• Please homework abolished

I am a fellow student and homework only adds more stress to our daily lives. Not only that but it makes it impossible to keep up with all of my activities and sports. No kid likes homework. Ask any kid and the kid will say no. It is like extra school but worse

• Yes, homework must be stopped.

I believe that homework should be abolished. Homework takes away time from important activities, such as spending time with family and friends and sleeping. Whenever I want to play with my friend outside my friend says “ Sorry I have to do my homework.” for the rest of the day I have nothing to do accept for homework which is not even close to how much I like playing with my friend. Once I had a homework that was due the next day, but remembered about it when I was about go to sleep. That homework was also very long. The next day I woke up late for school just because of that homework. The country Finland is ranked top in math and science, and they have no homework! Homework puts stress on children. Some schools give punishment, including detention when homework is not done. We come home from school after long day of work but at home you can’t get rest, because of homework. I am a 4th grade student and this is not all I have to say about abolishing homework.

• Yes, homework should be stopped.

I believe that homework should be abolished. Homework takes away time from important activities, such as spending time with family and friends and sleeping. Whenever I want to play with my friend outside my friend says “ Sorry I have to do my homework.” for the rest of the day I have nothing to do accept for homework which is not even close to how much I like playing with my friend. Once I had a homework that was due the next day, but remembered about it when I was about go to sleep. That homework was also very long. The next day I woke up late for school just because of that homework. The country Finland is ranked top in math and science, and they have no homework! Homework puts stress on children. Some schools give punishment, including detention when homework is not done. We come home from school after long day of work but at home you can’t get rest, because of homework.

• Homework: Out the door

Homework is putting stress on children and is making their sleeping time less. It is a bad thing to children, and they hate it. If homework was abolished, it would be a very positive thing for children. Unfortunately, I am only a 5th grade student and I do not have such power. But I say homework: out the door.

• Homework Must Go

Homework is something we have already learned. Therefore it is pointless and irritating for people with many extra activities or events. Students have just studied in school, so why burden kids, paper manufacturers, and the environment? This is far too repetitive to go on. Homework is a waste of brain cells. I am sorry to say it, but it is true.

• Homework should be abolished

If you are a person with many activities its very hard to do them and much homework in the evening. I think there should be time built in the day for assignments and if kids don't get things then they can work on it at home. Sometimes I get home from practice so late then have to do work that I go to bed past my bed time. This is not good. Sleep is very important.

• Homework should be abolished

• Children need their own time.

Children get fed up of having school all day then coming home to do more school work, which teachers can't do in class. Especially when there are half terms for children to relax instead of thinking about what to write for homework also doing the homework last minute can be stressful.

• Also correction time.

(Sorry if i have some mistakes,English is not my first language.)
    Correcting all the homework done from one day to the next many times requires a high portin of the classtime.Sometimes the teacher thinks they have done nothing productive during that class and sends what he/she was going to teach in that class as more homework, continuing a cycle.
    I say this due to personal experience.

• Homework is irrelevant.

I, as a current junior in high school, believe that homework is pointless. The purpose of homework is to refine skills and concepts learned in the classroom. Yes, we all get that. However, a true honors level student should be gifted and should be able to understand complex ideas and utilize their problem solving skills. If you understand the topic, homework is a waste of time. Yes, you may become slightly better at the process, but not much will change as far as your understanding. If you feel you need extra help or homework, it should be available, but those students who understand the material should not have to waste their time doing assignments because you aren't intelligent enough or able to think at a higher level. My grades are flawless on tests and assessments, but homework destroys my grade because I don't need it and refuse to do it. Why? Because clearly i dont need it. Once again, hkmework is to aid one in understanding how to do something. I don't sit at my house practicing how to breathe BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW HOW. You don't practice chewing, BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW. IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO PRACTICE EITHER OF THOSE THINGS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THEM. PRACTICING THEM AND WASTING TIME DOING SO WILL NOT MAKE YOU BETTER AT THEM. In the real world kids, I hate to tell you, putting a surplus of effort in just to make up for your struggle WILL NOT make you successful. YOU can seek the extra help, but don't force it upon those who do not need it. So before you say it shouldn't be abolished, understand that YOU need it, and all of us shouldn't be punished because of you. Reconsider before you even think to say homework shouldn't be abolished.

• Should homework be abolished

No,and Yes. I'm a 7th grade student. At my school we have loads of homework, even though it takes away my/our time to do what I want. It actually is fun some times. And it might not help you in some ways. But I do think schools should not give loads of homework. Just 4 sheets of quick exercise a night based on your level in that class.

• It is important for children.

Even if children do not like homework it is very improtant for them, if children are not at school they have homework to help them keep up with their class. As a student I realise we have way to much time on our hands and homework is a good way to use all of it.

• Students need to be challenged.

Homework should not be overdone, however, students need to be challenged reach beyond what they know. Homework also serves as feedback - if the teachers get a whole bunch of bad homework they will know they did not thoroughly cover that topic enough. Homework makes sure that kids actually can learn something and will keep it in their minds well enough to answer questions on it - they wont forget.

• Homework is good.

I think that the idea of aboloshing homework is one of naieve rebellion. Homework is like a whetstone for a knife. It trains the mind while the mind would otherwise be at rest. Homework is a great way to keep a person honed in and learning outside of the classroom.

• No it should not.

Homework should not be abolished. Homework is the perfect way for people to learn and continue to learn on the subject even once their are out of school for the day and are at their home. It is how they review the work and better understand what they get and what they don't get.

• No, homework is important.

Homework can feel like a drag when you're a student, but it's a really important part of going to school. It helps to retain the information you have learned during the class period. Additionally, though a good student, I was someone who didn't learn as well in a loud environment like the classroom. I really learned better when at home, studying quietly. We all learn in different ways, and homework will help those who learn in a quiet environment, while also reinforcing learned information from the class period.

• Homework is very important

I think homework is vital when it comes to school and it truly does help students in the long run. Whether it'd be to help them prepare for a test/exam or simply to understand the material better, homework should never be abolished, nor do I think it honestly it ever will be.

• Homework Increases Repetition of Good Skills

I'm not sure why there should be a consideration to abolish homework. I think that at times, teachers weigh homework more heavily than other teachers in the same grade. If anything, homework should have the same difficulty throughout all classes and subjects so that a student does not spend more time on one assignment than another. Besides that point, homework increases the rate of repetition for students to hone in their skills for certain subjects and classes. A common example is when a student has to go over a dozen questions regarding long division when they just learned the subject in school; if they correctly do each question of long division they will understand the subject matter better because they were given homework to increase their understanding.

• Homework - A boon for us

We need practice isn't it? Yes ........ In such a case we need homework do you know why ?...................... Those who are in favor that homework should be abolished are most likely to be interested in sports isn't ???? You know that this needs a lots of practice likewise for studying also we need practice and this can be achieved through homework......Thus we will also be able to perform well in exams .I found out that most of the children are favoring the topic homework should be abolished because they are lazy and do not want to achieve more in their life in field of studying...............

• Homework should not be abolished.

As a junior in high school I don't like homework any more than the other kid. But, in my opinion homework should never be abolished. Homework can be stressful and a total time consumer but in the long run it does help out a lot. I mean I don't like school either but that doesn't mean that schools should be abolished. Sometimes you have to do things for your benefit even if it's something you hate doing.