• No time for anything

School is undoubtedly important to the development of young minds, but they also have their own interests and passions that shouldn't be ignored. Homework hinders the time they have available to do this. The young students also have no time to spend with their families and that can effect the young students minds.

• Home work sucks

Kids should be able to play outside and talk with their family not stay up 3 hours for homework and its only worth like 1 point, their is no point of doing it, and if you have a busy schedule and you have 1 day, You have to cancel it.

• Home work sucks

• Home work should be abolished.

Home work takes over students free time. Also it is boring! We Could be playing outside and exercising. . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Home work should be abolished.

• Home work should be abolished.

• Home work should be abolished.

• Home work should be abolished.

• Home work should be abolished.

• Homework should be abolished

If the goal is learning at school, making kids sit at home for hours bored out of their mind won't help. To complete a goal you need a desire to complete that goal, and making them do homework for hours gives them a desire to NOT do homework. Word word

• Should homework be abolished

No,and Yes. I'm a 7th grade student. At my school we have loads of homework, even though it takes away my/our time to do what I want. It actually is fun some times. And it might not help you in some ways. But I do think schools should not give loads of homework. Just 4 sheets of quick exercise a night based on your level in that class.

• It is important for children.

Even if children do not like homework it is very improtant for them, if children are not at school they have homework to help them keep up with their class. As a student I realise we have way to much time on our hands and homework is a good way to use all of it.

• Students need to be challenged.

Homework should not be overdone, however, students need to be challenged reach beyond what they know. Homework also serves as feedback - if the teachers get a whole bunch of bad homework they will know they did not thoroughly cover that topic enough. Homework makes sure that kids actually can learn something and will keep it in their minds well enough to answer questions on it - they wont forget.

• Homework is good.

I think that the idea of aboloshing homework is one of naieve rebellion. Homework is like a whetstone for a knife. It trains the mind while the mind would otherwise be at rest. Homework is a great way to keep a person honed in and learning outside of the classroom.

• No it should not.

Homework should not be abolished. Homework is the perfect way for people to learn and continue to learn on the subject even once their are out of school for the day and are at their home. It is how they review the work and better understand what they get and what they don't get.

• No, homework is important.

Homework can feel like a drag when you're a student, but it's a really important part of going to school. It helps to retain the information you have learned during the class period. Additionally, though a good student, I was someone who didn't learn as well in a loud environment like the classroom. I really learned better when at home, studying quietly. We all learn in different ways, and homework will help those who learn in a quiet environment, while also reinforcing learned information from the class period.

• Homework is very important

I think homework is vital when it comes to school and it truly does help students in the long run. Whether it'd be to help them prepare for a test/exam or simply to understand the material better, homework should never be abolished, nor do I think it honestly it ever will be.

• Homework Increases Repetition of Good Skills

I'm not sure why there should be a consideration to abolish homework. I think that at times, teachers weigh homework more heavily than other teachers in the same grade. If anything, homework should have the same difficulty throughout all classes and subjects so that a student does not spend more time on one assignment than another. Besides that point, homework increases the rate of repetition for students to hone in their skills for certain subjects and classes. A common example is when a student has to go over a dozen questions regarding long division when they just learned the subject in school; if they correctly do each question of long division they will understand the subject matter better because they were given homework to increase their understanding.

• Homework is not a cakewalk

Homework takes time Away from families friends and activities . This homework can ruin kids time with there families that is important. I know that homework can help people with studies but people should chose what homework is needed for the test at school or if you need extra practice. Homework should be abolished for kids and there families, friends, and activities.

• See here :

Homework should be abolished for primary school children because it is a waste of their time, teachers declared today.
    It damages relations between parents and children and causes tears and upset among young pupils, according to members of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
    Teachers go through the motions of setting homework because they believe they should but sometimes do not have time to mark it for weeks, leaving children's mistakes uncorrected.