• Homework: Out the door

Homework is putting stress on children and is making their sleeping time less. It is a bad thing to children, and they hate it. If homework was abolished, it would be a very positive thing for children. Unfortunately, I am only a 5th grade student and I do not have such power. But I say homework: out the door.

• Homework Must Go

Homework is something we have already learned. Therefore it is pointless and irritating for people with many extra activities or events. Students have just studied in school, so why burden kids, paper manufacturers, and the environment? This is far too repetitive to go on. Homework is a waste of brain cells. I am sorry to say it, but it is true.

• Homework should be abolished

If you are a person with many activities its very hard to do them and much homework in the evening. I think there should be time built in the day for assignments and if kids don't get things then they can work on it at home. Sometimes I get home from practice so late then have to do work that I go to bed past my bed time. This is not good. Sleep is very important.

• Homework should be abolished

• Children need their own time.

Children get fed up of having school all day then coming home to do more school work, which teachers can't do in class. Especially when there are half terms for children to relax instead of thinking about what to write for homework also doing the homework last minute can be stressful.

• Also correction time.

(Sorry if i have some mistakes,English is not my first language.)
    Correcting all the homework done from one day to the next many times requires a high portin of the classtime.Sometimes the teacher thinks they have done nothing productive during that class and sends what he/she was going to teach in that class as more homework, continuing a cycle.
    I say this due to personal experience.

• Homework is irrelevant.

I, as a current junior in high school, believe that homework is pointless. The purpose of homework is to refine skills and concepts learned in the classroom. Yes, we all get that. However, a true honors level student should be gifted and should be able to understand complex ideas and utilize their problem solving skills. If you understand the topic, homework is a waste of time. Yes, you may become slightly better at the process, but not much will change as far as your understanding. If you feel you need extra help or homework, it should be available, but those students who understand the material should not have to waste their time doing assignments because you aren't intelligent enough or able to think at a higher level. My grades are flawless on tests and assessments, but homework destroys my grade because I don't need it and refuse to do it. Why? Because clearly i dont need it. Once again, hkmework is to aid one in understanding how to do something. I don't sit at my house practicing how to breathe BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW HOW. You don't practice chewing, BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW. IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO PRACTICE EITHER OF THOSE THINGS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THEM. PRACTICING THEM AND WASTING TIME DOING SO WILL NOT MAKE YOU BETTER AT THEM. In the real world kids, I hate to tell you, putting a surplus of effort in just to make up for your struggle WILL NOT make you successful. YOU can seek the extra help, but don't force it upon those who do not need it. So before you say it shouldn't be abolished, understand that YOU need it, and all of us shouldn't be punished because of you. Reconsider before you even think to say homework shouldn't be abolished.

• Homework can damage the Health triangle

Homework may be helpful in some places but probably not in the long run. This can actually damage your health triangle. The health triangle is made up of Physical, Social, and Mental/Emotional health. Homework can sometimes get in the way of you exercising if you take too long in it, hurting your Physical health. Homework could also keep you from playing outside with friends and getting on social networks, cutting off Social Health. Homework causes loads of stress. Stress can heavily damage Mental/Emotional health. This is why I do not think homework is the best idea for after-school activities.

• Homework stinks!!! Man!!!

Did you ever think homework should be served for kids? Well I do not think so for three main reasons, first of all homework doesn't help, second it is a nightmare! And third is because it wastes time. And if you think about it, it uses a lot of paper, therefore it is also bad for the environment.

• Stop And Read

Homework should be given, BUT not on all subjects, Only major subjects, and the teacher should consider the students other homework before giving out large packets. Teachers should make homework time sufficient, not something that will take a couple hours to complete. Also, the deadline should be extended. Giving something, and making it due the next day puts pressure onto the student.

• Should homework be abolished

No,and Yes. I'm a 7th grade student. At my school we have loads of homework, even though it takes away my/our time to do what I want. It actually is fun some times. And it might not help you in some ways. But I do think schools should not give loads of homework. Just 4 sheets of quick exercise a night based on your level in that class.

• It is important for children.

Even if children do not like homework it is very improtant for them, if children are not at school they have homework to help them keep up with their class. As a student I realise we have way to much time on our hands and homework is a good way to use all of it.

• Students need to be challenged.

Homework should not be overdone, however, students need to be challenged reach beyond what they know. Homework also serves as feedback - if the teachers get a whole bunch of bad homework they will know they did not thoroughly cover that topic enough. Homework makes sure that kids actually can learn something and will keep it in their minds well enough to answer questions on it - they wont forget.

• Homework is good.

I think that the idea of aboloshing homework is one of naieve rebellion. Homework is like a whetstone for a knife. It trains the mind while the mind would otherwise be at rest. Homework is a great way to keep a person honed in and learning outside of the classroom.

• No it should not.

Homework should not be abolished. Homework is the perfect way for people to learn and continue to learn on the subject even once their are out of school for the day and are at their home. It is how they review the work and better understand what they get and what they don't get.

• No, homework is important.

Homework can feel like a drag when you're a student, but it's a really important part of going to school. It helps to retain the information you have learned during the class period. Additionally, though a good student, I was someone who didn't learn as well in a loud environment like the classroom. I really learned better when at home, studying quietly. We all learn in different ways, and homework will help those who learn in a quiet environment, while also reinforcing learned information from the class period.

• Homework is very important

I think homework is vital when it comes to school and it truly does help students in the long run. Whether it'd be to help them prepare for a test/exam or simply to understand the material better, homework should never be abolished, nor do I think it honestly it ever will be.

• Homework Increases Repetition of Good Skills

I'm not sure why there should be a consideration to abolish homework. I think that at times, teachers weigh homework more heavily than other teachers in the same grade. If anything, homework should have the same difficulty throughout all classes and subjects so that a student does not spend more time on one assignment than another. Besides that point, homework increases the rate of repetition for students to hone in their skills for certain subjects and classes. A common example is when a student has to go over a dozen questions regarding long division when they just learned the subject in school; if they correctly do each question of long division they will understand the subject matter better because they were given homework to increase their understanding.

• Homework should no be abolished

No it should no be abolished as because sometimes students can't concentrate in class due to the disturbance caused by other students in the class .By doing homework one can recognize and clear his concept on any topic which he has missed in the class.So, in my opinion homework should not be abolished as it helps to cement and revise the subjects which the student has learnt in class

• Should homework be abolished

Nooooooooooooo it helps you understand things and gives you a chance to express how much you have learnt in class. Without homework how would you get the final scores on your test. Homework can sometimes not be fun but I believe that maybe if you put your mind to. I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SAME !