• Isn't it anyway?

Official or not, there's nobody that doesn't think of hockey when asked to think of Canadian sports. It's a great game played all over the world, but nowhere is it focused on so near exclusively as in Canada. They really don't have to go to the effort of announcing it, it's already how people perceive the sport.

• Hokcey is afamily tradition

Families would gather around the radio to listen to hockey. When the television was created families would gather around the TV to take part in a canadian tradition of watching hockey night in canada on saturday nights. Don Cherry's whacky suits and old school opinion is why coaches corner has been on CBC for so long

• SfdGzfddddddddddd nn nn

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnn n n n n n b bv v v v v n n nn n n nn n n n n n n n n n nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n n n n n nn n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n

• SfdGzfddddddddddd nn nn

• SfdGzfddddddddddd nn nn

• Poop WE\ E\ RAG

Hockey asf gadrgsrtfhsf thsrh srh srthsr hsrth srthrtsh rst hsrth srth srth rthtsrth srtsr hsrth srth srth srth srthshrt sth thsrth sth tshthsrth sht a hstrtshr shtbrhtb shtb hb tsrhtb hstb rt sb htsbh tb htbr thsbt thrst ht hsrth sth srthsrthrshtsrthsrthrsthrrh thrth ht r htth th rthth hst thths

• Hockey Makes Canada.

When I think of Hockey, I automatically think of Canada... No doubt. I believe that Hockey is a very important part of Canada's culture. Canadians love when the big game comes on television and I don't really see many Canadians freaking out over a Lacrosse game. I just think that Lacrosse doesn't really define Canada, whereas Hockey is loved all over the country by many.

• The fact that the two countries and territories

The fact is that you can get a new phone case and the rest of the best thing about the future is a good great very much like for a while few days and the other first day of at the end end of this is a not a good bad for I am don't know how to I don't know have to be do it for again and in the morning world first place in I don't think I might can have a nice day person who has is can I get have my own number of one direction and a the I have to go to out of the best thing of my life friends with the a team that has is the most important thing is I have can't believe I have no idea idea what I do want was in the morning is a going to on a date for a few long while the other rest of the day after the day I have no clue what who was in my.

• Canada's national sport should be hockey because most boys that live in Canada dream of growing up and playing professional hockey not football or soccer.

Every weekend for a year, Carlo Cimetta drove three hours from Sarnia, Ont., to Toronto so his then-10-year-old son could play in the high-calibre Greater Toronto Hockey League. He later rented a home in Port Huron, Mich., so his son could play in Detroit’s renowned ‘Honeybaked’ AAA hockey organization, with its twice-daily hour-long commute.

He knows some people call him a ‘‘crazy hockey dad,’’ but he swears he wasn’t trying to create a National Hockey League superstar.

“I wanted to teach [my children] to do the very best you can and to be the very best you can be. So that means we have to make some sacrifices — and they were big sacrifices,” he said. “From the outside, [people say] ‘This is crazy, this is fanatical, this is extreme.’ I understand all that. But I also know what the true motivation was.”

School comes first, he said, and minor hockey has made Matthew, now 17, a dedicated student on track for a spot on Cornell University’s hockey team. But who knows? “If anything we downplay [making the NHL], but in his heart in his mind, would he like to stay with it and continue to keep that door open and that aspiration in the back of his mind? Absolutely.”

• Of course! I didn't even know until I Googled it a few days ago.

At least 50% of Canadians play hockey. There are programs for helping kids play hockey, and I've never heard of programs about lacrosse. I, personally, don't like lacrosse at all. When people think of hockey, they think of Canada. Period. I have never seen a lacrosse rink, and all across the country, there are hockey rinks. Always, "Want to go see a hockey game?" Never, "Want to go see a lacrosse game?"

• No, Canada has other sports.

Making hockey the national sport of Canada would almost be a rude stereotype to Canadians. There are a bunch of other sports played in Canada such as lacrosse and football (soccer) as well, not only hockey. That’s like saying here in America we only value baseball out of all the other sports that we have.

• It Shouldn't Be

I do not think that Canada should make hockey their national sport. Yes, hockey is the major sport in that country, but it is not the only one. It would be kind of a slap in the face of some of the other major sports and franchises. It would also discourage owners from moving their team or creating a franchise in that area.

• History matters most

Although I am American and yes I play lacrosse. I am not a biased 14 year old. I believe that the national sport for any country should be evaluated based on the history. Not by how popular it is, or how good the country is. Currently the national sport for Canada is Lacrosse in the spring and Hockey in the winter. So there are 2 sports.

• Yes this sport is amazing

Hockey is one of my favorite sports. I know lacrosse is the national sport of Canada but some of the greatest come from Canada So that's my reason of why Canada's national sport should be the holy grail also known as hockey. I'm going to go play hockey now so bye.

• No country should ever have a national sport.

Canada is a country of variety. With a population of 35 million people, you cannot associate one sport. Every person in Canada has the right to enjoy whichever sport they like, and this is really common sense for any country. That's the reality. The only reason why so many Canadians like hockey is because of the propaganda; there are many other sports that are popular in Canada but people don't really know about them simply because of hockey.

• No country should have a national sport.

Canada is a country of 35 million people. It has many different cultures, different types of weather, different types of people, etc. Canada is a country of variety. You cannot associate one sport with a country of 35 million people , especially with all the variety the country has. Most Canadians don't even care about hockey; few people actually take it seriously. And this should be common sense for any country in the world. Countries have millions of people who all play different sports. That's the same with Canada. That's the reality. Some Canadians seem to think that being Canadian means automatically being associated with hockey, but that is not true. I, for example, have lived in Canada my whole life and have never cared about the sport. Many others are the same.

GothSkunk says2013-02-22T07:57:21.310
Hockey is the official WINTER sport of Canada. But the official SUMMER sport of Canada is Lacrosse.
dan66redford says2013-11-14T18:31:04.020
I know but i was just thinking of Canadian sports quickly and lacrosse was the first to head
batten says2015-11-14T23:48:59.690
For you few canadians who dont like hockey but you like other sports all i can say is your morons,and im american