• Homework is the reason I fail.

I am a high school junior, every day I get 12+ pages of homework minimum. Because I cannot possibly do all of this and help around the house as I am the only one able to do so, and therefore I have no time to study my material and therefore my test grades suffer as a result.

• Homework is like slavery.

It's basically forcing students to go home after a stressful day of school and activities and do pointless homework. Teachers should be teaching these things in class, not making the students learn it themselves. It's preventing children from leading balanced lifestyles, with a healthy amount of sleep and activities to keep them fit and active. How is a student supposed to do 3 to 4 hours of homework, study for a plethora of tests and quizzes, play sports, get involved in the community, eat food with nutritional value, and get an adequate amount of sleep, all in one day? That's not possible. The amount of stress homework causes kids is ridiculous, especially when they're already under so much pressure to get into a good college and do well in school, along with making friends and staying active. Homework is not necessary.

• Go awesome homework!!!

Homework is very good for you and your education. One reason why homework is good is that it improves your memory and you can think more. Doing homework also shows that you have studied. I personally think that homework is very important and good for you and your education. GO HOMEWORK!!!

• Homework should be banned because it just isn't useful and wastes time.

Homework is pointless because kids do enough work in school and they don't need more. When they come home they want to chill out, hang out with friends, or do something. Kids are in school for 8 hours a day doing work, other than lunch and recess. Homework is not relevant for kids. I did a survey at school at resource, and a majority of kids say that homework should be banned in school because it is stressful and they procrastinate until the last second. There is no point in homework. It takes away from spending time with family. According to the text with research 'Homework Should be Banned,' “Schools has increased from 9 to 3 with 1 ½ hour of recess and lunch to 8:40 to 3:15 with only 30 minutes of lunch and recess.” This quote shows that too much is just too much homework. Also, another reason is that, according to research, some of the smartest countries like Finland and Japan don’t have homework. We can be just as smart as them without homework. This shows that homework has no academic benefits for grades.

• It hinders learning which is obviously a bad thing.

Undoubtedly, homework hinders learning. There are only 2 outcomes possible when doing homework:
    A) You do the homework, proving you were able to do it in the first place and the work was therefore unnecessary.
    B) You do not do the homework because you were unable, and therefore did not learn anything.

Even besides these points, there are other reasons why homework hinders learning. For example, homework has to be corrected, wasting valuable class time which could be spent teaching new skills. It is an unnecessary burden on children which causes great stress, and actively teaches them to hate learning. Learning has to be an enjoyable experience to be effective, and if children grow to hate a subject because of the homework they receive, it will mean they learn much less in class. Stress can also affect sleep and eating patterns, thus resulting in lower scores in exams. I could go on forever, there are literally no benefits to homework. Work is for work related-things, home is where you can relax. This line should not be blurred.

• I am a teacher, and Yes!!

Yes! Ban homework.. As part of our school policy, homework must be given out, and students should complete 30minutes of homework,, per night! I think this is too much as many students have other commitments.
    Sport practices, jobs to do around home, looking after siblings, at after school care etc
    It is a hassle for the teacher to mark/grade and make up something that is remotely fun,and enjoyable for the children to do

• As a student, I think it should be banned.

As a student, I don't get home from school until 4:30 or 5:00 and I am doing homework sometimes until 8:30 almost every night. It is very stressful when you have seven classes a day and homework in every single class; it becomes very overwhelming. On top of that, I have to get up every morning at 5:30 am just to catch my buss at 6:40. Many mornings are very hard for me because of lack of sleep from the night before staying up doing homework and studying for two or three tests the next day.

If they banned homework, test scores might improve because then students would have more time to study and be prepared than if we have five different subjects to do on top of studying for a test the next day.

• Homework should be banned.

Why Homework Is Bad
    Are you a kid who hates homework!? Well I am one! Did you know that homework leads to bad grades and overwhelmed cranky kids? It can also lead to stressed out children that can throw fits. Also, homework gives less time for a kid to be a kid. There should be no homework for all children. No homework is even good for teachers because they don’t need to correct it because they already have enough to correct

In some schools children can get homework as early as kindergarten, or by the third grade. Homework has been annoying many children by the fourth grade. At elementary school, especially, this is a bad idea because many young students are known for having very short attention spans. They have already been forced to sit and learn for approximately 6 1/2 hours at school, with usually only 2 short recess breaks and lunch and they are also very known to like to talk and chat a lot.

By the time school is out, the kids just want to go home, relax, and be who they are ! It also affects families because Homework trouble = school trouble = family trouble. It is the rare for a child to enjoy homework F.Y.I. .For some students they can be stressed out when they get home and throw fits and for all students they have been exercising their brains at school all day long and at home they are supposed to relax their brain for the next day at school, and if you are not remembering good blame it on the teacher for putting the subject at the wrong time when the students are tired (after recess etc.) or the teacher is not explaining it good.

Some teachers do not answer a students question which would of helped the student to learn better and teachers always used to say to me “Learning is fun!” well I think now math and school now is a lot harder than in the 70’s and 80’s and put for an example a 10 year old in fifth grade with 6 1/2 hours of school and 45-50 minutes of homework and remember 2013 math is A LOT harder than 80’s and 70’s math so do you think you would be having fun? and I also want to state that homework causes cases of kids hating school (like me). So that concludes the end of my persuasive essay top three reasons homework is bad: overwhelming, interference and dislike.

One country named Finland has already fixed their school system there is no homework there is recess for 75 minutes, 9-17 students per class and no tests until you are 16 years old.

• Homework wastes time

Homework is a serious waste of time, there are some benefits of homework but the negatives out-rule the benefits by a mile. Most teachers say homework helps responsibility and our knowledge but this is not true. I as student personally think that kids are responsible and organize ourselves better than our teachers at times. On a weekday, this is my usual agenda,
    Wake up in the morning, Catch the bus, Get off at the correct stop, take a train, and walk 10 minutes to my school. I then have to go to the school office and drop off my phone, and my wallet. I then have to walk to my locker and get out my keys (if I forget them I have to walk to the Principles office which is quite far away and get the master key) and get out my books. I have to carry them to Homeroom and since I have a job as Office Monitor I have to collect any forms from the other kids and go all the way down to the General Office and drop them off. I then have to go to whatever room we have Period 1 in. Since I go on my own, I have to know where everything is and what room to go to, I cant just follow a classmate like most kids in my class do. If I am late that automatically means a 2 hour detention for me. Just my luck that my name is first on the roll call list. I do my work for that session and do the same until recess. At recess I go to the office, collect my money and buy myself lunch. I then have to survive another 3 sessions. I then catch the bus and go home so thats organized for you! I have written 300 words so Im done with my homework! My name is Anthony and I am 14 years old.

• Homework should be banned to reduce student stress.

Homework causes stress in many students. Homework takes time, and it keeps students up late at night getting the work done. The loss of sleep makes it hard to concentrate during class because students are so tired.

I once stayed up until midnight and wound up very tired when morning arrived. It was hard to focus on my lessons. As a student,I think sleep is more important than doing homework. Students study during the day at schools and academies,so there is no reason that we have to get homework.

Many schools have a one-hour rule, but with multiple classes and each teacher assigning one hour of homework, you end up with hours of work to do at home. Students in advanced levels get even more work than the students in basic classes.

Another reason is that the noise around us. If you have a room of your own, you don't have to worry about this problem. I don't have my own room. I have to do my homework in the study. When I'm working, my mom is busy printing things out. It's annoying and makes it hard for me to concentrate. I can't do my homework before I sleep. I have to complete my homework in the morning when she's not using the study, before I head for the academy. Getting it done in the morning means rushing. Usually, the answer are wrong because I didn't have time to really read the questions.

Students often think homework should be banned. I think so too.

• Sorry kids. That is NOT how the real world works.

One word. Practice. Homework aims to help us master certain skills. At least, that's the homework I've had to deal with. If there is no practice, then excellence will not be achieved. The way I comprehend homework as well is the preparation it can help you with when it comes to the real world. If gradually and in a proper manner I were to get used to being bombarded with work at home, I could virtually/theoretically prepare myself for future jobs.

• Homework is a necessity.

Homework doesn't take all day; realistically you will have time for other things.
    Homework allows practice for future endeavors, and teaches responsibility and organization skills.
    Homework allows children to work at their own pace, without peer pressure.
    Homework allows time to study for tests, and go over work that you did in class.
    Homework is a necessity!

• We Need It

HI I am a middle school student and I am doing a report on why homework should NOT be banned.I think it shouldn't. It exercises our minds and shows what we have been doing while the teachers stand in front and teach.That Is why they call them Teachers. They are supposed to teach us something. We as student are here to learn. My teachers say show what you know not what your neighbor knows.Without it we would make some of us would make through school, get into college and have to stand there and say " I dun no how to do that." So that is why we need homework. From: a concerned middle schooler

• No, banning homework will never happen.

As much as students don't like to do homework, it isn't possible to ban it altogether. Students need to realize that the point of homework has nothing to do with teachers trying to make up for lost time or intentionally cutting into students' personal lives. The concept of homework prepares students on the concept of needing to put in overtime for jobs, whether white collar or blue. Yes, it sucks as a student, but banning it altogether is not a good way to go. If it WAS banned, would you like to add a month's worth of school days to the school year?

• Homework can be beneficial - T and J

-Keeping homework can raise your grade
    -Classes don't give teachers enough time
    -Homework can drive the lesson home (drill it into kids heads)
    -Helps learn study habits
    -Can keep ideas fresh for day
    -Homework is good but too much is bad
    -Kids learn to be flexible with their schedules
    -Practice makes perfect
    -Better education means a better job

• Homework Is Good People!

Homework is a way for you to practice what you are learning. If you didn't have homework, you would have to stay in school until you finished your practice, and since everyone works at different rates, you'd be there until the slowest people finally caught on.

Nobody likes practicing things - musicians get bored practicing scales, athletes get bored practicing their moves, and students get bored practicing their learning skills. However, practice does make perfect, and the more you work on your homework problems, the better you get at the skills you will need when you get out of school.

Some students think the teachers are "mean" for giving homework, but think about it - you have ONE assignment to do for that teacher - the teacher then has to read every single paper from every student and give it a grade. Which one of you has more work to do?

Doing homework will not make you "smarter," but it will teach you how to use the "smarts" that you have in your brain already - doing homework makes you faster and better at doing other things.

Homework allows students to practice the skills they learn during school. This helps the student retain the knowledge gained during the day rather than school being a pointless waste of time because nothing was learned or remembered.

• Lessen the heavy load.

I don't think homework should be banned but lessened. It is to much. Sometimes we have things to do that is more important. We should only have to do 5 minutes for each grade.Ex 3rd grade 15 min 9th grade 45 min. We need us time but we also need work time but not too much work time. Research shows that it is healthy to have time for our selves. All of you who don't want home work it is understood. No one likes to work but it is important for our self management time management. My thinking is that you are looking at it the wrong way, think of homework like something fun or interesting.

• Homework teaches us Responsiblity

Homework teaches children to be responsible and if they forget it, they will have to face their own trouble (please excuse me for my spellings.)and that will teach them to be responsible in their day to day life. Homework makes us think out of the box,if given a challenge this will push us to the limits or beyond.

• No, it should not be banned completely

Homework is good for students in small amounts I do agree that if your getting 5 or 6 pages per night per subject it does get stressful and annoying but if you are only getting 1 or 2 and don't do it you are being lazy. I believe that if it was banned you would see a rise in the number of students failing their tests.

• Practice makes perfect

*Children are forced to repeat the lesson over again with homework.
    *It teaches children responsibility and time management.
    *Teachers can make homework less boring and stressful.
    *Some teachers can give too much homework and I think that the teachers who give 4-5 pages of homework should cut-back a little bit.

Anonymous says2013-03-27T21:16:32.303
Hello, i'm a middle school student, and i think MUST be banned. My main reason is, that we spend 7 hours, 5 days a week, at a classroom, and we need some time to spend time with our family, play with friends, and have some time to our selves. I could ask 50 people
Anonymous says2013-04-14T05:35:24.147
I am a student and my mother 1st scolds me for not doing self study just because of lengthy and boring homeworks
Anonymous says2013-04-29T02:27:06.497
It's stupid and useless
Anonymous says2013-05-08T16:50:51.273
Homework should be banned!!!!!!!!
Anonymous says2013-05-09T01:18:07.370
Homework stinks!
Anonymous says2013-05-09T01:24:30.377
Homework is not worth my time as being a kid.
Anonymous says2013-05-09T17:00:56.367
Yes it should
Anonymous says2013-05-14T08:42:11.827
It should NOT be banned
Anonymous says2013-05-14T08:43:48.967
Homework should not be banned !!!!!!!!
Anonymous says2013-05-18T10:12:48.147
I think homework should be banned
Anonymous says2013-05-21T23:16:50.040
Homework should be banned because its a waste of time !!!!
Anonymous says2013-05-29T00:21:47.320
Look. I am just in elementary and it drives me crazy! I am doing complex fractions for homework all kinds of stuff my parents didn't hear of until they were in like late middle school or even high school. Look how young I am!It is made of paper so it kills trees, which kills our air! Well I go to school over 6 hours a day! I don't need to spend more time with schoolwork! I get less outdoor, play, and social time. My grandmother can't help me with a lot of my work because its so hard! And she's a genius! I had HW in kindergarten why put such stress on young children that are no older than 5 or 6! I think learning should be fun. It will not be fun if it is so stressful and a bit too hard. Now don't get me wrong, it should be hard so that you can learn more. But if it is like, three grades above you, that is way too hard. Home work takes time away from truly important stuff. Once you are out of school for the day, it should be done.I also think they should try to teach social and courtesy stuff at school. Leave the work at school, don't bring it home. No home work, in my opinion.
Anonymous says2013-05-30T01:21:06.147
Who needs homework. Its just some more stress for us students!
Anonymous says2013-06-13T21:18:58.730
Thanks, this helped a lot!
Anonymous says2013-06-18T02:54:41.210
I actually think that homework helps us students learn. Personally, it helps me learn what I don't know. However, I feel that pointless homework only meant as busy work is not okay. Teachers feel that they have to assign work just because. Most of the homework handed to us students is busy work. I would spend way too long on homework every day if I wasn't cutting corners. Excessive homework is bad, but no homework isn't that great either.
Anonymous says2013-06-18T20:28:08.567
Homework doesn't even help us so, what's the point of it?
pspworld says2013-08-11T17:16:49.483
For those who are in middle or high school, you think its difficult now wait until you get into college if you decided to go. Homework is a heavy load. However, in college most teachers won't ask you to turn in the homework its for you to practice for the course. Teachers will know who did the homework based on the exam score of the student. A score cannot truly based on that behavior but it makes close estimate of that student studying behavior. Also what happen if you have a busy job and have to finish paper work at home. Are you going to say oh well I will just do it tomorrow. That shows lack of motivation to do your job. Homework does this, it makes you to be responsible independent person. All I can say this world is in trouble.
Anonymous says2013-08-28T17:57:41.887
Problem is with homework, is that at our school we get it daily, about 2 sheets, an extra hour (or 3!!) of work can really stress you out. Usually we have a week to do it but it's very annoying having the thought at the back of your brains..
Anonymous says2013-09-13T17:14:22.860
There should not be homework
johnsonbalke says2013-09-25T06:28:35.853
Homework should not be banned..It is the only way students learn even after staying away from home
rammstauffenberg says2013-10-23T01:01:10.690
All those who say 'NO', especially the 'kids'....Are a prime example of why America is so stupid, why they have no idea of rigor, and the US as an overall country is an epic failure.
Jayleigh says2013-11-10T03:00:50.240
Homework should not be banned. Listen and think about this is it really because of stress or are you just being plain lazy? Stress? Yes there is stress but not to the point to not have homework, it keeps what you learned at school fresh. I dislike how inconsiderate the people saying homework should be banned, do you know how seriously school is to Asia? Especially China?! No wonder why China is the leading in education by the high amount of lazy Americans.
redcenturion42 says2014-01-16T19:56:52.243
All those people who think there should be homework and are calling us who want homework banned lazy probably don't understand. When you get home from school it's okay to do your homework. But you shouldn't get home and do your homework until you go to bed at 11 o' clock at night. There needs to be a balance of academics and activities like sports or relaxation. When you are only doing work all day you tend to ware down. Instead of running kids ragged with work all day we need to encourage them to finish their work in school, and do something creative and fun outside of school. I think that if kids really need it then they should be allowed to take optional work but if they understand it with what they've done in school then they shouldn't have more work piled on top.
bka727 says2014-02-27T14:01:11.963
Lol
Tulbakra says2014-03-07T22:08:19.767
Not banned, but all of education needs serious reform. The current system is vile and does not work for 80% of students. The adults here claiming students are lazy probably forgot their own childhood. I think homework serves a purpose and should not be completely banned but mindless assignments that are just busywork or route memorization need to be eliminated. In my opinion it is more important to eliminate grades than to eliminate homework.
Chad9900 says2014-03-31T04:43:58.983
Ban that business. If adults dont come home after their work day to do extra unpaid work, why should a student?
hjeleen says2014-04-08T20:00:09.320
Homework should be banned!
Dancer123 says2014-08-26T01:00:19.483
I am a high school student and teachers give me homework on weekends?!?! Seriously the weekend is to be away from school! Sometimes i have to spend my whole weekend doing homework! Is that fair?? NO! We already have to be at school for 8 hours a day! Why give us more homework! I could spend all day talking about this subject but I amjust gonna end here homework should not be assigned at all and its a complete waste of time!
LamaKing says2014-10-01T09:51:28.027
Hello
LamaKing says2014-10-01T09:52:39.117
I am beautiful people and believe it or not i need my beauty sleep
LamaKing says2014-10-01T09:52:55.073
Hey
epoc says2014-10-26T23:23:04.653
Homework is just too stressful. You have this, that, on top of this and that, plus a little bit of this that you can't do and that that you don't understand.
notyourbusiness says2014-11-11T12:11:58.407
To the many people posting "homework should be banned" and "homework stinks" etc, would you mind giving some arguments instead of a simple emotional non-objective statement?
ajriskojuarez says2015-02-03T15:54:32.747
Lets stop homework, lets stop homework!
ajriskojuarez says2015-02-03T15:55:19.543
I also agree with this. Homework should be banned. Why Homework Is Bad

Some teachers do not answer a students question which would of helped the student to learn better and teachers always used to say to me “Learning is fun!” well I think now math and school now is a lot harder than in the 70’s and 80’s and put for an example a 10 year old in fifth grade with 6 1/2 hours of school and 45-50 minutes of homework and remember 2013 math is A LOT harder than 80’s and 70’s math so do you think you would be having fun? And I also want to state that homework causes cases of kids hating school (like me). So that concludes the end of my persuasive essay top three reasons homework is bad: overwhelming, interference and dislike.

Who agrees?
Mr_Droops says2015-02-25T14:28:17.067
It should be banned. I learn the exact same stuff in the actual class, without the frustration and no one being able to help or explain it.
weesus says2015-03-17T15:47:47.130
Can someone just ban homework already im sick of doing it
FancierBow20 says2015-03-18T19:30:06.603
What do we learn from it?
Austinh says2015-04-21T14:37:56.987
School sucks because of home work
TGambit says2015-06-25T18:09:06.567
This post is kids vs parents. Unfortunately as a parent I think all the kids here need to go back to doing their homework and focus on what getting good grades. Trust me (you wont) The amount of work you do now is so small compared to college and then the real world if you work a job that pays well. Homework no matter what excuse you have, it teaches you to work hard on and off of work and learn and master the subjects you are taught. Its a work ethic that will make you money. So stop wasting your time debating and go back to doing your homework!
actionguy777 says2015-07-21T16:05:05.237
I am currently moving into high school next year, and I support homework, and here's why: Lots of people claim that it causes stress because there isn't enough time. Take this schedule, which gives generous amounts of time to allow for outliers (Doesn't apply to college). Say the average student gets around 6-10 hours of sleep, then goes to school for 4-8 hours. Before homework, that leaves anywhere from 6 to 14 hours of free times. If you add 1-3 hours of homework, you still have 3-13 hours. Remember that the 3 hours of free time is the MINIMUM. Not many will have this little time, but we must still take it into account. These 3-13 hours can be used for whatever, such as having a social life or spending time with your family.
ghx123 says2015-08-24T10:34:47.630
Please ban homework!!!
deacc says2015-09-20T21:40:17.947
You know what? You want homework banned? Sure, no homework, no easy mark to cushion your grade. No extra credits. See how you like it when you fail. If you know what you are doing, homework takes minimal time to complete. It only takes you a long time because you don't understand the material to begin with.
its_ya_boi says2015-11-17T19:49:51.107
After a long day after school, approxmitely 6-7 hours, you`ve got homework to do.
Whether, its a 15 minute homework to a 5 hour homeowork, it just isnt fair because some people have advantages at home, e.g. brothers and sisters whereas some dont.
It also should be banned because it causes student stress, futhermore, Finland doesnt have homework and they still have good students. This proofs homework is nesecarry and doesnt mean it helps us.
PaigeAChu says2015-12-15T17:36:07.103
Homework helps people learn and grow as a person. How do you thing your teacher got where he/she is now? Homework, studying, and tests.
jaclyndiane says2015-12-17T15:27:59.957
If the schooling and education is efficient enough and fulfilling , homework shouldn't be needed or required it just packs on more work for students even though they have enough to work with,also it gives students unnecessary stress and anxiety that they should be free from in order to focus on school in all.
chrissss says2015-12-20T21:47:35.030
When exams are coming up the YES! But other than that no because I think its exercise for your brain when you learn something new kinda
Gamapo says2016-01-21T16:34:28.547
Isn't it funny that all the pro people have no grounds for their statements while the con people are using sound evidence? Kinda silly, don't you think? Pro, "duh, um, i don't want tuh!" con, "duh, ugh, homework has many beneficial aspects to it, such as helping you memorize it better, teaches time scheduling skills, teaches you to figure out problems on your own (logic) and, hey, this way you get out of school sooner! Would you rather stay another 2-3 hours and do homework in class?
kairosxx says2016-01-28T13:43:23.693
Bob
kairosxx says2016-01-28T13:44:47.833
Bastard
TheGodson says2016-02-07T00:58:55.877
Gamapo, the people saying pro say it because it is common sense. When you spend all day in school it is overwhelming to get crap out of your back pack to do more. I don't want to source anything, but rather state my experience with homework.

Homework teaches you:
-To look at the back of the text book for the answers
-That it is more important than your family and friends
-to hate school
-to solve problems only from a single perspective

A lot of the tactics used for teaching in school are bad in general. Not just the subjects, but the process of things overall. School was boring enough that you sat all day in a classroom. It isn't better that you have to take it home with you. I mean think about a typical school day:

6:30 --> Wake up and get ready for the day
7:30 --> Get to school and sit down all day listening and writing
2:30 --> Get on school bus
3:00 --> Finally arrive at home
5:00 --> Spend two hours doing homework (not necessarily because it is hard, but because it is time consuming)
5:30 --> Eat dinner
5:30 to 10:30 is free time!
10:30 --> Get in bed and go to sleep (healthy amount of sleep for average functioning human being is 8 hours)

This is even worse when you have an extra curricular activity which most students do. So for the average person that is about 2 to 3 hours of free time. Homework takes a big chunk out of that.

I can specifically remember times where I knew all the answers in a classroom, but the homework took forever anyway. Take math for example. I'd learn it in the class and already know how to do it. Then we'd get sent home to do 1 and a half chapters of math. The next day usually math homework was graded on whether you did it or not. How you performed didn't matter. This in itself is stupid, because then students just write down random crap to make it look like they worked. (Just one example of a horrible teaching method in school).

History class is another example. When studying for a test teachers give you a sheet where you have to look up in the book to fill in the blanks... How is that useful? What kids end up doing is looking through the book to find the keyword and copy it down. Just filler garbage. They aren't even paying attention to what they are writing down. They won't study it until later. You waste so much time looking for the answers when the obvious solution is to give the sheet with the answers on it and say study these. That way the student can better spend his/her time building flash cards or something to help remember things.

There is no reason to do the "fill in the blank" thing when studying for a test. It is obvious this does nothing, but we still do it. People are naturally this way though. We see a problem and acknowledge it, but rarely is anything ever done about it.

Another thing is school/homework doesn't allow you to get enough exercise which teaches laziness and does a horrible job at teaching things that matter in life. Nutrition is pretty important, but the emphasis that was taught in that class was pretty low. Who cares how many jewels are in a calorie. I just want to know what positive and negative sides certain foods with vitamin A do for you.

School is so controlling of your life that you barely have time and learn to be told what to do. Once you are on your own you are left thinking "now what?" All this time you've been told what to do and now you are on your own. You expect someone or something to guide you into what to do next, but you are lost. The world doesn't look out for you, because everyone else is too busy looking out for themselves.

One last note. I learned more about HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, in a single month studying on my own than probably 2 years spent at a college. I'm not going to lie people. A lot of that education stuff is just filled with filler stuff just to be there. It really is.

Sorry, this was a lot longer than I intended it to be. Rant over.
Gamapo says2016-02-08T19:58:59.310
@ TheGodson
Here's the thing, i agree whole heartedly with you statements on the flaw in the grading system, and even on some of the reasons for homework. However, there is both good and bad homework. Good homework does not necessarily need to be hard, or take time. What i don't understand is the wish to BAN homework. I think it should just be REVISED. We need work that (1) is useful. Something that students see the use for, so as they understand WHY they do it. (2) Has at least a little challenge. Students, (such as myself) need to learn how to figure things out on their own. (3) repeats certain things. 1/2 of the arguments above whine about, "a already learned this" (while the other half complain that they don't want to, which is extremely lazy.) but repetition is important for memorization. I don't think anyone wants to show that they are so daft as to say that you can remember everything taught in class in a day! If you can, congrats, your a superhuman. Nobody has that memory power! The only real grounds for this argument is found in the grading system, where i would say, change that! Do not ban homework!
Fizzy_Limes says2016-02-29T22:28:53.393
Hm, @jayleigh Why do you think teachers are given 6 HOURS to teach students the material? The main reason why AMERICA is not leading in education is due to the fact that students are tired out from homework. Honestly, even parents are agreeing with this. I do not know why you are calling us "lazy", since we are working our brains out for the hours at school, we TRY to do homework, in my family and many others, homework just causes arguments, such as when parents learned a different method for something and the child learns another. So, you are just a plain supporter of homework, which basically stresses the child, and sometimes tears the family apart.
Fizzy_Limes says2016-02-29T22:43:00.387
@gamapo Well, teachers are given 6-7 hours to teach the material. They should try to use all the time they have, and teach the material. The only thing homework does is: create family stress/conflicts, takes away from a child's free time, and just creates a certain hate for learning, school and home are DIFFERENT things. School is supposed to be used for learning, and home is supposed to be used for family time, and self-time.
Gamapo says2016-03-16T16:48:19.603
@Fizzy_limes
What? Free time? Ok, an average high schoolers free time consists of texting, squandering $ on a girlfriend, and watching tv! (i, for one do literally none of those things. I dont have any. And, yes, i have and love my life!)

As for the rest of your statement, did you even read mine? I said, "REVISED!" the school system is not ok how it is! However, WE NEED HOMEWORK! LIFE IS FULL OF HOMEWORK! I beg you, i implore you, DO NOT TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME!!!! I dont enjoy it, i hate it! BUT I NEED IT!!!! Im homeschooled, and if you remove homework, i will be on top of the world! LOGIC!!!! Think about the cause, an effect.

Cause. (they say its for the sake of family, but is it really? What do they do in the free time they already have? Over break? *COUGH!* phones, texting, *COUGH!*)

Effect. Heres where the picture gets ugly. Without homework, no-one will know how to solve problems ON THERE OWN! <- that, my friend, is the reason for homework! Aside from actually learning the facts, learning the skills, (such as research, formatting, structure) the real basis is LEARNING HOW TO FIND OUT ON YOUR OWN!!!! That will get you though life.
AAL256 says2016-04-17T16:03:53.440
I too think homework should be banned, currently i'am in grade 9 and i get a whole load of homework.
Many people are going to one side and to bann homework. I acctually am one of the top people in my class and i don't like homework.
It should be banned!
Gamapo says2016-04-19T03:04:26.010
PEOPLE! PLEASE READ THIS!!!! We need homework! You WILL NOT learn the material otherwise!! BUT!!! It does need to be REVISED!! It is NOT ok, but no homework would be WORSE!!! If we didn't have it, no-one would have any problem solving skills! You need the work, mby just, not so much.
PinkSheep101 says2016-05-09T21:37:05.217
My mother says 'do you want to the the football with your dad' and have to reply 'sorry,I'm doing homework'. Then she gets this wild and murderous look in her eyes. She takes a deep breath and helps me. 'NOW GO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!' My mom's awesome. 😆
PinkSheep101 says2016-05-09T21:43:01.507
You traitors! I have spent 3 hours on my hmwk. Already! Down with homework!
BTW, all of you little traitors are Donald Trump with different emails that he used to use to email his x's. Someone else 4 prez plz!!!
HeavenlyPanda says2016-05-31T01:05:20.437
You're all lazy.