Should high schools allow men's volleyball teams?

Asked by: ginga_ninja
  • There should be

My school has a boy's volleyball team and we enter league championships every year. Boy's volleyball gives the school another opportunity for glory.

What's the point of having a girl's team if there won't be one for boys? That's pretty much promoting the stereotype that volleyball is a female-oriented sport. Boys can also play volleyball since upper-body strength is required.

This goes a bit off topic, but this is similar to the question, "Should high schools allow a girl's basketball team?" Gender should play no role in what sport you would want to play.
    Some students aspire to be an Olympian volleyball player. High school boy's volleyball provide a chance for male athletes to start pursuing that dream.

• Equity in gender

Men and women can both play volleyball and to the same level so why shouldn't there be a men's volleyball team. I also think that there should be a women's football and basketball team if women want to play. If you want to play a certain sport and be part of team you can do it and you should be able to do it no matter what gender you are.

• Having a men’s volleyball team should be aloud for more freedom in guys sports in high schools.

My school does not have a men’s team as well, But almost ever guy and girl that I talk to in my school says that having a men’s team would be very fun and that they would do it/watch it. I think there should be a men’s volleyball team for the school because girls have access to really any sport where as guys don’t have as much access such as girls can do wrestling (which I have seen) girls can do baseball (which also happened at my school). And yes I agree with the fact that a guy should not be aloud to play on a girls team because there would be unfair advantages, But I think with the fact that girls can pick and choose there sports, It shouldn’t be hard to put together some type of men’s volleyball activity even if it was just a club and you played each other.

• Boy volleyball should be a thing

I live in North Carolina and there isn’t a public high school that has a boys volleyball team. The interest in volleyball for boys is growing very rapidly and the school systems seem to not care about it. There are probably 2 boys travel clubs in the whole state of North Carolina and they’re either 2+ hours away or they are wanting you to pay $2000 for 1 season of volleyball.

• There should be volleyball it's not fair

It's no fair that there is women's volleyball in a lot of schools in the USA I live in Virginia and would love to play volleyball I'm a 9th grade freshman and am eager to play volleyball and I've been doing research and there is no volleyball near my community so all I can do is watch videos and play on my own it really does suck.

• Yes because volleyball has no male alternative.

Boys should definetly be able to play volleyball because if there is no alternative to a sport you have to let the other sex play it.An example is baseball=softball but football=none so girls also play football.Plus you can always have more people to play on your team.So yes I think boys should be able to play volleyball.

• Many boys are loosing opportunities

I know several boys who play volleyball at their schools but my school doesn't have one. We are like the laughing stock of the high schools because of it. I would love to play volleyball If I could. College has it, the Olympics has it, and club ball has it so why not high school?

• I myself am a boy in highschool who LOVES to play volleyball!

My friends and I always love going to the park for sand volley ball or even a gym and just playing the sport. I have loved the sport since i was young. I would definately play volleyball in high school if they had a team for guys, but they dont. I believe and gender should be allowed to play any sport!

• Guys and girls should have the same sports

I think that guys and girls should have the same sports.. Like guys have baseball girls have softball. Guys and Girls both have Soccer, Boys dont have a volleyball team, girls do.. We have a wrestling team.. But girls are more than welcome to join that sport if they want... Girls have volleyball and if some guys join the team.. Its
    " unfair ". But we let the girls join the wrestling team... They should let guys join the volleyball team

• Why should they not have one

I mean if they want to, go for it. No one would be stopping them, as their is no reason they shouldn't have a guys volleyball team. Volleyball isn't specifically designed for women. So for that reason, I'm going to say that yes they CAN but that does not mean they have to. Bye

• Are we missing something

I do not see any reason as to why a specific sports team should not be permitted just because of someones opinion. More information is needed to support this stance,or for that matter go against it. If there is a reason to go against this, i would be very interested in hearing it out. That being said, if you have a reason, make sure it cant be applied to every sport

• No they shouldn't sorry but no

I say no way Jose's only a boys team and a girls team when they spike the ball over the net it's going to hurt like hell when you get under the ball I love absolutely love it but it's crazy for boys to play volleyball with girls because it's like the Olympics they have a boys team not boys and girls there gender is separated because it's how there strength and strides are different so that's my opinion you have yours

• No, because there would not be enough players!

People say it's a girl sport. It's not, but a lot of boys think so. A lot of boys in by school don't like volley ball. It's for girls and boys, but there is simply not enough players to become a volleyball player. I personally do not like volleyball, so I don't naturally think there should be a team.