• Schools are for learning

Not for paperwork. If we see quite in deep while a child does his or her homework he or she tries to complete his/her homework as fast as they could do, so by this they don learn they just write. There should be schools in which only a child has to go to give exams.

• Homework should not be given.

Young Children Are Busy:f a child cannot learn what needs to be learned in a six hour day, we are expecting too much of a child. We are creating a jam-packed hurried day without a chance to play, reflect and interact. Adding hours to an already busy day is absurd.

• Homework should be abolished

I agree that homework should be abolished as it is making students remain stuck up in a corner of their house completing loads of homework instead of discovering and trying out activities which makes them healthy and fit. Worse still it does not increase their knowledge and makes them hate school which is not a good sign .This homework is making students crazy so it should definately be abolished

• Yess hw should be abolished

I'm very much satisfied with this debate . Children work several hours to complete their homework . I do not say that it should not be given to the students but it should be given in correct amount so that children finish it quickly and also have time for other activities.

• Homework is robbing children of their childhood while doing little to improve their knowledge.

Children in today's society are being trained to be automatons as they receive increasing amounts of homework each year. A healthy child must have time to be well-rounded and pursue other activities; volunteering, working, playing sports or instruments, and socializing with friends are all immensely important to a child's physical and mental health. However, their time to find activities and develop social skills is being stolen from them by the sheer amount of work that they are given yearly. I myself was an AP student in high school, and received a voluminous amount of homework nightly, and I was unable to spend time with friends and even family because I was drowning in a seemingly-endless tide of work. Much of the homework that students receive today are pointless assignments that often do not help students retain knowledge. Commonly referred to as "busy work", these assignments at best do little to help students retain knowledge presented to them in class. Worse yet, many instructors grade homework for completion instead of accuracy; thus, students are still clueless regarding what they do and do not know. Due to the fact that homework is preventing children from leading well-rounded lives as well as doing little to help students retain their knowledge of subjects, homework should be abolished.

• Homework Should Be Abolished

I think homework is a waste of time. It is time consuming and prevents kids from living their lives to full potential. Homework sometimes bring school grades down, while students score high on tests. Some students have about 8 hours of school and then spend another 3 hours of homework. That's about 1/3 of the day on schoolwork!

• Homework should be abolished.

Homework should be abolished. The amount of homework being assigned to our children is out of control. Many children spend all evening and some night working on the amount of homework that is given. I think homework should only be given if someone is out sick or for special projects.

• Make School Year Longer

Homework for older students should be abolished, depending upon what school districts decide. Try making the school year longer (year-round) to foster learning. Kids can have extracurricular activities after school. Banning homework frees teenagers up to work or even attend college-level classes at night. Homework for K-12 should be banned because kids have active lives. School is made for learning. Home is made for family. Perhaps it's time to separate the two.

• Homework should be abolished

Homework should be abolished because it wastes paper, causes stress, you lose sleep, and you might as well learn the lesson at school. Also students try to cheat by looking things up on the internet or asking their parents for the answer that therefore leads to inaccurate testing and knowledge information.

• It is important for children.

Even if children do not like homework it is very improtant for them, if children are not at school they have homework to help them keep up with their class. As a student I realise we have way to much time on our hands and homework is a good way to use all of it.

• Students need to be challenged.

Homework should not be overdone, however, students need to be challenged reach beyond what they know. Homework also serves as feedback - if the teachers get a whole bunch of bad homework they will know they did not thoroughly cover that topic enough. Homework makes sure that kids actually can learn something and will keep it in their minds well enough to answer questions on it - they wont forget.

• Homework is good.

I think that the idea of aboloshing homework is one of naieve rebellion. Homework is like a whetstone for a knife. It trains the mind while the mind would otherwise be at rest. Homework is a great way to keep a person honed in and learning outside of the classroom.

• No it should not.

Homework should not be abolished. Homework is the perfect way for people to learn and continue to learn on the subject even once their are out of school for the day and are at their home. It is how they review the work and better understand what they get and what they don't get.

• No, homework is important.

Homework can feel like a drag when you're a student, but it's a really important part of going to school. It helps to retain the information you have learned during the class period. Additionally, though a good student, I was someone who didn't learn as well in a loud environment like the classroom. I really learned better when at home, studying quietly. We all learn in different ways, and homework will help those who learn in a quiet environment, while also reinforcing learned information from the class period.

• Homework is very important

I think homework is vital when it comes to school and it truly does help students in the long run. Whether it'd be to help them prepare for a test/exam or simply to understand the material better, homework should never be abolished, nor do I think it honestly it ever will be.

• Homework Increases Repetition of Good Skills

I'm not sure why there should be a consideration to abolish homework. I think that at times, teachers weigh homework more heavily than other teachers in the same grade. If anything, homework should have the same difficulty throughout all classes and subjects so that a student does not spend more time on one assignment than another. Besides that point, homework increases the rate of repetition for students to hone in their skills for certain subjects and classes. A common example is when a student has to go over a dozen questions regarding long division when they just learned the subject in school; if they correctly do each question of long division they will understand the subject matter better because they were given homework to increase their understanding.