• Money for College or future

Students need to make a little bit of money for college and their future life after college. While you are still in high school you have to buy a vehicle, help pay for their education and maybe buy presents or clothes for themselves. As long as they are still getting good grades in school they should get a job.

• Money for College or future

• Yes we should for college

I say that we should work because we have to save up money for college. What are we going to do if our parents don't want to help us pay for college? Another thing would be is that it makes us more responsible instead of asking our parents for money all the time we need it.

• It's a valuable experience.

I'm in high school, and am starting to look into what I want to do afterwards. I just applied for a job. Even if I don't get the job, I know how to write a resume and how to act towards employers. That's something everyone should know before they get jobs to fully support themselves as adults, and I'm glad I have that knowledge already.

• Dont need free time... SO WHY NOT

Most teens dont do anything with their time. They only play video games or be on facebook. Why not use that time to make a little money? It cant hurt to actually do something once in a while... So get off your butt and say why not? Get a job bro.

• Self-reliance in a world of only reliance.

In basic theory, many will find that working hard at a young age is something that should be avoided. Due to factors involving personal success, it is not a bad thing to work a job while in high school. The reasons being that a job can help with more than just making money. Some fields can offer reasonable experience for people who do not know their life's calling. Getting a job at a young age is not always a McDonald's, burger flipping job. Jobs can be in apprenticing with other people in fields that a person would like. Value is not always in money.

• To build self-independence

Students don't need to rely on their parents for school funds instead they can use the money they saved from having a after school job. Furthermore, they can also pay their college fees using their own hard earned money not their parents money which was earned from unnerved hard work as a show of gratitude.

• To build self-independence

• Yes, work ethic is a good thing.

Yes, high school students should have jobs, because it is helpful to the educational experience. Jobs in high school are fun for students who can earn spending money, either for college or for other things. Jobs in high school are helpful because they teach students how to be responsible and balance multiple demands on their time.

• Life is short.

I believe that life is a gift that has been given to us. We have no guarantee on how long we live. That's why I believe that high school students should not have jobs. Parents have always told children that school should be their only job and focus but from that school has been increasingly tougher in the past few years. Having a job would only take away from that purpose. We are put on this planet to enjoy the life we were given, not flip burgers or sit in a cubical. Focus on the goal. Get an education. That way in the future you may make the money you worked so hard for now.

• Too Many Selfish Parents

The people who want their kids to have jobs to pay for things do not have their kids best interest at heart. These are the parents who don't want to pay for their child's car, car insurance, clothes. There is the minor benefit of learning the value of a dollar but not enough to set your kid down the wrong path. Parents need to stop looking at it as a way to ease their own burden and start thinking about their kid's future. Stop being selfish and let them focus on what is going to make them more money in the long run and probably even save you money later on.

• They stop caring

A kid in my AP classes lays out frequently because he just doesn't care after working. I know other kids who work that only care about getting their money, and they're starting to fail. If you can keep good grades with a job, you should have amazing grades without one.

• Education or Money!

High school students shouldn't work during high school because they are focus more on the pay, lose concentration on their education, and have sleep reduction. These students will either become a drop out or end up in court due to attendance in school for not attending. Parents shouldn't approve of their kids working full time or half time until they are finished with their education!

• Academics, Activities, Home

More colleges give out grants and scholarships to students with higher academic scores. Studies show that students spend 45 minutes less on their homework on the days that they work, which can lowers their grades by up to two grade levels. They would not have time to have extra activities.

• School should be their main focus.

A high school student should be focusing on school and extra-curricular activities. When you add a job into the mix it can cause a lot of anxiety and stress that they do not need. Colleges and Universities do not look to see if you were making money during high school. They are looking to make sure you were involved with your school and a good student.

• Not unless they have no support system, no they shouldn't.

I grew up with my parents taking me on vacation up until college. While it is largely my fault that I went along with it, the fact of the matter is this, all these hard working grinds have had jobs for years. When I go apply for jobs after a college graduate, I'm competing for entry level jobs with high school students. Having a college degree should ensure you get an entry level job. Instead, I get to put up with more outgoing and bubbly people getting jobs. I got turned down for Kroger because "We have a 7 foot rule" of customer service. I know, I worked at WalMart, they had a "10 foot rule." She proceeded to argue with me about how Walmart doesn't have serious customer service. Lady, I made sure to go out of my way to enforce customer service, and actually walked across the store to meet customer needs. Yes, seriously. Nope, entry level job, let's hire a high school student. Because obviously they can do the job better than someone with a degree, who instead gets messed up. I'm going back to get a second degree because I let my family talk me into a major that is not doing anything for me.

• Students should NOT working during high school.

If a student works during high school then they do not have the chance to be in a sport or are able to keep up a good GPA. I think it is very important that a child is to focus on their school work and to be able to have social gatherings with their friends.

• Time off for yourself

How many of you like to have free time to yourself so you can relax and do what you please? Having a job in high school can alter a great majority of the time you get to yourself. The side I am taking is that having a job in high school should not be a requirement. High school only takes up 4 years of your life, so you should take advantage of all the extra curriculum activities available… you have the whole rest of your life to work!

• Its not a good ting

I dont like how we have to have an after school job if they passed this some people wont have a way to go to work so I think that we shouldnt have to have an after school job. Its pointless to some people some people wont do the job.