Should high schools support athletes and athletics programs more than arts programs?

• High school should support athletes and athletic programs more than the arts program.

High school should support athletes and athletic programs more than the arts program financially. High school sports are more expensive than the arts. A proportionate amount should be used to fund the arts. Art programs are as valuable as athletics and should be provided with the amount of support that is needed to have a quality program.

• High school athletic programs deserve as much support as art programs

High school athletic programs deserve as much support as art programs. There should be no distinction between those two. Art and athletics programs are both equally important to a school and one should not get more funding than the other. As a former artist myself, I will promote art and athletic programs just as much. There are students who like one or the other, and they are both important to student success.

• No, I don't believe high schools should support athletes and athletic programs more then arts programs.

I believe that both athletics and arts should be supported equally in schools, I don't believe it's right to be favoring one over the other and I believe that it's only fair to give an equal amount of resources to both activities, not everyone is interested in sports and not everyone is interested in arts.

• No, all programs should be equally supported

Not every child can be an athlete. Should the child who doesn't excel at sports be told what he or she is good at isn't as important? Also, in terms of real life, the chances of making a living playing a sport are much smaller than the chances of making a living in the arts. Therefore, both should be equally encouraged and supported.