Should high school students have to wear ID badges?

• A Big School

I go to a big school (the freshman class is like 670) and there's literally no way to know which kids belong there and which kids don't if we don't have school IDs. School IDs are provided from the school to the kids (the first one) if you keep track of your ID you don't have to buy a new one. IDs also make it easier to check out books (kinda like a library card)

• A Big School

• The part where you got your information from.

If you wear your ids then if someone takes it then you could get in trouble for not having your id on. Sometimes lanyards become distracting because kids sometime chew on there lanyards. Also kids that like to be mean to people then they can hit other kids with the lanyard.

• We should have them.

Say someone walked in with a gun and other stuff in that category and you call the cops and get the school on lock down and the cops show up and talk and you find out it was a dad going in a classroom to talk about his job you did this for nothing. That is why we need I.D cards.

• We should have them.

• Its for security purposes & can be used for incentive

A school campus is insecure, a badge helps in this matter. If the school purchases the right equipment, the badge can be used as an ACCESS CONTROL system. Smart cards, mag readers, etc can be used for library check out, lunch accounts, attendance, even lockers or access to certain rooms. The Badge is useful, get used to it.

• Danger is begone

Strangers come, strangers go, happiness is happy. I glad dat not every scool requirs id cards cause unicorns are well needed. (unicorns r sign of happiness) u know beeple can gets upset @bout dangerous beeplez getsing to close t0 meez. I hopez forz more safetiz. H@ppieness will fly 0nce m0re. :D

• Danger is begone

• It is very important

It is very imperative fast food is where ID badges or because you will be able to identify students on site. What is an outside it was to appear on campus sure you sort of know every student on campus but what about those students who stay quiet and keep to themselves you want to know if they belong to the school because you really don't know their name. But if they had ID badge or name tag at is noticeable to every student should have on campus do you want Easley know the festival belongs to the school then who is to say if you don't make them wear name tags or ID badges that they are killers it has been 164 shootings since the shooting at SandyhookElementary school is set school shootings happened about three a month so we need to make it our business to make sure that our students wear what they're supposed to wear agree if you agree disagree if you disagree

• Identifying Victims of School Tragedies

Sadly in the day and age we are living in it would be a benefit to families and emergency responders when identifying victims of a school tragedy. It could mean a faster means of tracking the medical history of a student who is being rushed to a hospital for emergency treatment. A faster way for notifying families of the injured or those that aren't as lucky during such a tragedy. In many of these cases a faculty/staff member or peer may not be available to identify the student and the student may not be able to provide information on their own behalf.

• Like this causes me grief!

Everyday I have to have this ID and if I don't I'll have to pay $1 if you don't pay you're suspended I'm From Eutawville SC when I was in middle school if I didn't have it they'll make me throw my food away they'll let me get my food but when I got to the scanner I had to throw my food away this is not right like they say it's a law like the kids have to eat etc... But like in HHRMS that's nothing don't have your ID see what happens! Then you have to pay for the $5 for the ID and my parents pay taxes then after that we had to pay for lunch +$100 every semester this was in middle school! This ID stuff is really allowing crazy people to get crazy with a reason! Like I was a kid trying to eat both parents working 9 to 5 you're brining them down with the bill you sent then on the days I didn't have the ID you make me throw my food away! Like just picture the kids who can't afford to buy a ID and pay $1 every time they don't have the ID! The people are getting so corrupt they'll let the money pile up on a kid and make them throw the food away everyday and instead of them just letting the kid pay the $5 for a new id they have to pay off the debt from the days they didn't have a ID plus the Price of a new ID like I'm not even going to check for spelling this really get to me!!!!!!

• I do not see why the students would need to wear ID badges.

I don't see why we would need to wear ID badges as the teacher don't need to know every kid's name off by heart isn't that going a little to far as the teachers already have enough hassle keeping the students in line.

Note: i'm a student in high school right now so i know how the teachers feel on this topic.

• Small schools with few students know who everyone is

I go to a small school were everyone knows everyone. We would know who doesn't belong or if anyone looks like they don't go there. If we forget our name tags one day we get a warning, the next time we get sent to the office and get punished. It doesn't make since. Our classes have 20 students or less, and we rarely get new students. You are with the same students and teachers for 12+ years. No one could sneak in with out being noticed in a matter of seconds.

• No need for it

How does knowing my name help school security? It's unnecessary and frankly, it's an invasion of privacy. Teachers are really becoming power-hungry. First, they can search us whenever they want, they can take our stuff, and now they want us to willing wear identification. This is sounding very martial-law like.

I'm a high school student. If this was put into place, I wouldn't follow it.

• Invasion of privacy

WHY! Is the question really. I am a 16 sophomore student. Id badges take away so much privilege from school events. If you don't ave an ID CARD then you don't get to participate. What about the families that cant afford school costs and funds? Teachers who love their job and care for their students remember their students names. I remember all of my teachers names. Teachers and students build a bond through out the year(s). ID badges is and excuse to take that away.

• Nnn nn h

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh n j j j j ij iojijjj h h h h h h h h h huhhuhu h u huhuhuihhu hu hu hu uhuhuh uhuhuhuuh uhuhu h u hu hu hu uu h u hu uh uhuu u uh uh u hu u uh uh uhuhuh huh uih uh

• Students should use badges instead of ID's

Using a lanyard can get loss while running around at lunch, P.E., etc, and using a badge that can clip onto your shirt would be more useful because it has a less likely chance of being broken or loss. If using a lanyard, you can lose it and break it very easily and then have to pay for a new one over and over when a badge has a higher chance of lasting ALL YEAR, saving money for families and schools!

• No Badges Allowed!!

Because its annoying to wear a badge then loose it somehow then you have to pay for another badge. Besides why would we need one anyways its not like some random kid would willingly go to another school everyone hates school anyways we come because we have too so no badge is needed. We were assigned here

Krieg01 says2013-09-26T02:59:59.757
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes.