in me

• He he he

• He he he

• He he he

• I say people should particapate in athletics

If u dont u a wussy boi stupid !!!!!!!! Boi unathletic nerds who cant d o aything cuz u suck so much go play e sports cuz u gay ha hah ha hah hahahahahahha hahahah hah haha hah hhah h hah ha hh hah h aha hhah hhah ha ha h

• No on no

Nono no no onono nnnonono nn ono no nnononono nono non n nononon onnonnnoon nonoon n n n n n n nnn onnnn n n n nnnnnn fdgfdg fdg dfg dfg fg f gf g f g f gf g f gfgf g f g f gf g fg f g

• No on no

• No one should be forced to play a high school sport

I'm in high school my self and I'm forced my self...And it SUCKS like foreal, for example my dad wants me to/( Scratch that FORCE ) me to play basketball and he wants me to have all A's by the end of the semester. I mean yeah thats fine by me but I can only do one or the other. Yes some people can and yes it possible but not for me right now. And the thing that gets me the most is that most parents see it as giving up and not seeing it as being strong enough to focus on a more important matter.Also it's not like im that one guy that doesn't get involved in nothing. I ran/run Cross Country and im gonna go out for track too and/or Tennis. And if thats not good enough then thats his problem.

• Its your own decision

If we force kids to play sport for their own good we should ban alcohol because is it is worse. If you are going to make it compulsory then other bad things should be banned as well. The student could spend the time instead of doing sport on other things such as studying and doing activities that will actually help them in life

• High School students should not be forced to play sports, since they will stop and lose any gains after high school if they did not wish to do it in the first place.

High school is the end of primary education, and generally the first place students have a chance to learn and educate themselves in more specialized subjects and curriculum, its more of less a place to get a feel for certain subjects, and fields. If someone wants to play sports there are many chances for them to do so, if they did not wish to do it they wouldn't. Considering its main purpose is to prepare you for the rest of your life with a good start, making someone do something they have no interest in doing is counter productive.

• No High School Student Should be FORCED to Play Sports

In high school there are many academic and economic things to consider while being a student at an high school. One you must consider that time management is an important thing while taking classes and playing sports. I am in high school and participate in Cross Country, and Wrestling. These are good sports that can help you be more conciseness about physical fitness with a draw back. However maintaining good grades is more important than playing in a sport. For example a student may pay more attention to there sport than there grades. Some schools don't require students to maintain a high GPA to play in sports impacting there future career. Also sports could cause students to leave there beneficial or favorite clubs. Second with economic reasons a student with a paying job may be forced to quit or focus less on there job that supply's them money. Overall it should be the individuals decision (Especially in High School) No one should be forced in to a sport activity EVER.

• Not At All

Some coaches are abusive. They speak to you however they want. Like no, respect me, im a student not a private in the military with a drill sergeant. Coaches all over the United States are unreasonable, easily led to anger, and act like drill sergeants. They swear without reason too.

• Students should not be Forced to compete

Although organized school athletics add authenticity to the education experience, it should not be required of students to forcibly participate in sports. These activities should be done voluntarily; it is as a free choice as any other elective, seeing as it adds no true value to the scholar’s academic journey. Former Lord Chancellor Sir Francis Bacon once said, “knowledge is power.” If that is correct, then it does not start in a gym with a ball, but in a class room with a text book and a teacher. And coaches all over the United States are unreasonable, easily led to anger, and act like drill sergeants.

• They shouldn't be forced

Once you get to highschool, sports and gym should no longer be required. I'm sorry, but a half an hour of throwing a ball back and forth- especially if you have no motive to do so- is not keeping anyone in shape. Many high schoolers suffer from this class, and despite what some might think, you could give you all and still feel terrible and embarrassed in the end because of lack of athletic skills. Gym should only be required once we make arts required too- why don't we strengthen people's creativity as well???

• They shouldn't be forced

• No sports shouldn't be required.

I AM NOT ATHLETIC. I can barely walk and not trip over my feet. If others want to play then good for them, but for people like me. It is more of a hazard then anything else. If you are good at sports but not at school work then you are wasting your time on something that does nothing for you. You can't play sports forever.

• Students should not be enforced to play sports or to be enforced to support a sport team.

While sports are said to help Americans lose weight and promotes social skills, it shouldn't be forced upon another, or else those who will be forced to do it will hate you. This will be countering some of the arguments from the "Yes" side.

All Students Should Play High School Sports: "It all boils down to do you want to be obese or do you care about your life and your future." - This argument makes it believe that all obese people don't care about their lives. While this may be true for some, there are obese people who actually care about their future.

Yes Yes Yes: "School work should not be a problem if your school provides a study hall, or your teachers understand that your life isn't just homework." - This is actually true to an extent. If you use your study hall wisely, then homework will be less of an issue. There are some cases, however, where sports can cause stress that can interfere with it. If they are forced into a sport and have to play, then that person will start to get stressed that they will get in trouble if they fail. If they are in standby all the time and don't care, however, then they don't need to be in the sport in the first place! Plus, with the teachers, how else would they be able to make sure that you are properly educated if you don't show that you know the subject. Teachers provide homework so that you make sure that you know the subject.

Absolutely, without a doubt: The entirety of the argument - Okay, I get you are frustrated about your son's life issues, but not everyone who does those things act like your son. For example, I'm a sophomore who plays video games and stays inside, but I get A's and B's and I'm taking junior classes a year early!
    About doing a lot of sports, good for you! It's pretty cool that you did a lot of sports, but that does not mean that everyone will be happy doing sports. If everyone plays a minimum of one sport each year, then there would be issues with homework and stress with at least some of the kids. Plus, there would be parents who actually don't support it and won't assist them through it. The deformity and injury portion of this bugs me a little, and I'll explain why. We have people in our school who have severe Down Syndrome and Autism, which means that they may or may not have issues with actually being in such a loud area. Those kind of environments can actually be harmful to those with Autism, making them have an Autistic Meltdown. As for those with Down Syndrome, what can they do!? They would only be able to sit and watch, at least, the one's at my school. I'm aware that some with Down Syndrome have overcame their issue, but not all of them have!