• Yes we should for college

I say that we should work because we have to save up money for college. What are we going to do if our parents don't want to help us pay for college? Another thing would be is that it makes us more responsible instead of asking our parents for money all the time we need it.

• It's a valuable experience.

I'm in high school, and am starting to look into what I want to do afterwards. I just applied for a job. Even if I don't get the job, I know how to write a resume and how to act towards employers. That's something everyone should know before they get jobs to fully support themselves as adults, and I'm glad I have that knowledge already.

• Dont need free time... SO WHY NOT

Most teens dont do anything with their time. They only play video games or be on facebook. Why not use that time to make a little money? It cant hurt to actually do something once in a while... So get off your butt and say why not? Get a job bro.

• Self-reliance in a world of only reliance.

In basic theory, many will find that working hard at a young age is something that should be avoided. Due to factors involving personal success, it is not a bad thing to work a job while in high school. The reasons being that a job can help with more than just making money. Some fields can offer reasonable experience for people who do not know their life's calling. Getting a job at a young age is not always a McDonald's, burger flipping job. Jobs can be in apprenticing with other people in fields that a person would like. Value is not always in money.

• To build self-independence

Students don't need to rely on their parents for school funds instead they can use the money they saved from having a after school job. Furthermore, they can also pay their college fees using their own hard earned money not their parents money which was earned from unnerved hard work as a show of gratitude.

• To build self-independence

• Yes, work ethic is a good thing.

Yes, high school students should have jobs, because it is helpful to the educational experience. Jobs in high school are fun for students who can earn spending money, either for college or for other things. Jobs in high school are helpful because they teach students how to be responsible and balance multiple demands on their time.

• Experience in the real world

To gain the experience the real world and learn how to work for what they want on their own while they are young. Who wants to be the college student that never worked anywhere before has no experience and doesn't even know how to get a job. They also gain communication skills witch we all need when it comes to the working environment. They also start to learn how to handle money.

• Stress relief, extra money, and experience

High school students need jobs to gain experience in the work force while they're young, they can test out different ones to find out their strengths and weaknesses. It offers a place to get away from home, school, and help them feel like they're making a difference out in the world. Extra money is a total bonus too, it's like a tiny little reward for doing your job good, they can spend it on stuff they want to, if they want a new car, college, clothes, electronics, phones, or even dogs. They just need to find a job that won't interfere with school or sleep, and there are MANY out there like that. I'm in high school, have a job, get good grades and don't regret it one bit!

• Children's welfare is important

I do not want the children to neglect their studies for the job. The student might use their after school job as an excuse not to study. They will feel secure with their money and spend it any way they want as the will think that since they have a lot of money why not spend it? . In some cases, they will look down on their parents for not bringing enough money so they have to contribute. If the child is caught in the job by his friends, he will have a low self esteem and feel inferior he might think that his friends are looking down on him and thinking that he might be poor. Thus with all these reasons a student should not have an after school job.

• No jobs....... ^^

Frankly speaking,I think that there's no need to have a job after school, I mean that's what you're gonna do for the rest of your life? Why not enjoy the moments when you have them, right? ...So schoolers enjoy when u can.... Work comes later...Study comes first ...So, this like asking "Education or money?" I choose "Education ^^

• You can't do everything

Everyone wants to go to go good universiteys, and get good jobs, to survive in the society. When you see people who came out harvard, or many other good universities you wat to go to those pkaces too, right? But, when you take jobs, you can't concentrate on your studies. The fact that you take jobs are because you have plenty of time. Then, why not study when you have plenty of time?

• Colleges look at grades, not your job!

If you are a parent who thinks that your kid needs to work during school, then you are not in with the times, or you don't want a successful child! If you have a child who is in ANY AP classes, then you are a fool to even think that they should work. You are stingy and greedy. How can you do that to a kid? You must be really ignorant or you think we are still in the 1950s! In the new and competitive world, a prestigious college education will help you more than having a job in high school! Some parents may say that a job is better than playing sports, but colleges actually look at sports, and they would rather have an athlete at there school than a McDonald's worker! Parents need to stop being selfish and start caring about there kids, or maybe they need to adopt a more modern concept about the topic. We don't live in "the world that you grew up in!"

• Too Many Selfish Parents

The people who want their kids to have jobs to pay for things do not have their kids best interest at heart. These are the parents who don't want to pay for their child's car, car insurance, clothes. There is the minor benefit of learning the value of a dollar but not enough to set your kid down the wrong path. Parents need to stop looking at it as a way to ease their own burden and start thinking about their kid's future. Stop being selfish and let them focus on what is going to make them more money in the long run and probably even save you money later on.

• Students should NOT working during high school.

If a student works during high school then they do not have the chance to be in a sport or are able to keep up a good GPA. I think it is very important that a child is to focus on their school work and to be able to have social gatherings with their friends.

• Time off for yourself

How many of you like to have free time to yourself so you can relax and do what you please? Having a job in high school can alter a great majority of the time you get to yourself. The side I am taking is that having a job in high school should not be a requirement. High school only takes up 4 years of your life, so you should take advantage of all the extra curriculum activities available… you have the whole rest of your life to work!

• Its not a good ting

I dont like how we have to have an after school job if they passed this some people wont have a way to go to work so I think that we shouldnt have to have an after school job. Its pointless to some people some people wont do the job.

• They stop caring

A kid in my AP classes lays out frequently because he just doesn't care after working. I know other kids who work that only care about getting their money, and they're starting to fail. If you can keep good grades with a job, you should have amazing grades without one.

• Education or Money!

High school students shouldn't work during high school because they are focus more on the pay, lose concentration on their education, and have sleep reduction. These students will either become a drop out or end up in court due to attendance in school for not attending. Parents shouldn't approve of their kids working full time or half time until they are finished with their education!