Should high schools allow men's volleyball teams?

Asked by: ginga_ninja
  • There should be

My school has a boy's volleyball team and we enter league championships every year. Boy's volleyball gives the school another opportunity for glory.

What's the point of having a girl's team if there won't be one for boys? That's pretty much promoting the stereotype that volleyball is a female-oriented sport. Boys can also play volleyball since upper-body strength is required.

This goes a bit off topic, but this is similar to the question, "Should high schools allow a girl's basketball team?" Gender should play no role in what sport you would want to play.
    Some students aspire to be an Olympian volleyball player. High school boy's volleyball provide a chance for male athletes to start pursuing that dream.

• Equity in gender

Men and women can both play volleyball and to the same level so why shouldn't there be a men's volleyball team. I also think that there should be a women's football and basketball team if women want to play. If you want to play a certain sport and be part of team you can do it and you should be able to do it no matter what gender you are.

• Thats very fair

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Thats very fair

• Yes yes yes

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a ayes a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a aa a a a a and. A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a and. A a a a a

• Yes yes yes

• It is not fair for the boys how can play volley ball

That and it is just not girls that can play boys can play to and girls can do men's work to so it is not just a girls thing my school has a coed team instead of just a girls team and a boys team why not a coed team

• It should be allowed

Bump, Set, Spike all terms of volleyball that are used at high schools across Colorado but only for women. That’s why we need to invest in a men's volleyball team because I know for sure Springfield would have a team. I know this because just out of the sophomores and freshman we have a team. In our P.E. Class we have at least 8 guys that play and we destroy.
    Instead of investing in new jerseys and stuff we could just use old basketball jerseys just so the school doesn’t waste money. I don't know about other schools but i bet there would be a few that would have a team. It would be a great experience for those people who don't like football maybe they will play volleyball. So those kids who don't do much exercise maybe they like volleyball who knows.
    There are plenty more reasons like it would be fun or a great learning experience. I know that girls play powder puff football during homecoming, but can still play normal football and the guys play iron man volleyball, but can’t play on a legit team. However, if we had an actual men’s volleyball team it would be longer than just a day for 30 minutes. It doesn’t have to be a full time thing it could be maybe three weeks or so.
    There are some of the reasons that men’s volleyball is a great idea. First, you wouldn't even have to waste money for jerseys. Second there might be more kids involved with sports. It could be longer carried out instead of 30 minutes one day a year. So it would be just like other sports you have to keep your grades up and stuff. Bump, Set, Spike, is used only by women let's make it fair so men can use it too. One more thing is that it gives the school another chance for glory. That should be enough reason to have a men's volleyball team.

• Yes because it is fun for them

Vollyball is also for boys.Everybody should have fun.I say yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!.It sould be fun for everybody. Everybody should have fun and all they want.They could support them in other sports and bring home a tropie.I still say yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss.It's fun for everybody and everybody sould have fun.It' fun and everybody needs to go and play whatever they want to do.

• Yes because it is fun for them

• Why should they not have one

I mean if they want to, go for it. No one would be stopping them, as their is no reason they shouldn't have a guys volleyball team. Volleyball isn't specifically designed for women. So for that reason, I'm going to say that yes they CAN but that does not mean they have to. Bye

• Are we missing something

I do not see any reason as to why a specific sports team should not be permitted just because of someones opinion. More information is needed to support this stance,or for that matter go against it. If there is a reason to go against this, i would be very interested in hearing it out. That being said, if you have a reason, make sure it cant be applied to every sport

• No they shouldn't sorry but no

I say no way Jose's only a boys team and a girls team when they spike the ball over the net it's going to hurt like hell when you get under the ball I love absolutely love it but it's crazy for boys to play volleyball with girls because it's like the Olympics they have a boys team not boys and girls there gender is separated because it's how there strength and strides are different so that's my opinion you have yours