• Why Homework Should be Abolished

As a middle school student, I think homework should be abolished. Did you know about 60% of parents admit to having to do their kids homework so it gets handed in on time? Also, it puts a lot of pressure on students and causes lots of stress. By the way, a lot of students have sports and activities, which can get in the way of homework being handed in. Teachers can also benefit from the homework ban, because they have less papers to stress over grading. Overall, I think homework should be abolished.

• Children actually want a childhood.

School already takes up 6 or 7 hours of most of your weekdays, for about 18 years. That's a lot of time. People don't look back on their childhood and thank their teachers for making them write a pointless essay, they remember being outside and free. School's like a prison.

• Kids should not have home work

Homework is a waste of kids time they should be outside playing and having fun with friends. Kids usually spend 6 hours at school and then when they get home there expected to do 2 more hours of work that leaves no time to get exercise and to play with family and friends. Some other people may like the idea of homework and they think that it teaches you something but it does not help kids or teens learn anything.Kids and teens are young they should not be pressured by having to do homework and school and half to deal with there home life as well.

• See here :

Homework should be abolished for primary school children because it is a waste of their time, teachers declared today.
    It damages relations between parents and children and causes tears and upset among young pupils, according to members of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
    Teachers go through the motions of setting homework because they believe they should but sometimes do not have time to mark it for weeks, leaving children's mistakes uncorrected.

• It means people cant see there friends

It means people cant see there friends because they have to do homework it means people cant see there friends because they have to do homework it means people cant see there friends because they have to do homework it means people cant see there friends because they have to do homework

• Yes homework should be abolished !!!!!!!

It is the waste of time the students are getting no time to play. They are overburden due to homework. There time is to play.Kids go home from school then do tution work and then to tution after coming for tution school homework and there is no time to play, do ACTVITIES etc. So i think that homework is overburden for students and it should be abolished!!!!

• Gorakhpur uttar Pradesh

Because if there will be no homework sysrem the child will become lazy and ideal.It is also good because the student will become intelligent and the student will get good marks in all the subjects .Therefore I think that should homework system be abolished is good and very important for chidren and students.

• Homework needs to be abolished

It wastes so much time that you could use to hang out with friends and family, play, or participate in fun A C T I V I T I E S. Then when you get home you dont have to get stressed out about more homework. Please abolish homework .

• I d k

I hate homework because you could be doing way better things like sports and some people stay up so late trying to finish their homework it isn't healthy and you could get bad demises by staying up and being way to stressed about your homework's due date. Peace Out and see you later!!!!

• Homework takes time

Away from families friends and activities . This homework can ruin kids time with there families that is important. I know that homework can help people with studies but people should chose what homework is needed for the test at school or if you need extra practice. Homework should be abolished for kids and there families, friends, and activities.

• Should homework be abolished

No,and Yes. I'm a 7th grade student. At my school we have loads of homework, even though it takes away my/our time to do what I want. It actually is fun some times. And it might not help you in some ways. But I do think schools should not give loads of homework. Just 4 sheets of quick exercise a night based on your level in that class.

• It is important for children.

Even if children do not like homework it is very improtant for them, if children are not at school they have homework to help them keep up with their class. As a student I realise we have way to much time on our hands and homework is a good way to use all of it.

• Students need to be challenged.

Homework should not be overdone, however, students need to be challenged reach beyond what they know. Homework also serves as feedback - if the teachers get a whole bunch of bad homework they will know they did not thoroughly cover that topic enough. Homework makes sure that kids actually can learn something and will keep it in their minds well enough to answer questions on it - they wont forget.

• Homework is good.

I think that the idea of aboloshing homework is one of naieve rebellion. Homework is like a whetstone for a knife. It trains the mind while the mind would otherwise be at rest. Homework is a great way to keep a person honed in and learning outside of the classroom.

• No it should not.

Homework should not be abolished. Homework is the perfect way for people to learn and continue to learn on the subject even once their are out of school for the day and are at their home. It is how they review the work and better understand what they get and what they don't get.

• No, homework is important.

Homework can feel like a drag when you're a student, but it's a really important part of going to school. It helps to retain the information you have learned during the class period. Additionally, though a good student, I was someone who didn't learn as well in a loud environment like the classroom. I really learned better when at home, studying quietly. We all learn in different ways, and homework will help those who learn in a quiet environment, while also reinforcing learned information from the class period.

• Homework is very important

I think homework is vital when it comes to school and it truly does help students in the long run. Whether it'd be to help them prepare for a test/exam or simply to understand the material better, homework should never be abolished, nor do I think it honestly it ever will be.

• Homework Increases Repetition of Good Skills

I'm not sure why there should be a consideration to abolish homework. I think that at times, teachers weigh homework more heavily than other teachers in the same grade. If anything, homework should have the same difficulty throughout all classes and subjects so that a student does not spend more time on one assignment than another. Besides that point, homework increases the rate of repetition for students to hone in their skills for certain subjects and classes. A common example is when a student has to go over a dozen questions regarding long division when they just learned the subject in school; if they correctly do each question of long division they will understand the subject matter better because they were given homework to increase their understanding.

• Homework is not a cakewalk

Homework takes time Away from families friends and activities . This homework can ruin kids time with there families that is important. I know that homework can help people with studies but people should chose what homework is needed for the test at school or if you need extra practice. Homework should be abolished for kids and there families, friends, and activities.

• See here :