• Homework is the reason I fail.

I am a high school junior, every day I get 12+ pages of homework minimum. Because I cannot possibly do all of this and help around the house as I am the only one able to do so, and therefore I have no time to study my material and therefore my test grades suffer as a result.

• Homework is like slavery.

It's basically forcing students to go home after a stressful day of school and activities and do pointless homework. Teachers should be teaching these things in class, not making the students learn it themselves. It's preventing children from leading balanced lifestyles, with a healthy amount of sleep and activities to keep them fit and active. How is a student supposed to do 3 to 4 hours of homework, study for a plethora of tests and quizzes, play sports, get involved in the community, eat food with nutritional value, and get an adequate amount of sleep, all in one day? That's not possible. The amount of stress homework causes kids is ridiculous, especially when they're already under so much pressure to get into a good college and do well in school, along with making friends and staying active. Homework is not necessary.

• Homework should be banned because it just isn't useful and wastes time.

Homework is pointless because kids do enough work in school and they don't need more. When they come home they want to chill out, hang out with friends, or do something. Kids are in school for 8 hours a day doing work, other than lunch and recess. Homework is not relevant for kids. I did a survey at school at resource, and a majority of kids say that homework should be banned in school because it is stressful and they procrastinate until the last second. There is no point in homework. It takes away from spending time with family. According to the text with research 'Homework Should be Banned,' “Schools has increased from 9 to 3 with 1 ½ hour of recess and lunch to 8:40 to 3:15 with only 30 minutes of lunch and recess.” This quote shows that too much is just too much homework. Also, another reason is that, according to research, some of the smartest countries like Finland and Japan don’t have homework. We can be just as smart as them without homework. This shows that homework has no academic benefits for grades.

• Yes because of this

Homework should NOT be assigned in schools. It is just a waste of time and is just too much. One reason why homework should be banned is because homework is just too much. Schools have been increased so there is no point into giving homework. According to the text with research Homework Should be Banned, “Schools has increased from 9 to 3 with 1 ½ hour of recess and lunch to 8:40 to 3:15 with only 30 minutes of lunch and recess.” This quote shows that too much is just too much. Students should not cry because of homework. School has been expanded. Have you ever wonder why lunch has been a little shorter than in 1st grade? To include to that too much homework is bad for you. As they say “Too much of something is not good for you”. Second of all, homework just makes kids hate school even more. According to the text Homework should be eliminated, it says “Excessive or pointless homework turns children away from the joy of learning.” Homework is the only word kid’s fear. This quote shows that homework should be fun; it should not be a torture. Every time in school, at the beginning of the year, you’ll hear “Have fun”. Students cannot have fun when homework is torturing kids. Like Jia Ming said, it is no help. Learning needs to be a positive experience learn with a smile and you can walk an extra mile.
    Another reason why homework should be banned is because it is evil. According to the text Homework should be Eliminated, “When students have hours of homework, they don’t get enough sleep, sunlight, and exercise.” This shows that too much homework can cause be things to happen. You don’t spend time with your family, your backpacks become really heavy, and this explains why kids are obese. Kids spend so much time doing there homework they don’t have time to even go to sleep. These things can cause a lot of pressure and stress in high school. Also another reason is that according to research some of the smartest country like Finland and Japan don’t have homework. We can be just as smart as or smarter than them without homework. This shows that homework have no academic achievements towards grades. This is why kids should not repeat not have homework.
    Finally homework is just too overwhelming. After school, you either have to do chores or go to after school activities. According to the article “Homework Should Be Banned”, it says that “homework should vanish because sometimes when you have homework, you have other activities to do such as music lessons, or an after school job”. Homework is just too big. When you have a lot of after school activities you end up doing it at the last second. To prove it I sometimes see many kids doing homework during breakfast hmm…Felix...Too much homework can cause stress and give kids a bad grade instead of helping.

• It takes too much time.

I have not enough family time to spend playing games, opening presents, playing with my little sisters or to spend time with my mom or dad. I think homework takes too much time. I want more free time, less homework, and more time with my friends, my dog or outside with nature.

• As a student, I think it should be banned.

As a student, I don't get home from school until 4:30 or 5:00 and I am doing homework sometimes until 8:30 almost every night. It is very stressful when you have seven classes a day and homework in every single class; it becomes very overwhelming. On top of that, I have to get up every morning at 5:30 am just to catch my buss at 6:40. Many mornings are very hard for me because of lack of sleep from the night before staying up doing homework and studying for two or three tests the next day.

If they banned homework, test scores might improve because then students would have more time to study and be prepared than if we have five different subjects to do on top of studying for a test the next day.

• Homework should be banned.

Why Homework Is Bad
    Are you a kid who hates homework!? Well I am one! Did you know that homework leads to bad grades and overwhelmed cranky kids? It can also lead to stressed out children that can throw fits. Also, homework gives less time for a kid to be a kid. There should be no homework for all children. No homework is even good for teachers because they don’t need to correct it because they already have enough to correct

In some schools children can get homework as early as kindergarten, or by the third grade. Homework has been annoying many children by the fourth grade. At elementary school, especially, this is a bad idea because many young students are known for having very short attention spans. They have already been forced to sit and learn for approximately 6 1/2 hours at school, with usually only 2 short recess breaks and lunch and they are also very known to like to talk and chat a lot.

By the time school is out, the kids just want to go home, relax, and be who they are ! It also affects families because Homework trouble = school trouble = family trouble. It is the rare for a child to enjoy homework F.Y.I. .For some students they can be stressed out when they get home and throw fits and for all students they have been exercising their brains at school all day long and at home they are supposed to relax their brain for the next day at school, and if you are not remembering good blame it on the teacher for putting the subject at the wrong time when the students are tired (after recess etc.) or the teacher is not explaining it good.

Some teachers do not answer a students question which would of helped the student to learn better and teachers always used to say to me “Learning is fun!” well I think now math and school now is a lot harder than in the 70’s and 80’s and put for an example a 10 year old in fifth grade with 6 1/2 hours of school and 45-50 minutes of homework and remember 2013 math is A LOT harder than 80’s and 70’s math so do you think you would be having fun? and I also want to state that homework causes cases of kids hating school (like me). So that concludes the end of my persuasive essay top three reasons homework is bad: overwhelming, interference and dislike.

One country named Finland has already fixed their school system there is no homework there is recess for 75 minutes, 9-17 students per class and no tests until you are 16 years old.

• Homework should be banned to reduce student stress.

Homework causes stress in many students. Homework takes time, and it keeps students up late at night getting the work done. The loss of sleep makes it hard to concentrate during class because students are so tired.

I once stayed up until midnight and wound up very tired when morning arrived. It was hard to focus on my lessons. As a student,I think sleep is more important than doing homework. Students study during the day at schools and academies,so there is no reason that we have to get homework.

Many schools have a one-hour rule, but with multiple classes and each teacher assigning one hour of homework, you end up with hours of work to do at home. Students in advanced levels get even more work than the students in basic classes.

Another reason is that the noise around us. If you have a room of your own, you don't have to worry about this problem. I don't have my own room. I have to do my homework in the study. When I'm working, my mom is busy printing things out. It's annoying and makes it hard for me to concentrate. I can't do my homework before I sleep. I have to complete my homework in the morning when she's not using the study, before I head for the academy. Getting it done in the morning means rushing. Usually, the answer are wrong because I didn't have time to really read the questions.

Students often think homework should be banned. I think so too.

• Homework wastes time

Homework is a serious waste of time, there are some benefits of homework but the negatives out-rule the benefits by a mile. Most teachers say homework helps responsibility and our knowledge but this is not true. I as student personally think that kids are responsible and organize ourselves better than our teachers at times. On a weekday, this is my usual agenda,
    Wake up in the morning, Catch the bus, Get off at the correct stop, take a train, and walk 10 minutes to my school. I then have to go to the school office and drop off my phone, and my wallet. I then have to walk to my locker and get out my keys (if I forget them I have to walk to the Principles office which is quite far away and get the master key) and get out my books. I have to carry them to Homeroom and since I have a job as Office Monitor I have to collect any forms from the other kids and go all the way down to the General Office and drop them off. I then have to go to whatever room we have Period 1 in. Since I go on my own, I have to know where everything is and what room to go to, I cant just follow a classmate like most kids in my class do. If I am late that automatically means a 2 hour detention for me. Just my luck that my name is first on the roll call list. I do my work for that session and do the same until recess. At recess I go to the office, collect my money and buy myself lunch. I then have to survive another 3 sessions. I then catch the bus and go home so thats organized for you! I have written 300 words so Im done with my homework! My name is Anthony and I am 14 years old.

• It hinders learning which is obviously a bad thing.

Undoubtedly, homework hinders learning. There are only 2 outcomes possible when doing homework:
    A) You do the homework, proving you were able to do it in the first place and the work was therefore unnecessary.
    B) You do not do the homework because you were unable, and therefore did not learn anything.

Even besides these points, there are other reasons why homework hinders learning. For example, homework has to be corrected, wasting valuable class time which could be spent teaching new skills. It is an unnecessary burden on children which causes great stress, and actively teaches them to hate learning. Learning has to be an enjoyable experience to be effective, and if children grow to hate a subject because of the homework they receive, it will mean they learn much less in class. Stress can also affect sleep and eating patterns, thus resulting in lower scores in exams. I could go on forever, there are literally no benefits to homework. Work is for work related-things, home is where you can relax. This line should not be blurred.

• Homework is a necessity.

Homework doesn't take all day; realistically you will have time for other things.
    Homework allows practice for future endeavors, and teaches responsibility and organization skills.
    Homework allows children to work at their own pace, without peer pressure.
    Homework allows time to study for tests, and go over work that you did in class.
    Homework is a necessity!

• Homework can be beneficial - T and J

-Keeping homework can raise your grade
    -Classes don't give teachers enough time
    -Homework can drive the lesson home (drill it into kids heads)
    -Helps learn study habits
    -Can keep ideas fresh for day
    -Homework is good but too much is bad
    -Kids learn to be flexible with their schedules
    -Practice makes perfect
    -Better education means a better job

• No, banning homework will never happen.

As much as students don't like to do homework, it isn't possible to ban it altogether. Students need to realize that the point of homework has nothing to do with teachers trying to make up for lost time or intentionally cutting into students' personal lives. The concept of homework prepares students on the concept of needing to put in overtime for jobs, whether white collar or blue. Yes, it sucks as a student, but banning it altogether is not a good way to go. If it WAS banned, would you like to add a month's worth of school days to the school year?

• We Need It

HI I am a middle school student and I am doing a report on why homework should NOT be banned.I think it shouldn't. It exercises our minds and shows what we have been doing while the teachers stand in front and teach.That Is why they call them Teachers. They are supposed to teach us something. We as student are here to learn. My teachers say show what you know not what your neighbor knows.Without it we would make some of us would make through school, get into college and have to stand there and say " I dun no how to do that." So that is why we need homework. From: a concerned middle schooler

• Homework teaches us Responsiblity

Homework teaches children to be responsible and if they forget it, they will have to face their own trouble (please excuse me for my spellings.)and that will teach them to be responsible in their day to day life. Homework makes us think out of the box,if given a challenge this will push us to the limits or beyond.

• Sorry kids. That is NOT how the real world works.

One word. Practice. Homework aims to help us master certain skills. At least, that's the homework I've had to deal with. If there is no practice, then excellence will not be achieved. The way I comprehend homework as well is the preparation it can help you with when it comes to the real world. If gradually and in a proper manner I were to get used to being bombarded with work at home, I could virtually/theoretically prepare myself for future jobs.

• Lessen the heavy load.

I don't think homework should be banned but lessened. It is to much. Sometimes we have things to do that is more important. We should only have to do 5 minutes for each grade.Ex 3rd grade 15 min 9th grade 45 min. We need us time but we also need work time but not too much work time. Research shows that it is healthy to have time for our selves. All of you who don't want home work it is understood. No one likes to work but it is important for our self management time management. My thinking is that you are looking at it the wrong way, think of homework like something fun or interesting.

• No, it should not be banned completely

Homework is good for students in small amounts I do agree that if your getting 5 or 6 pages per night per subject it does get stressful and annoying but if you are only getting 1 or 2 and don't do it you are being lazy. I believe that if it was banned you would see a rise in the number of students failing their tests.

• Homework Is Good People!

Homework is a way for you to practice what you are learning. If you didn't have homework, you would have to stay in school until you finished your practice, and since everyone works at different rates, you'd be there until the slowest people finally caught on.

Nobody likes practicing things - musicians get bored practicing scales, athletes get bored practicing their moves, and students get bored practicing their learning skills. However, practice does make perfect, and the more you work on your homework problems, the better you get at the skills you will need when you get out of school.

Some students think the teachers are "mean" for giving homework, but think about it - you have ONE assignment to do for that teacher - the teacher then has to read every single paper from every student and give it a grade. Which one of you has more work to do?

Doing homework will not make you "smarter," but it will teach you how to use the "smarts" that you have in your brain already - doing homework makes you faster and better at doing other things.

Homework allows students to practice the skills they learn during school. This helps the student retain the knowledge gained during the day rather than school being a pointless waste of time because nothing was learned or remembered.

• Homework teaches responsibility.

Homework is very important. It teaches you responsibility, and I learn the most from doing my homework at home. It is a time to sit down and study/learn outside of school and teaches you to manage your time properly. If you choose to be lazy, you fail. It's fair, and the only reason that anyone would want homework to be banned is just pure laziness.

Anonymous says2013-03-27T21:16:32.303
Hello, i'm a middle school student, and i think MUST be banned. My main reason is, that we spend 7 hours, 5 days a week, at a classroom, and we need some time to spend time with our family, play with friends, and have some time to our selves. I could ask 50 people
Anonymous says2013-04-14T05:35:24.147
I am a student and my mother 1st scolds me for not doing self study just because of lengthy and boring homeworks
Anonymous says2013-04-29T02:27:06.497
It's stupid and useless
Anonymous says2013-05-08T16:50:51.273
Homework should be banned!!!!!!!!
Anonymous says2013-05-09T01:18:07.370
Homework stinks!
Anonymous says2013-05-09T01:24:30.377
Homework is not worth my time as being a kid.
Anonymous says2013-05-09T17:00:56.367
Yes it should
Anonymous says2013-05-14T08:42:11.827
It should NOT be banned
Anonymous says2013-05-14T08:43:48.967
Homework should not be banned !!!!!!!!
Anonymous says2013-05-18T10:12:48.147
I think homework should be banned
Anonymous says2013-05-21T23:16:50.040
Homework should be banned because its a waste of time !!!!
Anonymous says2013-05-29T00:21:47.320
Look. I am just in elementary and it drives me crazy! I am doing complex fractions for homework all kinds of stuff my parents didn't hear of until they were in like late middle school or even high school. Look how young I am!It is made of paper so it kills trees, which kills our air! Well I go to school over 6 hours a day! I don't need to spend more time with schoolwork! I get less outdoor, play, and social time. My grandmother can't help me with a lot of my work because its so hard! And she's a genius! I had HW in kindergarten why put such stress on young children that are no older than 5 or 6! I think learning should be fun. It will not be fun if it is so stressful and a bit too hard. Now don't get me wrong, it should be hard so that you can learn more. But if it is like, three grades above you, that is way too hard. Home work takes time away from truly important stuff. Once you are out of school for the day, it should be done.I also think they should try to teach social and courtesy stuff at school. Leave the work at school, don't bring it home. No home work, in my opinion.
Anonymous says2013-05-30T01:21:06.147
Who needs homework. Its just some more stress for us students!
Anonymous says2013-06-13T21:18:58.730
Thanks, this helped a lot!
Anonymous says2013-06-18T02:54:41.210
I actually think that homework helps us students learn. Personally, it helps me learn what I don't know. However, I feel that pointless homework only meant as busy work is not okay. Teachers feel that they have to assign work just because. Most of the homework handed to us students is busy work. I would spend way too long on homework every day if I wasn't cutting corners. Excessive homework is bad, but no homework isn't that great either.
Anonymous says2013-06-18T20:28:08.567
Homework doesn't even help us so, what's the point of it?
pspworld says2013-08-11T17:16:49.483
For those who are in middle or high school, you think its difficult now wait until you get into college if you decided to go. Homework is a heavy load. However, in college most teachers won't ask you to turn in the homework its for you to practice for the course. Teachers will know who did the homework based on the exam score of the student. A score cannot truly based on that behavior but it makes close estimate of that student studying behavior. Also what happen if you have a busy job and have to finish paper work at home. Are you going to say oh well I will just do it tomorrow. That shows lack of motivation to do your job. Homework does this, it makes you to be responsible independent person. All I can say this world is in trouble.
Anonymous says2013-08-28T17:57:41.887
Problem is with homework, is that at our school we get it daily, about 2 sheets, an extra hour (or 3!!) of work can really stress you out. Usually we have a week to do it but it's very annoying having the thought at the back of your brains..
Anonymous says2013-09-13T17:14:22.860
There should not be homework
johnsonbalke says2013-09-25T06:28:35.853
Homework should not be banned..It is the only way students learn even after staying away from home
rammstauffenberg says2013-10-23T01:01:10.690
All those who say 'NO', especially the 'kids'....Are a prime example of why America is so stupid, why they have no idea of rigor, and the US as an overall country is an epic failure.
Jayleigh says2013-11-10T03:00:50.240
Homework should not be banned. Listen and think about this is it really because of stress or are you just being plain lazy? Stress? Yes there is stress but not to the point to not have homework, it keeps what you learned at school fresh. I dislike how inconsiderate the people saying homework should be banned, do you know how seriously school is to Asia? Especially China?! No wonder why China is the leading in education by the high amount of lazy Americans.
redcenturion42 says2014-01-16T19:56:52.243
All those people who think there should be homework and are calling us who want homework banned lazy probably don't understand. When you get home from school it's okay to do your homework. But you shouldn't get home and do your homework until you go to bed at 11 o' clock at night. There needs to be a balance of academics and activities like sports or relaxation. When you are only doing work all day you tend to ware down. Instead of running kids ragged with work all day we need to encourage them to finish their work in school, and do something creative and fun outside of school. I think that if kids really need it then they should be allowed to take optional work but if they understand it with what they've done in school then they shouldn't have more work piled on top.
bka727 says2014-02-27T14:01:11.963
Lol
Tulbakra says2014-03-07T22:08:19.767
Not banned, but all of education needs serious reform. The current system is vile and does not work for 80% of students. The adults here claiming students are lazy probably forgot their own childhood. I think homework serves a purpose and should not be completely banned but mindless assignments that are just busywork or route memorization need to be eliminated. In my opinion it is more important to eliminate grades than to eliminate homework.
Chad9900 says2014-03-31T04:43:58.983
Ban that business. If adults dont come home after their work day to do extra unpaid work, why should a student?
hjeleen says2014-04-08T20:00:09.320
Homework should be banned!
Dancer123 says2014-08-26T01:00:19.483
I am a high school student and teachers give me homework on weekends?!?! Seriously the weekend is to be away from school! Sometimes i have to spend my whole weekend doing homework! Is that fair?? NO! We already have to be at school for 8 hours a day! Why give us more homework! I could spend all day talking about this subject but I amjust gonna end here homework should not be assigned at all and its a complete waste of time!