Should high school students have to wear ID badges?

• They are very important

If your kids go to school would you rather have them be safe but have to go through metal detectors or have an ID on them at all times. Or would you rather take a chase to end-up having your kids shot because you didn't want to have some safety systems put in to protect your kid.

• For safety reasons.

Increasing security in schools is becoming more and more critical for student and staff safety. With hundreds,even thousands of students, staff and visitors entering and exiting a school each day, it is important to be able to identify who is authorized to be there and who is not. There are many security measures that can be taken, and today we will review how something as simple as a photo ID and a custom lanyard can significantly increase visual security on school campuses.

• Its for school safety

Two large things that are implemented into schools for security are ethier school IDs or metal detectors. Now personally, I would rather have a school ID cliped on to my shirt rather than walking through a metal detector and having some security guard rummaging through my bag, or being sent to the office or an alarm going off and some dramatic event happening because i forgot to put my pencil sharpener or my metal pen into the little collection tray.

• Would you rather wear a school ID or have metal detectors out in front of the school?

School IDs are implemented for safety reasons, they are multi-functional and are used as library and lunch cards, saying that it's stupid to wear IDs is not a logical argument. Also families that cant afford school costs or funds CAN FILE FOR FINANCIAL AID! Additionally, I do not see how school IDs are an invasion of privacy, many schools announce students names over the loud speakers in case they are called to go to the office for some reason all the time, on school websites students names are listed, and knowing someone's name isn't an invasion of privacy in a school environment, ID cards or not, some random student can know your name by over hearing a conversation you had with a friend, or a teacher calling out your name in class. A metal detector in front of the school's entrance is more of invasion of privacy than some one knowing your name due to an ID card.

• Yes, if you go to a big school.

My state has a law saying that schools with more than 700 students are required to wear Ids. I personally agree with this law and think that schools with over 500 students should wear Ids. However, smaller schools should not be required to wear Ids or it should be optional.

• We should wear them

I think we definitely should. I'm in middle school (8th grade) and I think it's awesome. That way (especially in high school where seniors are constantly leaving and coming) it's a way to confirm weather or not someone goes to da school. Teachers wear id's so student's should too.. .

• Students Should Have ID's

I think that student should have ID's because I am currently a student at Kuna Middle School, and there are a lot of random people that just randomly come into the school, and we also need a way for the student to identify themselves. The ID's here are free, unless you break them, and also, if you are in a Fitness or P.E class, you should have your ID in your locker for obvious reasons. Lanyards actually don't break easily, and even if yours did, the schools have to provide lanyards to students who either don't want to buy one, or who doesn't have any money

• A Big School

I go to a big school (the freshman class is like 670) and there's literally no way to know which kids belong there and which kids don't if we don't have school IDs. School IDs are provided from the school to the kids (the first one) if you keep track of your ID you don't have to buy a new one. IDs also make it easier to check out books (kinda like a library card)

• A Big School

• The part where you got your information from.

If you wear your ids then if someone takes it then you could get in trouble for not having your id on. Sometimes lanyards become distracting because kids sometime chew on there lanyards. Also kids that like to be mean to people then they can hit other kids with the lanyard.

• Like this causes me grief!

Everyday I have to have this ID and if I don't I'll have to pay $1 if you don't pay you're suspended I'm From Eutawville SC when I was in middle school if I didn't have it they'll make me throw my food away they'll let me get my food but when I got to the scanner I had to throw my food away this is not right like they say it's a law like the kids have to eat etc... But like in HHRMS that's nothing don't have your ID see what happens! Then you have to pay for the $5 for the ID and my parents pay taxes then after that we had to pay for lunch +$100 every semester this was in middle school! This ID stuff is really allowing crazy people to get crazy with a reason! Like I was a kid trying to eat both parents working 9 to 5 you're brining them down with the bill you sent then on the days I didn't have the ID you make me throw my food away! Like just picture the kids who can't afford to buy a ID and pay $1 every time they don't have the ID! The people are getting so corrupt they'll let the money pile up on a kid and make them throw the food away everyday and instead of them just letting the kid pay the $5 for a new id they have to pay off the debt from the days they didn't have a ID plus the Price of a new ID like I'm not even going to check for spelling this really get to me!!!!!!

• I do not see why the students would need to wear ID badges.

I don't see why we would need to wear ID badges as the teacher don't need to know every kid's name off by heart isn't that going a little to far as the teachers already have enough hassle keeping the students in line.

Note: i'm a student in high school right now so i know how the teachers feel on this topic.

• Small schools with few students know who everyone is

I go to a small school were everyone knows everyone. We would know who doesn't belong or if anyone looks like they don't go there. If we forget our name tags one day we get a warning, the next time we get sent to the office and get punished. It doesn't make since. Our classes have 20 students or less, and we rarely get new students. You are with the same students and teachers for 12+ years. No one could sneak in with out being noticed in a matter of seconds.

• No need for it

How does knowing my name help school security? It's unnecessary and frankly, it's an invasion of privacy. Teachers are really becoming power-hungry. First, they can search us whenever they want, they can take our stuff, and now they want us to willing wear identification. This is sounding very martial-law like.

I'm a high school student. If this was put into place, I wouldn't follow it.

• Invasion of privacy

WHY! Is the question really. I am a 16 sophomore student. Id badges take away so much privilege from school events. If you don't ave an ID CARD then you don't get to participate. What about the families that cant afford school costs and funds? Teachers who love their job and care for their students remember their students names. I remember all of my teachers names. Teachers and students build a bond through out the year(s). ID badges is and excuse to take that away.

• ID Cards Have Become Forced

I go to a school where we are forced daily to wear our lanyards. If you don't either have one/don't wear it, You are sent to SAO (Student Affairs Office) to get a temporary ID.
    Half of the teachers/staff enforced it as to where, Yesterday (9/13/18) I was stopped in the hall and a teacher demanded to know if I was a student here. I pulled my lanyard from my pocket, (since I dangle the lanyard itself out of my pocket) and showed him. This teacher sneered at me and demanded I put it on or else I would be sent home.
    As of today, (9/14/18) my algebra teacher had forced me to wear it because it was mandatory. For me personally, I cannot due to the fact the lanyard irritates my neck. Hence why I wear it in my pocket. Yet, If I do not, I get in trouble. It's irritating and redundant.

• ID badges only further increase the fearmongering surrounding school safety.

First and foremost, ID badges do not increase security. A lot of the support for these has been drummed up from school shooting incidents, Of which virtually every incident has been caused by a student. Knowing who is and is not a student on campus in no way protects any other person on the campus if an incident occurs. It is actually more likely that badges would detract from the safety of students and staff because if there is some urgent need for someone to be entering or moving about the campus that either does not have a badge or somehow has the badge obscured, That delays whatever that person may need to do. Additionally, ID badges are detrimental to education. Every moment that is spent remembering to make sure an ID is visible or facing the consequences of forgetting one is a moment taken away from learning. Already schools in the U. S. , Where this ID badge issue is a major concern, Are underperforming their foreign counterparts. Therefore, Not only are ID badges unnecessary for students, But they are hazardous and have negative consequences for students.

• Obedience is not safety

They say its for safety and heavily enforce it and threaten and harass students if they don't wear them to where I feel its worse than a terrorist, I don't see how a gps with your identity on a rectangle with a working noose promotes safety. If an adult attacks the school the probability is non-existent since adults have had morals instilled in them their whole life but if one did it would be well planned(Put yourself in the attackers shoes, what prevents you from attacking students with IDs, Nothing), its the students that do the damage, a ID lets them abuse the ID and do even more damage and maybe get away with it if you look logically and nothing prevents the student attacker from getting students with IDs. If students could have a say in what to do for safety and be democracy master race, I think it would better than the dictator of the dictator of the dictator's dictator system.

• Security? I don't see it.

If someone wanted to come into the school to do harm, the I.Ds would not stop it because they are not making a magical barrier or anything. People can just waltz on in and start doing damage right away with I.D. Or not. I.Ds are not a security measure. The teachers would know my name. If someone wanted to infiltrate a high school, they could make their own I.D.

• Security? I don't see it.

Krieg01 says2013-09-26T02:59:59.757
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes.