• Without a shred of doubt yes

As more and more high school students graduate and go on to either college or even into the work force, these classes will teach them financial independence and ways they can use their money wisely and effectively. Basic courses on setting up checking and saving accounts, teaching kids how to cash checks, dealing with student debt (or debt in general), to even lessons in the stock market, would be useful tools for young adults as they become more responsible for themselves. Not to mention the potential for lessons in nutrition, valuable cooking strategies, basic home repairs, even skills with a needle and thread! Being able to pay your own taxes, choosing the right foods and having the skills to cook them properly, managing your income and debt, are indispensable to the adult life.

• Home economics should be taught in schools

As a high--school student myself, I know the importance of being able to cook yourself a meal. Our society consumes way to much process, enhanced and genetically altered food now and because of all the unhealthy fast-food places located everywhere we live it is difficult to get back to the roots of preparing your own food at home. When you know how how cook yourself, you know exactly what is going into your food and you can control what you are consuming. You cannot control what is being shoved into a Burger King Big Mac. Cooking is a necessary skill that everyone should learn, and having it taught to us mandatory in school is one way to ensure we know how to make food for ourselves.

• It helps in our daily lives ...For example i know how to cook a foods that i wanted to eat;

For example cake or pastries. My button is missing so i know what to do because i know how to repair it. No need to spend money for that missing buttons. Some furniture is broken especially wood furniture if you have a knowledge you can do it with yourself to fixed it

• Home economic is essential to everyday life.

Schools should have home economics classes because not all parents have time, or the know how to able to teach their kids. So the schools need to step it up. If it weren't for home economic I would not have learned that I like to bake. I didn't even know what the different utensils were called until I took home economics.

• Modern Day Version of Home Ec teaches basic life skills for both genders

Life is an equal opportunity event. To live life, one must learn to master skills of cooking/nutrition, taking care of the home/children, financial obligations -- how to pay bills, balance a checkbook and buy a house. All parts of home ec. Sewing is an option... But the other items are life skills. Sure, we can and should learn these at home... But a different perspective of solid education is sorely needed in today's society to help raise children into responsible adults who can thrive. For a public school education designed to give our youth a helpful bridge into adulthood, this is a must along side reading, writing and math. We all have to eat, we KNOW that nutrition is key. Most will have children... Basic child rearing is essential. Most will have a bank account and need to know how to spend money... These are basics in life and not currently being taught.

• Of course we need it!

Many parents don’t have time to teach their children how to cook so if they have a home economics class, they could learn & then do it a home. Numerous people would say,”This idea is stupid, we have a fridge, oven, & a stove so why in the world do we need home economics?”. I would like to say we do need that class because every year, people just rely on technology to do everything for them. What if they have no money & they need to make their own dinner & all they know how to use is microwave for ramen noodles?

• 4454544444445 ut6g nk

Bliul jlb i;b lbn pib lmn p;h lkj lkj ;i lp; klh jh l j b b b b b b b b b b b b bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb b bb b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b

• ,nouo9u98u yhg080u09 iuiu

Miuikbdaksbiuwqdiqouhwfdiuqbi fewiuu b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b bbbbbbbb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb bb b bb b

• Absolutely it should!!

With the number of childhood obesity on the rise, it is essential to teach students the importance of healthy eating, healthy living and how to support a healthy lifestyle. Many parents today, no fault of their own due to demanding jobs, which means less time at home, don't have the time to cook nor the time to teach kids how to cook. It is just the way it is. How are kids going to learn such skills that are vital for life and living? The skills that they can learn through the Home Economics classroom, are skills for life. Isn't that what education is all about?!

• Absolutely it should!!

• I Say NO

We don't need Home Economics because the dad and mom can teach their children how to do all the things they did in the home economic classes. Furthermore, there is a reason why there are restaurants, washing machines, etc. It is for the people to use them so that the person who owns the business can get money, which will lead to a better economy.

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• Passing down from family to family.

• No, it is not necessary today.

No, home economics should not be a required class, because home economics is not a needed skill today. Children do not need to learn to show in a world where clothes are cheap and not made at home. Children do not need to learn how to cook when they can buy pre-packaged and prepared food.

• A Dissenting Opinion.

I'll be honest, part of this was just because you can't have a debate without dissenting opinions, however I can only agree with this "No" by using the exact wording of the question. And even then, it is a fairly weak "No". I don't think it is strictly necessary for everyone to take the class - I know a few old classmates who already had several of these skills before even getting to high school. It can also be a logistical nightmare to make sure every student - especially in larger schools - takes a certain course. However, I do think it should be mandatory for schools to have the class available to all students who want to take it.