Should high school students have to wear uniforms?

• Uniforms stop a lot of issues before they become issues

Yes, I think that high school students should have to wear uniforms. Uniforms give a since of team work and it also encourages a business like atmosphere that high school student will need in the near future. It also curbs some of the conflicts within the school. Many are bullied because of how they are dressed, if everyone is dressed this same, this is no longer the case.

• Yes. I believe high school students should have to wear uniforms.

Yes. I believe high school students should have to wear uniforms, because it would make a lot of situations a lot easier for everyone in involved. Especially economically.. Low income families would save a lot of money buying a few uniforms, instead of today's high priced fashion trends. it would also take the pressure off of kids to wear the cool fashions.

• I Support Uniforms

I believe uniforms help create a more neutral environment that helps create a better environment for students. I believe it also helps people understand that in some cases in life, what they wear is not actually 100% their choice, such as it is in the workforce. I believe this can help all students, rather they are in first grade or a senior in high school.

• Yes,high school students should have to wear uniforms.

High school students should have to wear uniforms.This way the focus can be more on learning and less on fashion.It will also allow parents to budget their clothing allowance more closely and know that their children are wearing appropriate clothing to school and not being too provocative in the learning environment.

• Yes, high school kids need uniforms.

America is becoming obese at an alarming rate. High school girls are wearing less and less clothes. I don't want to check out any fat chicks. Make them wear a uniform so I don't have to look at rolls. This is necessary until we fix obesity in the United States.

• Uniforms create an equal playing field

If all students had to wear uniforms it would more than likely cause a drop in the amount of violence that can occur in schools. It would also allow students to focus more on education itself than on trying to get an outfit together. This causation would probably increase scores then as well.

• Clothing is a method of self-expression.

High-school students are already severely limited in the ways they can express themselves in public schools. Clothing is one way to express themselves. In fact, I think there are too many rules in the dress code, such as no head coverings of any kind. For one, that infringes on religious freedom for some people (such as some Muslims, Jews, and Christians) and can be embarrassing for cancer patients whose hair fell out, leaving them bald. Yes, rules are needed. Such as, no drugs, nudity, or vulgarity on clothing and no private parts showing.

• Freedom of expression

High school is just as much an institution for learning socialization as it is academia, if not moreso in the eyes of many students, and there's no reason that they shouldn't have the opportunity to express their freedom and individuality through their fashion choices. Some believe uniforms may help crack down on bullying, but that's no way to do it.

• No they shouldn't.

I do not believe that high school students should have to wear uniforms, unless they are at a private school. Public schools should not require students to wear a uniform because it is not necessary. The students should be allowed to wear what ever they want, as long as it is not too revealing.