• Tolls should be banned or at least reduced

For as many drivers that drive through a toll booth I think its absurd that those tolls cost so much. First of all its offensive that we pay taxes on everything and have to pay to drive from one exit to the next. The government says the money is used to fix bridges and roads, when there are roads with tolls in worse shape then those without. The government will always find a way to take more money from its people all the way down to charging for collecting rain water! I hate tolls, I hate the fees associated with them. I hate that on some roads the only way to get to the other side conveniently (like the key-bridge, from Dundalk to glen Burnie) is to pay. I don't mind roads created with a toll to give drivers another option to sitting in traffic, but paying for a road that is the only option is Ridiculous!

• Double tax for fat cats

Tolls are another way to tax the people to make corrupt officials their family and friends rich. Moneys are allocated by the fed, state and county govts to handle this yet thru gross mismanagement it is lost to corrupt bidding to corrupt connected companies who go behind schedule and way over budget. This is a way to make the private toll collection companies who most certainly are connected rich at the expense of the working man and woman who are getting new taxes, fees, tolls thrown at them everyday.

• It is WRONG

Listen up everyone, toll roads should be abolished immediately. We pay taxes enough and the taxes we already pay are supposed to be used wisely and paying for roads is one of those items that our tax dollar should be used for. Instead, we are paying a hidden tax to toll road companies that work for the government so the government can collect even more money from us. #ENDTOLLROADS

• Plenty of states don't have em, and have better roads than the ones that do.

I spent a month in the Rocky mountain and southwest states and never paid a single toll. Their roads were still in better shape than the states that charge you a toll just to drive on their road. Nobody should have to pay to drive on a road, if taxes can't cover it, then there's a problem! The first ones that needs to go are the abomination known as the Illinois tollway, the absurd $8 to cross I80 in Indiana, and the ridiculous $10 on the Ohio turnpike!

• They should have tolls

I think they should have tolls because Connecticut is wasting the towns money by repaving streets, moving sewers and doing other unneeded things to the state. Also the tolls will help gain more money that the town is wasting to get more reasonable things for the town of Southington, Connecticut!!!!!

• Highway tolls should be banned.

Highway tolls should be banned. I believe that the government makes enough
    from other avenues to not need any of the money that they collect from all of
    the nation’s toll roads and highways. I
    think that citizens should be able to travel anywhere they want freely without
    having to pay.

• No, they are a necessary way of creating revenue to keep roads paved and updated.

Tolls shouldn't be banned, but I can see how the rates could be reduced. Tolls cannot be banned altogether though, it's just not feasible. Tolls are necessary to create revenue and keep tolls roads paved and clear of potholes and other damage caused by normal wear and tear of vehicles and incliment weather.