Should high schools allow men's volleyball teams?

Asked by: ginga_ninja
  • There should be

My school has a boy's volleyball team and we enter league championships every year. Boy's volleyball gives the school another opportunity for glory.

What's the point of having a girl's team if there won't be one for boys? That's pretty much promoting the stereotype that volleyball is a female-oriented sport. Boys can also play volleyball since upper-body strength is required.

This goes a bit off topic, but this is similar to the question, "Should high schools allow a girl's basketball team?" Gender should play no role in what sport you would want to play.
    Some students aspire to be an Olympian volleyball player. High school boy's volleyball provide a chance for male athletes to start pursuing that dream.

• Equity in gender

Men and women can both play volleyball and to the same level so why shouldn't there be a men's volleyball team. I also think that there should be a women's football and basketball team if women want to play. If you want to play a certain sport and be part of team you can do it and you should be able to do it no matter what gender you are.

• Many boys are loosing opportunities

I know several boys who play volleyball at their schools but my school doesn't have one. We are like the laughing stock of the high schools because of it. I would love to play volleyball If I could. College has it, the Olympics has it, and club ball has it so why not high school?

• I myself am a boy in highschool who LOVES to play volleyball!

My friends and I always love going to the park for sand volley ball or even a gym and just playing the sport. I have loved the sport since i was young. I would definately play volleyball in high school if they had a team for guys, but they dont. I believe and gender should be allowed to play any sport!

• Guys and girls should have the same sports

I think that guys and girls should have the same sports.. Like guys have baseball girls have softball. Guys and Girls both have Soccer, Boys dont have a volleyball team, girls do.. We have a wrestling team.. But girls are more than welcome to join that sport if they want... Girls have volleyball and if some guys join the team.. Its
    " unfair ". But we let the girls join the wrestling team... They should let guys join the volleyball team

• There should be a men's volleyball team

I mean if there is a girls basketball team why cant there be a boys volleyball team. Basketball is considered a boys sport because it requires upper body strength and endurance. So why not have there be a high school boys volleyball team. So I say let the boys have a chance to play.

• Girls are not the only ones who like volleyball

Boys after the age of 11 can no longer play co-ed volleyball and therefore are stopped from playing in this area (Michigan). For boys like my brothers, their heart and souls are put in this game and it's being taken from them. I don't want this to happen to the boys who grew up with sisters and fell in love with the game or for any boy in general who wants to play. So I am protesting for a boy volleyball team at my school. For more information please visit my website at www.boysvolleyballmi.weebly.com

• Because it's fun

I played volleyball on an all girls team throughout middle school I was one oft the best players I thought myself how to serve and it came naturally. When it came time to go to high school I found out that there was no guys team I had a goal of playing volleyball in college but since there was no volleyball team for guys I knew it was going to be almost impossible for me to get recognized or recruited for volleyball so I eventually stopped playing. There are high schools that let girls play football and then there are some that let girls do wrestling why not let guys play volleyball

• Yes because it's fun

I believe that there should be teams for Guys and then teams for girls I played in middle school through the boys and girls club. I wanted to play in high school but they didn't have a guys team so I couldn't but they let some girls play football and others do wrestling it's only fair to allow guys to play volleyball and plus they have guys volleyball in college if you are a good player it's almost nearly impossible to try to get recognized if your high school doesn't have a team.

• Thats very fair

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Why should they not have one

I mean if they want to, go for it. No one would be stopping them, as their is no reason they shouldn't have a guys volleyball team. Volleyball isn't specifically designed for women. So for that reason, I'm going to say that yes they CAN but that does not mean they have to. Bye

• Are we missing something

I do not see any reason as to why a specific sports team should not be permitted just because of someones opinion. More information is needed to support this stance,or for that matter go against it. If there is a reason to go against this, i would be very interested in hearing it out. That being said, if you have a reason, make sure it cant be applied to every sport

• No they shouldn't sorry but no

I say no way Jose's only a boys team and a girls team when they spike the ball over the net it's going to hurt like hell when you get under the ball I love absolutely love it but it's crazy for boys to play volleyball with girls because it's like the Olympics they have a boys team not boys and girls there gender is separated because it's how there strength and strides are different so that's my opinion you have yours

• No, because there would not be enough players!

People say it's a girl sport. It's not, but a lot of boys think so. A lot of boys in by school don't like volley ball. It's for girls and boys, but there is simply not enough players to become a volleyball player. I personally do not like volleyball, so I don't naturally think there should be a team.