Should history be studied in school even though humans seem doomed to repeat it anyway?

• Yes it should.

History should be studied in school even though humans seem doomed to repeat it anyway. There is still a lot to learn from history and as long as a few kids are able to better themselves with this knowledge means that it should still be studied in all forms of school.

• Yes, history should be studied

Even though humans frequently repeat history, it should still be studied in schools. A lot of mistakes have happened in the past and it is possible to learn from mistakes other people have made. I think that history should be made available to study, but maybe not be a necessary field if a person does not want to study it.

• History isn't really about teaching lessons.

History should be studied in school even though humans seem doomed to repeat it anyway. This is because history serves more so to teach the cultural makings over specific periods of time than to actually teach lessons. History teaches us how we got here, why we got here, and might help us think about how to get to the next point.

• History should be studied.

History should be studied. You can learn things from it and things wouldn't be the way they are today if it weren't for what happened in the past. It helps you understand where things came from in culture and the reasons why things are the way they are. It also helps you improve the way things are now.

• History Is Important

I believe history should be studied in school even though humans seem to be doomed to repeat it anyway. I believe it would be hard to argue that humans haven't benefited from the recording of history and I believe many people and nations use examples of the past to guide their decisions today. Humans are fallible, that doesn't mean we should write off history because of it.