Should homework assignments be limited to a maximum of three nights a week? 

• Homework is for faggots

Homework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggotshomework is for faggots

• Too much homework is a bad thing

Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye. Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye. Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye.Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye. Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye. Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye. Too much homework leads to bad grades. Bye.

• N n n n

N n n n n nnn n n n n n nn n n n n n nn n n n nn n nn n nnn n n n n nn n n nn nn n nn n n nn n n n n n nn n n n n n nn n n n n nn n n n n n nn n n nn nn nn n nnn n

• N n n n

• N n n n

• N n n n

• Fgfdvgagadgvagqafdgq fwqqrgqr fghqer

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n

• Fgfdvgagadgvagqafdgq fwqqrgqr fghqer

• I think teachers should be forced to limit the amount of hw everyday.

Don't get me wrong, Hw is important. Some kids are in clubs and are in sports after school and they are usually stressed, worried about getting
    HW done. Some kids also have family get-to-gethers. Some go to games. Some go to church. They need time todo other things. Also, some people don't have people at home to help them with their school work. Do you really think that kids should have lame, stupid HW every night?

• I believe homework should be limited.

I would rather be less stressed and not deprived of sleep than getting a higher education. After all, health comes before education, RIGHT? This is a one sided argument and honestly the side effect form these two effect are outrageous and the people trying to support this should be ashamed. I believe though it should be 4 days a week because education is still important in ones life.

• They Will Forget What They Learned

If students are limited to homework three nights a week, then what will they do for the rest of the other 4 days? Most will relax and play video games or whatever, and most WONT study what they learned, thus causing them to forget and having to study furiously the day before the test and stressing them out.

• Because the child gone be tired trying to do two or three teachers homework especially the kids in the high school with about seven teachers.

Because the child gone be tired trying to do one teacher homework and then gone to do another teacher homework this is the reason why most kids don't do there homework its to much so that's why it should be a limit to home work because some kids have more then five teachers and elementary kids have homework everyday sometimes on Fridays I understand you want the kids to be smart but also these kids have a life to. They want to play and have fun also.

• The homework the students receive helps them to retain information.

This allows the students to continue thinking about what they learned in class and continue to explore what they learned. This will lead to better test performance and a better class overall. The homework allows students to learn what they don't understand and ask questions to their teacher to make sure they understand everything. Overall even 20 minutes of homework a night will help students to retain information, improve grades, and have better test scores.

• nope

Teachers should have the liberty to chose that. Now we want to regulate everything!..some kids dont do their homewoek at all, some spend all night doing their homework and those ones archieve better things in life, the ones that do their 110%..dont limit kids

• Normally I'd say yes, but no.

As a college freshman, I've realized that high school does not prepare you for college. Not even private school (like I went to.) you think you're getting a ton of homework, but then you get to college and realize that you honestly got very little work in high school.

• I disagree because children must learn that school is a full-time responsibility that is not limited to only 3 nights a week.

Children must be taught to approach school like a full-time job. If children are to grow up into productive citizens who hold full-time jobs, then they must be forced to complete homework assignments throughout an entire week. This is good training that will allow children to become accustomed to their future work lives.

Posted by: PrettyVince50
  • Homework should remain a nightly activity while attending school, because it provides teachers and advisers a means for evaluating a student's discipline and knowledge retention outside a classroom.

Homework is an important part of public education, and regular assignments allow teachers the ability to extend a child's learning beyond the time allotted in class. Furthermore, homework assignments provide the teacher a means for evaluating a student, on a one to one basis, whereas a classroom environment allows those who are not active or outgoing to avoid participation. Therefore, reducing the number of assignments per week would act to undermine the purpose of homework.

Posted by: SpectacularAriel85
  • No, the last thing children need is decreased standards.

There is no good reason to limit homework assignments to fewer than half the days of the week. From an American point of view, the last thing our children need is decreased standards, less schoolwork, and less learning. The educational outcomes of our country are in a woeful state and decreasing the amount of study surely isn't the answer.

Posted by: tacomoon
  • Homework assignments should be spread throughout the week because it encourages continuous learning.

They say that repetition is the key to learning. I do believe in this and because of this I feel that homework should be given throughout the week and not just limited to three days. It is important for children to work on things they learn outside the school environment as well. This also encourages parents to take on an active role in their children's education as well.

Posted by: eyeslikethat
  • I oppose limiting homework to only three nights a week, because there are too many children slipping through the cracks as it is, and this will only make it worse.

I believe that homework should not be limited to only three days a week, because there are far too many kids not learning enough as it is with the way it is now, and decreasing it to three days a week, I think, will only make it worse. I believe children should be given every opportunity to learn as they possibly can. I also believe that, since so many jobs are outsourced, that better education in schools is the way to go to prepare them for college. Without a college education, it's really tough for them to compete for the better jobs.

Posted by: AdrM0t0