Should historical artifacts be returned to their country of origin upon discover?

• FUCK YES but...

The question lies in whether they were smuggled out of their country of origin or not. We all know the nazis did. So did the british in their rule of India. Those are the prominent ones I remember. If so, then justice dictates they be returned to their country of origin. But if like some asshole attacked someplace with an army and lost, then my personal opinion is that those artifacts whatever was left behind of them would belong to that place cause u know, spoils of war and shit

• Cultural Identity Matters

Historical artifacts should be returned to the sovereign nation the came from upon request because they are a part of the people in question's history. People not affiliated to a specific social grouping should not have the final say about where historically significant objects end up because these artifacts rightfully belong to the original owner’s ancestors. That is not to say museums in nations other than the one where the artifact came from should not be allowed to display these objects. It is important to educate the masses about other cultures and a primary way of doing this is through the use of museums displaying foreign artifacts because not everyone has the means to travel all over the world. But if a country requests to have an item that is rightfully theirs back, they should have it returned because it is a part of their cultural identity.

• Cultural Identity Matters

• Because you should

I reckon it just should i reckoi reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    vvi reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    vvvi reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    vi reckon it just should
    vvvi reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should
    vi reckon it just should
    vvvi reckon it just should
    n it just should
    i reckon it just should
    i reckon it just should

• Yes they f***ing do.

I said yes cause they have to give back to where it belongs to. Don't be selfish and think that it belongs to you if you find it. It's bulls**t. Like the first guy said, if there's a person who's breaking into your yard and taking away some kind of artefacts or something of yours that they think that it's a artefact from you, and if that's me, I'll be like:"Yo, you b***h why are you taking my thing?". End

• Yes they f***ing do.

• Yes they f***ing do.

• Yes they f***ing do.

• Yes they do

Because if they're not with their country of origin, it's basically taking away something of theirs. It's like, if someone came and took your pets that were buried in your yard, how would you feel? The artifacts probably have a very spiritual purpose, and it isn't fair if we take it all away.

• Yes they do

Yes because they could not be looking around on a different country and they could not be another people property. A also sometime they don't ask if they can search for something and also they can not do whatever they want on a different country and do crazy thing around

• King of Wakanda says No they should not!!!

Poor countries might not keep it in good condition and plenty of people visit museums.
    Firstly, poor countries might not have the money to keep it in good condition which might spoil the original form of the artifacts.
    Secondly, plenty people visit museums which is good because it gives an insight on the country making people interested and wanting to go there and learn about there culture giving the country more tourists.

BLACK PANTHER
    KING OF WAKANDA

• Not at all

No because like knowledge it spreads. If there is something ancient the world should know about it. Also no one would know about space if the people who proved it did not tell anyone about it and say ooooo you stole my information im telling oops getting of topic. Anyways this is why you should not.

• No because they did nothing to help find it.

The people who found the artifact should be able to let their country keep it because they did all of the heavy lifting. It wouldn't be fair if somebody has been searching for something their whole life, just for it to be taken away when they found it... Their is more on this topic, but I will not go into that as I do not have the time. I am currently doing homework and am writing an essay. (I procrastinated) I thought that this would be worth my time, and it was because I got to freely speak my thoughts. I'm 11 btw lol.

• No i think they should not

The artifacts should not be returned because the artifacts they inform the people of the other countries about history and ancient countries like Egypt. This also keeps the museums in business and keeps people working and making money. Some poor countries might not be able to keep the artifacts in the right condition. Warner Alexander

• Noooooooooooooonoonononononon no no

NononononononoonnoononononononoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONONONONONONONONO i said NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooonoooooooooooooooooonononnnononononoononojuyesyesye eysy eyes yes y esy eys eyyesye y;esyeye sye ysye ysye n oononononono o onno on no no nonoononnono no ono no no ono no on ono no on ono no on ono no on on ono no no on ono no on ono on on on nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Noooooooooooooonoonononononon no no

• Noooooooooooooonoonononononon no no

• I hope to die

This web site gives me aids/cancer you all need to get a life. So to copy you, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No ggg g

Pencils equal rights pencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rightspencils equal rights

• No ggg g