• Homework is irrelevant.

I, as a current junior in high school, believe that homework is pointless. The purpose of homework is to refine skills and concepts learned in the classroom. Yes, we all get that. However, a true honors level student should be gifted and should be able to understand complex ideas and utilize their problem solving skills. If you understand the topic, homework is a waste of time. Yes, you may become slightly better at the process, but not much will change as far as your understanding. If you feel you need extra help or homework, it should be available, but those students who understand the material should not have to waste their time doing assignments because you aren't intelligent enough or able to think at a higher level. My grades are flawless on tests and assessments, but homework destroys my grade because I don't need it and refuse to do it. Why? Because clearly i dont need it. Once again, hkmework is to aid one in understanding how to do something. I don't sit at my house practicing how to breathe BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW HOW. You don't practice chewing, BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW. IT WOULD BE A WASTE TO PRACTICE EITHER OF THOSE THINGS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO THEM. PRACTICING THEM AND WASTING TIME DOING SO WILL NOT MAKE YOU BETTER AT THEM. In the real world kids, I hate to tell you, putting a surplus of effort in just to make up for your struggle WILL NOT make you successful. YOU can seek the extra help, but don't force it upon those who do not need it. So before you say it shouldn't be abolished, understand that YOU need it, and all of us shouldn't be punished because of you. Reconsider before you even think to say homework shouldn't be abolished.

• Homework can damage the Health triangle

Homework may be helpful in some places but probably not in the long run. This can actually damage your health triangle. The health triangle is made up of Physical, Social, and Mental/Emotional health. Homework can sometimes get in the way of you exercising if you take too long in it, hurting your Physical health. Homework could also keep you from playing outside with friends and getting on social networks, cutting off Social Health. Homework causes loads of stress. Stress can heavily damage Mental/Emotional health. This is why I do not think homework is the best idea for after-school activities.

• Homework stinks!!! Man!!!

Did you ever think homework should be served for kids? Well I do not think so for three main reasons, first of all homework doesn't help, second it is a nightmare! And third is because it wastes time. And if you think about it, it uses a lot of paper, therefore it is also bad for the environment.

• Stop And Read

Homework should be given, BUT not on all subjects, Only major subjects, and the teacher should consider the students other homework before giving out large packets. Teachers should make homework time sufficient, not something that will take a couple hours to complete. Also, the deadline should be extended. Giving something, and making it due the next day puts pressure onto the student.

• Should homework be abolished

No,and Yes. I'm a 7th grade student. At my school we have loads of homework, even though it takes away my/our time to do what I want. It actually is fun some times. And it might not help you in some ways. But I do think schools should not give loads of homework. Just 4 sheets of quick exercise a night based on your level in that class.

• I think Yes

I think yes because I am a student and I wish that I would not need to sit down everyday for a hour and just sit and do stuff that I have already learned about in school earlier that day. Also I wish homework was abolished because homework is boring.

• Its so boring

Teachers should get paid for teaching us at school, NOT HOME they get payed quite a bit and they just hardly teach anything in lessons..... Because thieve got LOADS of homework to give out, then it increases stress to you and your parents it can sometimes cause anger if the person is tired!

• Should be abolished

I say that homeworks should be abolished as what we learn at the schools is wht we learn at home .If a student has a test the next day and he has to do his homework and submit it on the next day what will he do!!!! Will he be studying for the test or complete his homework.Pls reply to my question.

• Homework should abolished

Yes homework should be banned itwaste time. Yes one should give homework but not burden.We have more things to do else than that .Oh my god πŸ˜‰πŸ˜žπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜We cant get time play games we should get homework .It wastes time ,papers .We are so sytressed. Sometimes we also get headache and pain

• I think yes.... Homework should be abolished

I feel like teachers give a lot of homework. This means that the student will be engaged all day doing homework or learning, which it might seem good because homework help your learning but frankly if a student doesn't want to learn I don't see how that help, whereas a good student is going to learn anyway. Having a lot of homework, the student becomes stressed, so even the good student starts hating school. An other argument is that school doesn't leave the appropriate time that a student need to play, have fun, do a hobby, discover himself or do other activities that are actually going to teach him lot of other things.(I'm not including video games or anything like that)

• Should homework be abolished

• It is important for children.

Even if children do not like homework it is very improtant for them, if children are not at school they have homework to help them keep up with their class. As a student I realise we have way to much time on our hands and homework is a good way to use all of it.

• Students need to be challenged.

Homework should not be overdone, however, students need to be challenged reach beyond what they know. Homework also serves as feedback - if the teachers get a whole bunch of bad homework they will know they did not thoroughly cover that topic enough. Homework makes sure that kids actually can learn something and will keep it in their minds well enough to answer questions on it - they wont forget.

• Homework is good.

I think that the idea of aboloshing homework is one of naieve rebellion. Homework is like a whetstone for a knife. It trains the mind while the mind would otherwise be at rest. Homework is a great way to keep a person honed in and learning outside of the classroom.

• No it should not.

Homework should not be abolished. Homework is the perfect way for people to learn and continue to learn on the subject even once their are out of school for the day and are at their home. It is how they review the work and better understand what they get and what they don't get.

• No, homework is important.

Homework can feel like a drag when you're a student, but it's a really important part of going to school. It helps to retain the information you have learned during the class period. Additionally, though a good student, I was someone who didn't learn as well in a loud environment like the classroom. I really learned better when at home, studying quietly. We all learn in different ways, and homework will help those who learn in a quiet environment, while also reinforcing learned information from the class period.

• Homework is very important

I think homework is vital when it comes to school and it truly does help students in the long run. Whether it'd be to help them prepare for a test/exam or simply to understand the material better, homework should never be abolished, nor do I think it honestly it ever will be.

• Homework Increases Repetition of Good Skills

I'm not sure why there should be a consideration to abolish homework. I think that at times, teachers weigh homework more heavily than other teachers in the same grade. If anything, homework should have the same difficulty throughout all classes and subjects so that a student does not spend more time on one assignment than another. Besides that point, homework increases the rate of repetition for students to hone in their skills for certain subjects and classes. A common example is when a student has to go over a dozen questions regarding long division when they just learned the subject in school; if they correctly do each question of long division they will understand the subject matter better because they were given homework to increase their understanding.

• Should homework be abolished

Nooooooooooooo it helps you understand things and gives you a chance to express how much you have learnt in class. Without homework how would you get the final scores on your test. Homework can sometimes not be fun but I believe that maybe if you put your mind to. I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SAME !