• H.W is a waste of time

Homework is a waste of time and paper. And your using up valuable family time.
    Also Kids get home from 6 hours school at 3-4 o clock and they have after school activities and chores and dinner and they need more exercise in there day.
    And people wonder why children are obese.
    In winter it gets dark at 5pm so basically no room for exercise.!!

• Homework should not be banned

I think that homework should not be bannned because if you miss a day of school and your classmates studied somehting new and you dont even know what it is then without homework how are you supposed to practice that lesson that your class learned. If you have no practice then you can get bad grades from that.

• Homework should be banned

Homework makes kids stressed out about school. It can also cause kids to become unfit and less energized and less social. Does a kid really want to live that boring of a life, I mean really? Yes it can be a good thing but it is making our youth weird and wacky, just saying.

• Homework should be outlawed!

Homework has been given to students because teachers believe it helps them remember what they learn at school, and helps them learn the material better. "Homework is super helpful in learning and processing the material learned in class." Said no kid ever. Too much homework is not helpful, and can be unhealthy. Excessive amounts of time spent on homework can take away from kids social lives, family time, and sports or other activities. Homework should be outlawed.
    Critically acclaimed author Tami Ansary says, that since 1981, the amount of homework given to sixth graders has increased by more than fifty percent. In 1957, the Russians launched Sputnik into outer space. The new competition made schools try to increase the difficulty of the curriculum. With harder classes came more homework.
    Homework takes away from time that kids could be spending with their families. Rather than spending time bonding and building strong family relationships, parents and children argue over homework. Time is taken away from important elements of daily life. This time is particularly precious in families with two working parents whose time with their children is limited. This time could be better spent going out to dinner, or doing other activities that most families are not able to do because the kids have too much homework.
    My opposition might say that lots of homework prepares them for the "real world" and lots of homework helps them learn the material better. When difficult work assignments are given frequently, it causes students to lose interest in the subject. Negative results can also occur when someone is not able to finish his homework. Usually they will resort to copying homework, having others do their assignments, or cheating on tests. Bad habits like these are likely to follow them through their lives. With no consequences to these actions students will almost always take the easy way out when it comes to homework.
    The use of homework is effective when used by the rule less is more. Overwhelming kids with loads of homework can cause them stress and possible physical injury from a backpack overflowing with homework. Homework takes away from the small amount of time kids get to spend with their parents and siblings. A limit on their physical and social activities can also take a large toll on their lives, and could hinder their health and future relationships. Homework should not be assigned. In fact, it should be outlawed!

• Homework Should Be Banned From School

Homework should be banned from school. While some students may have the benefit of available resources and time to effectively complete their homework, this simply isn't the case for all students. This makes it an unfair system to those who may not have the support , resources, or time for homework. If a student does not understand the work they are doing and have no one to help them, this will frustrate them even more than they probably already are. if the assignment needs some information from the internet or requires typing, this discriminates against the poor students who have no computer, printer, or transportation to the local library. Some students need a job to survive, they simply will not get adequate sleep if they have homework added to their already long day. They might just give up on school completely. Though it may be a burden on teachers to teach everything required in a short span of time, the only effective way to reach all the students is to have all work completed in class. They are assured the student is doing their own work, they have the resources they need, and can help those who are struggling.

• Yes, I think homework should be banned in schools.

I think homework should be banned in schools because students can be tasked with various chores when they get home and will get in trouble if they don't get them done. Also the students need time to relax and unwind from the day at school, but if they have homework they have to do school work at home when they should be relaxing. Another reason if the teachers give them a lot of homework they wont get enough sleep for the next day at school and wont want to learn so it makes it harder for the teacher. That's why homework should be banned in schools.

• Homework should be banned.

Homework should be banned from school because we want to spend time on friends and family, but we can't because of all the homework. If homework was banned, we would be okay and stay alive. Just doing homework and printing it uses a lot of paper and kills a lot of trees.

• Homework is a pain.

I think homework should be banned, because it's just too painful to have school for seven hours plus extra-curricular clubs and then come home to get another two to three hours of homework. It's a waste of paper, light, energy, etc. This might not matter to rich countries like the U.S. but it affects the poorer countries in Africa.

• Say no to homework

Because children become easily distracted and become very disruptive and don't want to learn the next day as they feel tired and unhappy. Also it can give them bad headaches and motion sickness. My children are always tired after school and just want to have a good time so I as a parent say no to homework

• Way to tiring and stressful.

Homework should definitely be banned from school. Too much homework can cause kids to give up on their education. They think "this is too hard" or "it's too long". They have friends and family that they wish to spend time with. Homework takes away from their social time. Normally homework takes anywhere from 30 minutes to and hour (and that's per subject). Personally I know that homework takes up a lot of social time in my life. I can't ever seem to find the time to hang with my friends at the movies or at the park except for vacation or weekends. Sometimes it pushes you past your bedtime.

• No it should not!

I think kids should be given homework, because half the kids who are in school never do any work at all in school. They are busy worrying about something and they never pay attention, and the most popular ones talk too much. Homework is very useful to everyone to get a bit of extra practice or just to catch up on schoolwork. It is also useful for upcoming events. By events, I mean tests and exams, and I think there should even be a punishment if you do not do your homework. I think that teachers don’t have enough time to teach us everything. Did you know?

• Don't be dumb, say yes to homework.

American businesses are always looking for people with a good education. Without homework Americans will not be successful, we will never be able to accomplish our educational goals. Homework reinforces the knowledge that you learn during the day at school. It develops your responsibility to manage tasks and it will make us successful and responsible in our lives.

• No, homework should not be banned fro schools.

However, even though I don't think homework should be banned I do think that it should be given in moderation. Children often have several after school activities that they are involved in and this coupled with homework leaves them little time to just enjoy being kids. Even so I think that homework is necessary because what children learn at school also needs to be reinforced at home.

• No, absolutely not!

Homework should not be banned, it helps us build a better understanding of what we learn and it helps us become more organized and responsible for the future when we become adults and get a job! No boss wants someone who can't find anything and forgets to do certain paperwork that's important to the business or company. Homework helps our future!

• Are we trying to become dumber!?

Homework should be an absolute necessity in any school system, without homework we will lack the ability to learn, and therefore become an arrogant, and idiotic nation and work force. Without homework we will never be able to accomplish the educational goals that are needed to succeed in life, and further our educations into future academia.

• Learn.

No, homework should not be banned from schools. I understand that too much can be stressful but the right amount is just enough for students to be able to show what they have learned and what they are having trouble with. Teachers need it to see where their students are at.

• No, homework should not be banned from schools

An important part of education is learning to research items and develop concepts and ideas individually, not only in a group setting such as a classroom. Homework provides that aspect of education. Some argue that those with less access to materials or even a good place to study are put at a disadvantage. That may be true, but that could be solved by expanding the school day and allow students to do homework in school, or just providing areas (like libraries) that could also be used for this purpose. Don't penalize the majority of students by lessening the requirements based on the lowest common denominator of student.

• Lexus lynch you need homework

You need to have homework because homework help you get done with your classwork so you can get done with your classwork n so that is you need homework because you need homework so said NO!!!!! To homework i said NO!!!!!! To homework because homework help me get done with my classwork

• Homework should not be banned

I thought that no homework would be great.
    But...In school I'm the captain of a debating team and we have to say homework should not be banned.
    After researching the topic I strongly agree .
    Here is why....

It lets you revise and study

It teaches you to use time wisely

It teaches you to be responsible for your actions

It lets your parents/guardian know what you are learning in class

It is not a waste of time

Better education means better job opportunities

• No homework should not be abolished

I really think that H.W. Has helped me most to improve my studies and also only with the help of H.W. I have scored well in my exams. I have sen many children in my class who do not pay attention when teachers are teaching, homework helps them also understand the topic well no matter what they are thinking of it , so no banning! ;-);-);-)

debateboss2014 says2014-05-14T20:25:55.870
No homework should not be banned