• Toll roads are ripping us off and should be banned.

Yes, Toll roads should be banned. Taxpayers already pay enough taxes in the form of Federal, State, County, City, Gas, Sale, Etc. Signs indicating that these roads are toll roads should be more prominent specially at night. Google maps or any application should warn the driver about the toll fees instead of stirring drivers to take these roads. This is a scam by these applications. It is abusive.

• Bs toll roads

I already pay taxes, Is that not enough? ! Toll roads are highway robbery. Ocfa and and octa suck balls. I dont think i need to say anymore on this subject! They keep killing people and charging people to death. We need to unite as one. Everyone stop paying tolls especially orange county ca, They can't get everyone. Or gloss your plates make them unrradable to camera! Call vote complain to government about the clowns in office especially in orange county ca

• Bjp government harrash everyone by impose tollgate

Bjp government should stop the procedure to impose highway tollgates . Because everyone will be harrash by this toll gates .. Now a days in Indian no one can do any business peacefully.. It look like govt of India impose taxas as their will... It is very shameful for all... It's a unnecessary tax by bjp govt..

• Fuck the tolls

I absolutetly cant stand the tolls in IL...This is a corrupt state with many politicians taking are fucking money...It should be free to drive on any road..Bullshit set up is what it is..Just like the taxes we pay here..It costs me 14$ a day to drive on i 355 to get to work and back..Now thats som3 bullshit

• Toll roads should be banned!

Toll roads are a big pain and should be banned. Not only are they annoying, they are a waste of money. Families can spend hundreds of dollars just on tolls when they are on a vacation near a large city. We already pay lots of money on taxes every year, so why should we pay even more to drive on a road! That is why It makes no sense to have toll roads, and they should be banned.

• Middle class workers will loose a lot of money

We pay taxes on fuel and should not be paying more to use our fuel our taxes also can fund to build and repair the bridge or highway and I am 100 percent sure that the city has enough money already to pay off the bridge and repair or reconstruct it

• Tolls violate your right to freedom of movement

The masses should avoid toll roads until they lose so much money they have to close them Tolls are collected for wallstreet not roads. The toll companies are owned by foreign entities. The money is collected, to pay bonds and then sold as securities on the stock market and in the end we all get stiffed. Income tax, property tax, sales tax, gas tax, cell phone tax, We need to go back to the Gold standard Dollar. Abolish the Federal Reserve system and IRS, CIA, FBI, NSA, and create NEW offices to replace them.

• One of many truck drivers

We pay taxes on fuel and miles driven in each state plus federal income tax... All these taxes and your tellinge they need more money for roads.... No i dont think so. At what point do we just say no. Bottom line there is more than enough money to pay for the roads without haveing tolls most tolls are independently owned any way. Most not all!

• Tolls provide funds for job opportunities.

Tolls collect the funds for road maintenance (should the government be honest about it), and hence create more job opportunities for tollbooth collectors, road service workers, etc. No tolls = no job opportunities = no road maintenance = bad road quality = more complaints. I do not agree with abolishing tolls completely, but I agree that tollbooths that create massive traffic jams during rush hour to be abolished. For the remaining tollbooths, I will suggest to reduce the fares instead of abolishing them.

• Tollbooths provide job opportunities.

Tolls provide funds for maintenance of highways (should the government be truthful about it), in which it will job opportunities such as road maintenance workers and tollbooth collectors, etc. No tolls = no funds = no maintenance/service = bad road quality = more complaints. I do not agree in banning tolls completely, however, I will suggest tolls that cause a huge jam during rush hours to be taken off, and to the remain tolls, I wouldn't suggest abolishing them but reduce the toll fares instead.

• No, they are a necessary way of creating revenue to keep roads paved and updated.

Tolls shouldn't be banned, but I can see how the rates could be reduced. Tolls cannot be banned altogether though, it's just not feasible. Tolls are necessary to create revenue and keep tolls roads paved and clear of potholes and other damage caused by normal wear and tear of vehicles and incliment weather.