• Looking forward to College

On the way to college, the students need a little "extra cash" for college. This is a good way to get the cash they need. A high school minor job is probably the best resort as a college minor. Some people may disagree with me but, my kid is going to have a High school job.

• You need money to go to college

Your parents won't be there to support you the rest of your life, some parents pay for the full college, which isn't smart because it's just teaching your kids that everything will be handed to you, which doesn't really happen in the real world. Students should learn that they will have to support themselves and at least pay some of their college if not all. Therefore you would need a job to pay for it.

• It can teach responsibility but there are certain laws you have to follow.

Yes it may teach responsibility, But think about all of the laws you have to follow. Child labor laws are being enforced, but every law is different in each state. In the 1800's they used to use kids against what anyone says and put them in factories. I don't think that was right. Now they must have jobs to pay for things they need in life. But some of those things they may not need. So no, I do not think they need to have jobs.

• Yes high school students should have a job.

I am a 16 year old girl, a JR in high school and i have a job. I work about 25 hours a week and i LOVE my job. It is an amazing experiment to work with different people every day. I make money and I put it right into the bank so I can save up for college. I do not have to depend on anyone to give me money.

• Work ethic - nothing in life is free

Once children are of legal working age, they should obtain a job and start to learn that nothing in life is free. Developing a work ethic, understanding time and finance management, and learning that there's more to a job and life than just "showing up" is essential. I have employed far too many COLLEGE graduates who can't show up on time,, can't folllow instructions, and don't have basic math, communication or social skills. Starting to learn how to work earlier in life would help form a more solid foundation for life, which sorry kids, is basically WORK!

• You can learn how to do the job and get skills off the job that you can use later in life or in your career

You can out money aside to have fun and enjoy life and you can help your parents out by getting your own stuff. That will help your parents out by reducing the amount of stress that they have and it will save them time and money. You and your parents will be proud

• Supporting yourself or your family

Certain people do not want to work and most do. As a high school student, you grow more responsibility towards your actions and growing more mature. Working will only grow you more as person and it will help you find yourself. You are able to support your family or just plain yourself, the only way to do so though is by working now and growing that path for you in the future and your family. That is preparing you for life and good head start.

• Learn about managing time

High school students will learn a little bit of what the real world is and will also learn how to manage school life ,job life and there personal time. They will also feel more confiedent because they eearn there own money. They will also apreshiate there parents more and most likely stop asking for unneccessary items.

• Yes. Get jobs. $$$.

Well. It's better than sitting around and playing video games all afternoon. You're being productive and getting paid, while learning important skills and discipline for later in life. Most kids have a lot of free time they use to get into trouble with. But if they all just got jobs it would be better.

• Better prepared for life

Students that have a job can get to know the work field that they might go into. Teenagers will learn to better manage their time. They will also learn to follow directions better. With the money they earn, they will become less reliant on family members for money. Students can get a taste of what it will be like in college. And, colleges like to see that students managed a job and school. The experience will also help them get better jobs in the future.

• Life is short.

I believe that life is a gift that has been given to us. We have no guarantee on how long we live. That's why I believe that high school students should not have jobs. Parents have always told children that school should be their only job and focus but from that school has been increasingly tougher in the past few years. Having a job would only take away from that purpose. We are put on this planet to enjoy the life we were given, not flip burgers or sit in a cubical. Focus on the goal. Get an education. That way in the future you may make the money you worked so hard for now.

• Too Many Selfish Parents

The people who want their kids to have jobs to pay for things do not have their kids best interest at heart. These are the parents who don't want to pay for their child's car, car insurance, clothes. There is the minor benefit of learning the value of a dollar but not enough to set your kid down the wrong path. Parents need to stop looking at it as a way to ease their own burden and start thinking about their kid's future. Stop being selfish and let them focus on what is going to make them more money in the long run and probably even save you money later on.

• They stop caring

A kid in my AP classes lays out frequently because he just doesn't care after working. I know other kids who work that only care about getting their money, and they're starting to fail. If you can keep good grades with a job, you should have amazing grades without one.

• Education or Money!

High school students shouldn't work during high school because they are focus more on the pay, lose concentration on their education, and have sleep reduction. These students will either become a drop out or end up in court due to attendance in school for not attending. Parents shouldn't approve of their kids working full time or half time until they are finished with their education!

• Academics, Activities, Home

More colleges give out grants and scholarships to students with higher academic scores. Studies show that students spend 45 minutes less on their homework on the days that they work, which can lowers their grades by up to two grade levels. They would not have time to have extra activities.

• School should be their main focus.

A high school student should be focusing on school and extra-curricular activities. When you add a job into the mix it can cause a lot of anxiety and stress that they do not need. Colleges and Universities do not look to see if you were making money during high school. They are looking to make sure you were involved with your school and a good student.

• Students should NOT working during high school.

If a student works during high school then they do not have the chance to be in a sport or are able to keep up a good GPA. I think it is very important that a child is to focus on their school work and to be able to have social gatherings with their friends.

• Time off for yourself

How many of you like to have free time to yourself so you can relax and do what you please? Having a job in high school can alter a great majority of the time you get to yourself. The side I am taking is that having a job in high school should not be a requirement. High school only takes up 4 years of your life, so you should take advantage of all the extra curriculum activities available… you have the whole rest of your life to work!

• Its not a good ting

I dont like how we have to have an after school job if they passed this some people wont have a way to go to work so I think that we shouldnt have to have an after school job. Its pointless to some people some people wont do the job.

• Children's welfare is important

I do not want the children to neglect their studies for the job. The student might use their after school job as an excuse not to study. They will feel secure with their money and spend it any way they want as the will think that since they have a lot of money why not spend it? . In some cases, they will look down on their parents for not bringing enough money so they have to contribute. If the child is caught in the job by his friends, he will have a low self esteem and feel inferior he might think that his friends are looking down on him and thinking that he might be poor. Thus with all these reasons a student should not have an after school job.