Should high school students be forced to wear uniforms?

• More like a place for studying

School is a place where discipline is needed to help students focus when learning things. If students wear clothes with different kind and colours, which are not unified, the whole school looked more like a place for fun instead of studying. School will be like disorder if students do not wear uniform.

• Because e e

I am happy I am I am happy asfadadafddafssdafasaaafsfsaaadaadaaa afdaadqwasqad asaaad adsad qas :D llĺ i i i i ş şnşnş i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Yes, it would help them learn.

Yes, high school students should be forced to wear uniforms, because it helps students learn. A student cannot focus on learning if they are busy worrying that they do not have clothes that are as trendy as the person next to them. Uniforms help students feel like they are a part of things at school, and part of a community.

• Uniforms shift focus to school work

Yes. I think that high schools student should be required to wear uniforms. School has become more of a fashion show rather than a place for learning. Uniforms will allow more attention to be directed toward studies and less attention to what another student is wearing. Girls at this age want to show their bodies and boys at this age want to do nothing but look. This counters both sides of the issue.

• Prepare For The Real World

I think it would be far better to implement uniform policies for high school students. High school students should be preparing either for college or the workforce. Since uniforms are quite common in the workforce, I think implementing this policy in schools would help prepare students for the real world, where they don't always get to do what they want.

• Everyone should have their own style

High school, middle schoo, and elementary kids should not be forced to wear uniforms. No one likes being told who to be, what to say, and what to wear. For , my experience in middle school, the kids in my class would get warnings, conduct referrals, and sepsension. In my opinion, only Hogwarts can look stylish in those uniforms.#uniforms4hogwarts!

• More like a place for studying

• Because e e

• Because e e

• No uniforms rap...

Uniforms are dumm almost like the sum of the people who dress like a bumm, ya know how it is being able to sit in your own pants,and sweatshirt not no net shirt, its not tight when the cold weather decides to bite,i only wear clothes that suit me just right.Uniforms aint no good it makes you look like your from the hood,and aint got no money,you know what i mean honey........

• No uniforms!!!!!!!!!! Its stupid

Kids express themselves through their clothes taking that away is like taking away a painters brush and telling him to paint a colorful picture only using the color grey. Or telling an athlete not to be an athlete or a poet to not be a poet or an author not to write but come up with a 27 chapter book in 2 seconds.

• Uniforms are bad

I don't think that kids should be forced to wear uniforms in high school. I think that high school is a time of self exploration, and many kids will conduct that through the way they present themselves. Uniforms are just a way for the school to control and stifle the kids.

• No high School Uniforms

In reality, high school students don't need to wear uniforms. They're usually smart enough to know what's good attire for the school setting. Uniforms make parents and students unhappy more often than not. Plus, the benefits for a given school are relatively unproven and mean nothing for the average school.

• Not in Public Schools

Public school students in high school should not be required to wear uniforms because it is an extra financial burden on students' families. Private schools are another matter--if you can afford to send your kid to a private school, you can afford a uniform. Public school kids shouldn't be forced to wear uniforms in high school because they also have a freedom of expression.

• Most definitely not.

There are several reasons why students should not be forced to wear uniforms
    1. Practicality. Uniforms are often inappropriate for the weather. I live in New Zealand where the generic high school uniform is a jersey, shirt, tie and clumpy shoes with a skirt and stockings for girls and shorts – trousers for year 12 and 13 – and socks for boys. In summer these garments are far too hot and in winter far too cold as NZ is prone to extremes of weather. I remember one freezing wintery morning freezing in my skirt and thin jersey, my stockings soaked through and shoes filling with water, wishing I could be wearing my jeans, boots, a good sweatshirt, beanie and a coat. As students were not permitted to wear their own coats or jackets every student was cold and soaked to the bone by the end of the day, the canteen having run out of coffee and hot chocolate before school even began. How can a student sit in a classroom and pay attention to a teacher when their teeth are chattering and everyone is trying to dry their shoes and jerseys in front of the heater, or when they have heatstroke, no more water in their bottle, and are sweating profusely?
    2. Self-esteem. School uniforms are often ill-fitting and unflattering. Allowing students to wear their own clothes allows them to dress in garments which fit them properly and in which they feel comfortable. Often uniform suppliers do not stock very large or small sizes equating to students feeling embarrassed that a uniform cannot be found for them.
    3. Financial burden. A uniform will generally cost between $600 and $2,500 in New Zealand, depending on the type of school (state or private) and the socioeconomic area. I would spend less than $200 total in one year on clothing. The cost also leads to embarrassment for students whose families cannot afford this cost and who are sent home from school because their uniform does not meet the schools standard, even if they do not have the money to replace it.