• Home economics should be a REQUIRED class

You may think that it shouldn't because your mother and your father could teach you. Well let me tell you something just because you ask doesn't mean your parents will drop everything to teach you how to make spaghetti and how to cook chicken then you must be crazy. Your parents have lives to you know. I know from experience that when you live alone you can't just make sandwiches all the time. You people who said no have zero reason to believe what you say. If you want to convince people that it should not be a required class do research and actually try. I am a twelve year old girl and I have a better argument than my mom and dad can teach me. If you have complaintents or comments about my essay email me at
    anna.Heppermann@davidsonacademy.Com .

anna.Heppermann@davidsonacademy.Com .

anna.Heppermann@davidsonacademy.Com .

anna.Heppermann@davidsonacademy.Com .

anna.Heppermann@davidsonacademy.Com .

• It really good.

It learns me stuf because it helps me learn stuff which helps me learn other stuff which can help me learn more things which goes on and on, which basically means im smart. That why home ec is very good for all the peoples to have and schools need to do it.

• It really good.

• It really good.

• Home economics should be a required class.

I think that home economics should be a required class because it teaches kids about things that they will need later on in life. When kids get older, they aren't going to have their parents there to help them with these basic life skills. Home economics teaches kids valuable life skills that they are going to need when their parents aren't there for them.

• Millennial generation needs it

I'm 25 years old and had one home ec class in the 8th grade because it was mandatory. Besides learning how to cook instant noodles and eggs, baking cookies at home, the class taught me how to cook actual meals. I wished it was offered in high school so that I was better prepared to handle finances. My mom is a single mother so she was always working and didn't have time to teach me much. I grew up self-taught on many things and learned the hard way. I wish I knew how to sew so I can fix the minor things on my clothes, bed sheets, make curtains etc. I rather learn the basic skills in person rather than searching how to do things on google and youtube. Home ec teaches students to be self-sufficient.

• I say NO

We don't need to have a home economics class, because the students will just get bored and fall asleep. The student's parents can easily teach their kids how to cook, its mostly already done and prepackaged. The student don't need to know how to sew clothes, because they can just buy something else.

• I Say NO

We don't need Home Economics because the dad and mom can teach their children how to do all the things they did in the home economic classes. Furthermore, there is a reason why there are restaurants, washing machines, etc. It is for the people to use them so that the person who owns the business can get money, which will lead to a better economy.

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• I Say NO

• Passing down from family to family.

• No, it is not necessary today.

No, home economics should not be a required class, because home economics is not a needed skill today. Children do not need to learn to show in a world where clothes are cheap and not made at home. Children do not need to learn how to cook when they can buy pre-packaged and prepared food.

• A Dissenting Opinion.

I'll be honest, part of this was just because you can't have a debate without dissenting opinions, however I can only agree with this "No" by using the exact wording of the question. And even then, it is a fairly weak "No". I don't think it is strictly necessary for everyone to take the class - I know a few old classmates who already had several of these skills before even getting to high school. It can also be a logistical nightmare to make sure every student - especially in larger schools - takes a certain course. However, I do think it should be mandatory for schools to have the class available to all students who want to take it.