• Homework is a large stressor

Stressors, when coupled or stacked together with others, can lead to depression. For example, body image is a huge stressor in students lives. When they have to cope with this in addition to school work AND homework, it can seem overwhelming. Certainly, the less stress on people, in general, the better.

• Khaleel should blow up the schools

He should blow up the school and fly a plane into the Eiffel tower and say no more school and hector would slap him and Khaleel would blow up again when he comes back an no more homework teachers your'e homework is not excepted even principles and say good by homework

• Homework should be banned Donald Trump should do something we shouldn't have 30 minutes to read or work book pg's are hard math.

We should not have homework it is time consuming and school takes to long and when we get out it's 3.00 pm and I want time to go bike riding and do my chores and help my grandma out and also take my dog for a walk and go to my friends house

• Homework should be banned

Homework is time consuming and it does not improve are grade and it is bad enough that we have to go to school for s.C.H.O.O.L stands for seven cruel hours of our lives (s.C.H.O.O.L) and we need time to ourselves and why do we even need school we need exercise.

• Banned by law yes because kids would be stressed out

Kids would be stressed out more and they don't have any time to do homework on the weekends plus kids parents would give up on them when their kids need help with their homework and a lot of kids don't need to learn that much stuff that they need to learn

• What gives the right to the teachers to my kid's time after school.

Homework is not assigned on an individual basis. So either a kid goes home and does homework on something they already know, or don't know it and "practice" it wrong. Where, oh where is the data that supports homework. If I hear one more teacher tell me it helps my kid learn "time manegement" and serves as "practice of skills" I will scream . The teachers do NOT talk to each other about assignments, they don't finish the lesson in class, they have no skills of which they try to impart! The worst, the absolute worst, is the horrible bullying, intimidation, and humiliation used to make sure the kid does the homework, regardless of whether they already know the material or not. The schools are always doing their "anti-bullying" seminars when their own teachers are the biggest bullies ever! Thank god for homeschooling.

• In my opinion, I think there should absolutely be no such thing as homework in the first thing.

Instead what we should do is only do work in school. Meaning no make up work, in class assignment. Instead we can focus on different things to reaching the same level.
    People have lives, and other things to do, that are way better than homework and im certainly intitled to the opinion. Who says we can't do this or that? We can focus on collaboration and other things that make us Successful. Sometimes homework is not the solution.
    Other countries are succeeding rapidly and yet we are still stuck on that same level.
    I could ramble way more stuff about this, but most people get my thought.
    So that's why I think Schools should ban Homework.

• Homework is Time Consuming

I always want to go home and do stuff after a stressful schoolday. I am in 11 grade, and I just want to play videogames, play guitar, etc, but I cannot, because of the amount of homework. My experiance with homework is horrible. My 8th grade math teacher would give us a packet of homework. If we complained, we got another one. He even gave us a 118 question packet for christmas vacation! Homework steals our leisure time. I only want to do work in school, not home.

• Homework takes a lot of Time! :(

My teacher gives a lot of homework. I am in sixth grade and I stay p until 11:00 pm at night doing homework. And NO I do not play around. It is very time consuming and very frustrating. I am always thinking about how much homework I have and need to do. Homework also, takes time away from family time or after school sports. I wanted to do softball this year but, because I have so much homework I can't do it this year. I am really disappointed. I really wish that homework never existed. I don't know if is just me but that is how I feel

• Homework Is Boring

Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring Homework Is Boring

• Should homework be banned

I am a student at Windsor. I like the homework, It helps me on my test, helps keep my grades up! We don't need as much but we still need homework, I am busy most night working with my horses and doing other things. So yes we need to keep homework, just not as much.

• This is pretty neutral...

I think hw is important in learning but too much is bad. Too much of anything is bad!!! Too much will affect the rest of the student's life and possibly also his health. I stopped sleeping at night when there is too much hw... I even lessen my eating! And i love food!! So yeah, there should be a limited number of hw per day, like 3!!!

• Takes away valuable time

Homework is just a big waste of time. It has no little educational value and takes away valuable time for more IMPORTANT things. Like spending time with your family. HW also wastes times for teacher who have to grade it. Finally, HW puts students off learning. Other schools are banning HW right now. Why don't everyone join in.

• Why ban it?

I am of the opinion that very few things really need to be banned by law. Homework is definitely not one of them. Homework for the most part is practice to give kids so that they can master their subjects. How could you get through college without homework? Not possible.

• Homework Ban is Nonsense

A homework ban by legislation is absolute and utter nonsense. Students need to do homework on a regular basis. Plus, such a law would be challenged and struck down almost immediately. Only a crazy legislator would think they could get away with banning homework in schools for students in the United States.

• That's just ridiculous

With all due respect, I'm assuming the poster of this question is in grade school? I can't imagine anybody past it thinking this makes sense. Homework builds a work ethic in students and teaches them to be wiser with their leisure time, it's a good guiding object that teaches kids to prove that they want to make something of themselves.

• Banned by law is too strong

While I disagree with the purpose of homework, children are sent to school for an education, sending it back home with them defeats the purpose, I think banning it by law is too strong of an action to take. There are many cases when some topics can't be covered in a class, maybe because of time constraints or sickness. Regardless of the reason, occasionally homework is needed, if it were banned by law, the child who missed the work during the day will fall behind and possibly fail.

• Homework Part of Educational Process

Homework is part of the vital educational process that all students must go through. Homework shouldn't be banned because it gives kids a chance to work and think independently of a teacher. Having work to do outside of a school setting is something children should get used to because in the "real world" pupils will eventually have work to do at home anyway.

• No it should not.

If we banned homework by law, then we would just have more work to do in school. The teachers would spend more time in class working on what would have been homework for the night befor, and then we would not learn nearly as much as we would if we had gotten homework in the first place.